Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-20-2011, 5:47 AM Reply   
Is anyone riding this board and got any info on it? I'm going to be demoing one this weekend. RIght now I'm leaning towards the Ronix Viva, but think this board may give it a running for its money.
Old     (dillon538)      Join Date: Dec 2010       07-20-2011, 8:49 AM Reply   
The Oracle for 2011 is awesome. I was riding last years and it was great,but with the few changes to the 11' makes it even better. Its thinner and lighter for 11'. The board flexes in the right spots and is very forgiving. Has tons of pop and is extremely durable. With the new Destructo base it slides great and is repairable. The D90 Urathane sidewalls makes the edges insanely duable. The base has a double concave but flaten outs on the nose,tail and edges. It makes for super soft and smooth landings even way out into the flats. All in all the Oracle is a great board for the wake and also for rails and cableparks.

Get all the specs at www.humanoidwake.com

Definatly give it a demo,and youll see how fun and great this board is.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-20-2011, 8:52 AM Reply   
Do you ride it more behind the boat or cable? I'm curious about how it will hold up to my size, I'm 225-230, and when throwing inverts tend to break boards on bad landings. I'm really looking for a board that will hold a great edge into the wake, and pop, like the viva, but be looser on the water for spins
Old     (dillon538)      Join Date: Dec 2010       07-20-2011, 9:15 AM Reply   
i ride all boat with it,and rails as well.it really is a great board for all aspects of our sport. its deffinatly a looser riding board and the way the edges are its very forgiving. ride the 143 youll be good to go. ive never seen one break like a normal foam core board but im not saying its not possible. with the Pt. 9 fins it holds a great edge but is loose when you need it to be,also if you like an earlier release off the wake you can just move the fins down a screw hole on the board. play around with it when you demo and have fun. hope this helps.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-20-2011, 9:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dillon538 View Post
i ride all boat with it,and rails as well.it really is a great board for all aspects of our sport. its deffinatly a looser riding board and the way the edges are its very forgiving. ride the 143 youll be good to go. ive never seen one break like a normal foam core board but im not saying its not possible. with the Pt. 9 fins it holds a great edge but is loose when you need it to be,also if you like an earlier release off the wake you can just move the fins down a screw hole on the board. play around with it when you demo and have fun. hope this helps.
THat helps a ton, looking forward to trying it
Old     (holdsworth)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-20-2011, 2:08 PM Reply   
Mark, I have the honors of breaking the first Humanoid without ever hitting a rail. It's possible
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-20-2011, 2:23 PM Reply   
Well I just picked up the demo an hour or two ago, may test out it's strength tonight
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-28-2011, 7:39 PM Reply   
Any updates?
Old     (chicksdigflips)      Join Date: Jul 2011       07-28-2011, 9:46 PM Reply   
SELLING ONE CURRENTLY
2011 HUMANOID ORACLE 140 2011
http://cgi.ebay.com/2011-Humanoid-Or...#ht_500wt_1191
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-29-2011, 9:55 AM Reply   
I liked it, just couldn't get it to pop like I did the viva or bside. I'm pretty big 6'1 225lbs. I'm wondering if flew gives too much due to my weight. It';s a fast board and I was really cranking my backrolls on it
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-29-2011, 12:04 PM Reply   
I will give my review of the 2011 Oracle after i get it next week. I had a 2010 flex and liked it; hopefully I like the changes.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-07-2011, 9:19 PM Reply   
I got out on the water finally with the '11 Oracle, and I am really excited I upgraded my '10. The board has a nice loose feel to it, and is a lot of fun to ride. The best part, it is really forgiving. Surface spins and slides used to take a bit of concentration on the old Oracle because to me it had a really catchy feel to it; the '11 makes these moves extremely easy.

I can't wait to get some more time on the board, I am extremely impressed. (of course my new Ronix 1 boots didn't hurt either)
Old     (BorderBoarder)      Join Date: Jul 2011       08-08-2011, 7:52 AM Reply   
Chris, the Viva is an amazing board and tons of fun, but it is not made for guys our size. I am 6' 220# and just this year I have broken an '09, '10, and two '11 Viva 144's. It sucks because it is the most fun board I have ever ridden, especially the '11 model. Three were broken doing either raley's or tantrum's into the flats and the fourth by casing the wake on a weak switch 180. Not trying to bash Ronix but that board just isn't made for big, semi aggressive riders.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-08-2011, 8:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorderBoarder View Post
Chris, the Viva is an amazing board and tons of fun, but it is not made for guys our size. I am 6' 220# and just this year I have broken an '09, '10, and two '11 Viva 144's. It sucks because it is the most fun board I have ever ridden, especially the '11 model. Three were broken doing either raley's or tantrum's into the flats and the fourth by casing the wake on a weak switch 180. Not trying to bash Ronix but that board just isn't made for big, semi aggressive riders.
Yeah i've had the exp that ronix boards break far too easily, but the are warrantied very nicely. A friend of mine has broke a ton of them and now is riding the viva ATR, hasn't broke it yet, though I did break one of his fins. I just picked up the viva and expect to go through a couple before seasons end. Love this board with the .8 slider fins. Fast, tons of pop, and loose on the water with those fins. Honestly I don't think they make any wakeboards for people over 200lbs
Old     (lives2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-08-2011, 8:48 AM Reply   
I rode the Oracle behind boat all of last year...loved it. (was coming off of a Severance)
Just started riding the Plank on cable and I'm really happy with it. (Coming off the Oracle (2010 was a bit sticky on the rails) and the Recruit)
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-08-2011, 1:36 PM Reply   
FYI for those in the bay area looking to check em out, I was just down at the liquid playground and they have them in stock and on sale (I think).
Old     (holdsworth)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-08-2011, 2:31 PM Reply   
@Chris, that's because Ronix is made in China. I've broken 5 Ronix boards and 1 Humanoid, which was actually a sorta freak thing that I would've never expected.