Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-19-2011, 9:46 AM Reply   
Well my boat has been at Texas Stereo for a few weeks getting a summer overhaul. Two seasons of fun will take a toll on a boat so its best keep up with the small things rather than let them pile up and cause more headache down the road.

The list... replaced all defective swtiches on the switch panel that controls lights, fog, laser, misters,etc. Replaced ANL fuse with a circuit breaker, replaced all pre amp cables(was getting feedback from somewhere), tighten all the loose crap down from 4 XS-XXX pounding everything. replaced several LED strips that had gone bad and the list can go on and on and on.

While it was at the shop Texas Stereo enclosed my other two Syn 1's that i recently added so everything looks the same. Enclosure wrapped in black vinyl, two fans and plexi window.

I also had two more Kinetik 2400's installed. The problem we ran into was where in the hell they were going to go. Every last storage space in the boat is completely occupied with something. We could have put them on the starboard side where the other Kinetiks are but the boat would have listed a bit. We decided to build the battery box in the walk way and relocate the laser. We really had no other option and i really need the extra amp hours to run this system. The batteries are actually built up on some starbaord feet so the carpet can still be taken in and out for cleaning. The battery box also has a removeable lid on it so they are very easy to service. To give it a finished look, a starboard step was added on the lid with runway lighting so no one trips over the battery box!

Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       08-19-2011, 10:53 AM Reply   
Your boat is utterly ridiculous and I mean that as a compliment. Definitely a one of a kind boat. We have one XS-12 with 600w going to it and it pounds pretty good. We are going to swap it for a XXX and a Syn-1 next season. I can only imagine what 4 XXX sounds like. If I am ever in Texas near your way I would love to hear that thing!!!
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-19-2011, 11:52 AM Reply   
Man I would kill to see this thing in person!!!!
Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-19-2011, 1:51 PM Reply   
Looks killer! Nice fit and finish.

My only concern is the moisture that is going to be pulled into the compartments the amps are in. That area of a Malibu is super prone to moisture mostly from water on the top of the seats making it's way under into the amp area. Then the fans will pull the moist air into the amp compartments. It would be interesting to see what they look like a day or 2 after a full day on the water. Bet you'll find some foggy plexi.

But like I said it looks good!!
Old     (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-19-2011, 2:46 PM Reply   
Johnny - I've had two syn1's and three syn 4's in the same plexi enclosure since the stereo was completed back in June of last year. We just put the other two syn1's in matching enclosures. Never once have I had water or moisture get in the amps racks. The cupholder drains are sealed with waterproof LED bullets.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-19-2011, 3:12 PM Reply   
It's like you are not even trying...put some effort into it and get back to us!
Old     (UNvisible)      Join Date: May 2010       08-20-2011, 6:29 AM Reply   
i will try my best to get moisture in the amp rack today