Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (brentcochran)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-09-2011, 1:34 PM Reply   
Mostly concerned with solid wakeboard wake, not so much surf. I'll need a custom ballast system but that should be no big deal. I know it has the diamond hull and I've read some looooong threads on that. More just looking for someone to say if the wake was respectable or not. Obviously, I would ride behind it before throwing cash down but maybe I'd skip it completely.

Thanks!

Brent
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-10-2011, 12:17 AM Reply   
i have ridden behing a few sunscapes, but you didnt really list any specs on the boat... anyways pretty much every malibu i have ever ridden has had a solid wakeboard wake!

if it doesnt have a wedge, i would say dont get the boat...

but yea if it has a wedge you should be solid running at slower speeds with a short line, and if you plumb in your own ballast system your wake will be awesome!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-10-2011, 8:59 AM Reply   
Brent, I saw the ad the other day for that boat. It sure looks nice and clean and like a good deal. No experience but goign off what other have posted you should still be able to get a good wakeboard wake with wedge and extra ballast. I don't think the problem will be getting a nice solid, consistant and clean wake but it might not have the pure size you want unless you add lots of weight.
Old     (brentcochran)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-10-2011, 9:59 AM Reply   
JB - i figured there was only one that year but it's 21', titan tower, no ballast system, no wedge (which I hadn't thought to check), definitely has the diamond hull. My current boat is a 96 DD, so I'm sure this would kick up a better wake. That said, I want to buy something I'll be stoked to ride behind for 6-8 years and I love a nice big rampy wake.

Brett- pretty clean for an 02 wasn't it? I'm not really looking to buy right now but if a great deal comes knocking on my door...
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-10-2011, 10:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentcochran View Post
JB - i figured there was only one that year but it's 21', titan tower, no ballast system, no wedge (which I hadn't thought to check), definitely has the diamond hull. My current boat is a 96 DD, so I'm sure this would kick up a better wake. That said, I want to buy something I'll be stoked to ride behind for 6-8 years and I love a nice big rampy wake.

Brett- pretty clean for an 02 wasn't it? I'm not really looking to buy right now but if a great deal comes knocking on my door...
Brent, call Paul at Bakes. He may know the boat since they most likely sold it to the guy. I see that it doesn't have ballast as a plus. You know that it hasn't been loaded down and worked hard. Paul can also tell you if you can add a wedge. I definetely would if possible on a Malibu like that. I think with triple auto ballast, PP and wedge that boat is worth 25-27.5k or so. Add in 1500 for auto ballast install, 1500 for wedge and install and 1500 for PP and install and maybe it isn't as crazy good of a deal as it sounds but I think it is still a solid deal. If you could get it for 19-20k I think it becomes a legit deal and would be worth jumpin on. That boat is gorgeous and classic looking. I actually sent the link to my buddy tryign to convince him to buy it.