Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 06, 2007

Old     (buluver)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-02-2007, 7:52 PM Reply   
Any major changes for the 2008? Anyone know if there is any difference between the 07 and 08?

Thanks
Old     (al_d)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-02-2007, 8:06 PM Reply   
I've been shopping and the only things they have told me is the:
V graphic.
Fiberglass platform.

Neither are really 2008 specific, since the graphic came out a few months ago and the plat form is only because they can't getteak any more.
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-02-2007, 8:07 PM Reply   
Why cant they get teak?
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-02-2007, 8:07 PM Reply   
Why can't they get teak anymore?
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       08-02-2007, 8:13 PM Reply   
I have heard that there is a shortage of teak in general, but I don't know if that is the fact in this case. Teak is becoming more expensive.
Old     (al_d)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-02-2007, 8:21 PM Reply   
I was told that one company made all the teak boards for several boat builders and he closed his doors. No one to fill the void right now so Sanger is going to all fiberglass.

Keep in mind this was a sales guy telling me this, but he seems like straight shooter and he had no reason to BS me since I wanted fiberglass.
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-02-2007, 9:09 PM Reply   
HA beat ya leo
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-02-2007, 10:18 PM Reply   
the fiberglass deck looks great they did a nice full finish around the bottom and put the rub rail around it also.

couple of problems i have noticed with mine.
1. because it is a 2 piece mold, a top and a bottom it tends to take on water between the seems of the platform giving it sort of a water logged feel. but its added ballest. this is a noted problem by sanger but they still have not corrected it. you will notice a spoungy feel to it. the kal kustom quick fix is to tap 2 holes in the bottom toward the outside corners. this allows it to drain. i cleaned mine up with a couple of stainless steel grommits and it looks great.

2. the deck grip is sort of rough on the knees if you crowl up on it, unlike the soft spoungy feel of the new bu's.

but there are some pluss factors.
1. it has a larger surface area and feels nice when your putting your board on.

2. its alot easier to maintain and provides a better, safer diving board because of the grip.

as for the teak, well its true there is a shortage. i dont know th whole truth but heres what i know. most of the teak we get is imported from central america, i.e. costa rica, panama, i have done alot of travling through c.a. and trust me there is alot of american influance now. americans have been snatching up properity for years now and exausting the teak resources down there. it was a get rich quick thing. buy some land wait 10 years for the teak trees to mature and bam wipe it clean do this a few times and now the soil is crap. its the same here with all the f-ing orn were planting. you see they speed the mature proccess and we get a less quality product and the earth cant keep up. so once again this is somthing that is are own darn fault. and that is just a tip of the ice burg with this. but yah its true there is a shortage of teak.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-02-2007, 10:32 PM Reply   
What about the new dash?