Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (wakegirl22)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-11-2011, 2:33 PM Reply   
I thought about asking everyone on here first.....I will be traveling to Costa Rica later this year for my sisters wedding. I have a Canon Rebel XTi and have the lense that came with the camera 18-55mm and a Canon 75-300mm lense. I would love anyones opinion on lenses that I would possibly like to use for the trip for some unique pictures. I was thinking of trying www.borrowlenses.com but have not rented anything yet. I am a self taught photographer and I know that there is much more for me to learn but I would just love to take some awesome pictures while down there. Thank You!
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-11-2011, 4:08 PM Reply   
Jaime, sounds like a fun trip/adventure. www.borrowlenses.com is a great company to deal with, I have used them twice and been very happy with them. If it were me I would look into somthing like a Canon 24-105 f/4 L to add to what you are already taking. It will work well on the XTI crop sensor, My guess is once you put it on your camrea it will stay on most of the trip. A 50mm 1.8 would also be nice for low light shooting, and there pretty cheap, you could pick up a good used one for 80 to 90 bucks.

Post some pic's when you get back.
Old     (wakegirl22)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-11-2011, 5:42 PM Reply   
Thanks for your thoughts! I will definately be posting some shots when I get back.....I am so excited to get the chance to go!
Old     (Walt)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-12-2011, 5:09 PM Reply   
Take a look at the 24-70 2.8L too.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-12-2011, 10:10 PM Reply   
whoa - a walt sighting!

long time no see walt; hope you're doing well man.
Old     (Walt)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-13-2011, 7:17 AM Reply   
Doing well and back at you Joe. Your Trifecta shot was amazing. Could of been a mag cover shot IMHO.