Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (twelve02)      Join Date: Aug 2010       04-19-2011, 4:38 PM Reply   
I'm replacing the speakers inside my boat, there is 4 of them around the seating area. I've been doing a bit of research and I'm a little limited by the depth of what I can put in. I've been looking at the wet sounds xs-65 and sw-65 or exile xs65c.

I really don't know much about either, but have read that people like both. The max depth for the side speakers is ~2.75" and I'm not limited by depth for the 2 rears. I already have 2 sub woofers, 1 to power the speakers on the tower and another to power the floor speakers. Is there any other speakers I should be looking at? I just want a really good quality set of speakers with clean sound. They are going in a 2003 Sanger V230

Thanks,

-Tom

Old     (ian_ashton)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-19-2011, 5:13 PM Reply   
I just swapped Exiles into my boat, replacing Polks and they are night and day; I am very happy with them. They look cool too.
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-19-2011, 7:14 PM Reply   
TB,
I've never heard of an owner of either of these speakers being disappointment so I have to believe you would enjoy either. You really shouldn't have to look any farther. But to answer your question and in no particular order, Focal Acess, Exile, Bullet HollowPoint, JL Audio M series, Polk Audio MM or MM UM series, Wetsounds and Kicker 6200s are all excellent upgrade speakers that will work well in a boat. Most, but not all, may fit the 2.75" depth requirements.

David
Earmark Marine
Old     (d_rock)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-19-2011, 8:17 PM Reply   
I just bought 2 pairs of Bullet 650 coax from Dave at Earmark. It was a toss up between those and the Wetsounds. I ended up mouting them behind the side panels which kept a stock look but is kind of disco. they replaced Infinity kappas and all i can say is wow. The infinitys were a waste of money and time. Im sure the wetsounds are as good if not better. Which ever one will fit will be a well worth the upgrade. Stock clarion amp pushing them and I was blown away. I could only imagine what some of these other systems sound like!
Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       04-20-2011, 6:46 AM Reply   
Tom, I replaced my stock in boats with the Exile sx65's (Sanger V215), using the stock Phoenix Gold amp. They were a HUGE improvement. I agree with David, you will likely be happy with any of those.
Old     (riverrunner)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-20-2011, 10:04 AM Reply   
We currently have Black Wet Sounds SW-650's in the boat with plenty of power and they are better than anything I have ever put my ears to on the water. Over the weekend I was in a friends boat that has Wet Sounds WS-65's in it, not sure how much power he had on them but, the speakers sounds great, I have always been a fan of Polk, go price for what you get, but the WS-65's sound much better to me. Bang for the buck I would go with the WS-65's but, as stated above you really can't go wrong, try to listen to some before buying. Might also consider that there is a reason why so many manufactures are sending their boats from the factory with WS products.
Old     (twelve02)      Join Date: Aug 2010       04-20-2011, 10:42 AM Reply   
Thanks everyone for posting thoughts / comments / recommendations. If I get a chance, I'm going to see if I can listen to the original speakers I posted. Now. I'm starting to wonder if I should get new tower speakers too.
Old     (Cajun_Misfit)      Join Date: Jun 2010       04-20-2011, 11:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by twelve02 View Post
thanks everyone for posting thoughts / comments / recommendations. If i get a chance, i'm going to see if i can listen to the original speakers i posted. Now. I'm starting to wonder if i should get new tower speakers too.
yep