Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-22-2003, 10:05 PM Reply   
I was at skiers beach, this weekend, on the delta, and I could not believe the trash. 100s of cans and 100s of bottles. Broken glass and dog chit all over.

What is up with this?

People had even defaced the "take your trash with you" and "do not litter signs".

Unbelievable.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/69352.html?1054649957
Old     (lehmur)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-22-2003, 10:40 PM Reply   
Not surprising when the main purpose for the majority of people hanging out there on weekends is to get trashed. No different from any other Summer.
Old     (cramey)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-23-2003, 8:08 AM Reply   
go wakin doesn't clean it up ? i thought it was their beach.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-23-2003, 9:00 AM Reply   
A bunch of people cleaned it up a few weeks ago (early June), yet now it is again a trash dump.

To me, this proves that it is not worth cleaning. Let the morons wallow in their trash.

The sad thing was that the beach was filled with families and kids while I was there at 11 am. My guess is that these folks are not the source of the trash.
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-23-2003, 9:17 AM Reply   
DaneDawg... Cruise by that place about 4 on sunday's... wholly molly.. That seems like the time with the most people.. I can guareentee there are little to no families at that time...
Old     (jwag)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-23-2003, 10:13 AM Reply   
We were out there yesterday as well. Picked up two brand new beer cans after I stepped on them in the water. Turns out it was the boat right next to us. Needless to say, I gave them there trash back.
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       06-23-2003, 10:47 AM Reply   
sheriff should come bye more wewer there at around 12 and wel teh boat next ro ous was way past being good to leave that day they finished a whole botle of absolute taking as much as u can straight from teh bottle. not to mention teh pile of 30 something beer can a sky vodka drinks. people r so stupid these days
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-23-2003, 11:38 AM Reply   
It sucks you get those people who dont care... I stepped on a few bottle and put them inside the nearest boat. The sheriff will not waste their time trying to get people to clean up, they want to get the drunk drivers, which is fine by me. those one are the ones littering and causing the most problems anyways...
Old    mandi            06-27-2003, 9:42 PM Reply   
Why do people feel they have to drink in order to have a good time? Whats the point? I know I can go out and have a good time without any drinking. The sport itself is a great high without the added chemicals.
Old     (levi)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-28-2003, 1:14 AM Reply   
Where exactly is skiers beach? I'm still finding my way around the delta...... Sounds like a place to give a wide berth.
Old    crash_and_burn            06-28-2003, 11:37 AM Reply   
Acros from Winmill Cove