Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       10-12-2010, 12:22 PM Reply   
What is the easiest way to get and out of a drysuit (any tricks that made it less difficult)? What are you wearing underneath?
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-12-2010, 12:26 PM Reply   
un zip it? I tnink you are talking about a wet suit? I wear jeans or what ever I am wearing that day under my dry suit.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-12-2010, 12:34 PM Reply   
Since the seals are very tight, a simple trick to help get in the thing is to put a plastic grocery bag over your hand/foot to push through the seal. I wouldn't recommend putting one over your head unless you are going for the Darwin awards. Under the suit I generally wear thin PJ pants and a long sleeve shirt.

Also, be sure to pee before you put it on and if you are going to fart, be sure to vent the air out a sleeve. If you fart and forget, venting out the neck can be a horrible situation. Trust me.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-12-2010, 12:56 PM Reply   
Baby powder applied to the skin helps the seals slide on/off a little easier. Aside from that, always pull the seal itself and never the dry suit material when putting on/taking off your dry suit. Pulling on the dry suit is a quick way to pop off a seal.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-12-2010, 1:07 PM Reply   
don't strain while pulling on seals it may cause a pressure relief. if it does refer to stephans post and don't vent from the neck as this could cause nausea.
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       10-12-2010, 1:55 PM Reply   
What you wear under a dry suit depends on the conditions. Anything from boardshorts and vest up to sweat suit and vest works for us in Texas, depending on the temp.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-12-2010, 3:44 PM Reply   
I to usually wear whatever I have on that day. But again it depends on the conditions. I have seen a few front zip drysuits show up lately on here, I think having the zipper int he front would drive me nuts. They are so stiff and rigid that it seems to defeat the purpose.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       10-12-2010, 3:47 PM Reply   
"if you are going to fart, be sure to vent the air out a sleeve. If you fart and forget, venting out the neck can be a horrible situation. Trust me."

Hee hee
Old    kaligirl            10-12-2010, 7:16 PM Reply   
wow....used a dry suit all last winter....the grocery bag idea is great one! What I wear underneath depends on the air temp....I've worn everything from a bikini to sweats. Really resist that initial urge to pee as soon as you get in the water!
Old     (bobenglish)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-12-2010, 7:32 PM Reply   
"Really resist that initial urge to pee as soon as you get in the water!"

That is my exact thought every time! Especially after riding a few weeks with a wet suit.