Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (k9fxr)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-25-2010, 1:40 PM Reply   
Getting ready to order my post ACL surgery brace, and was thinking of getting one for the normal knee. Anyone had any thoughts or experience riding with 2?
Old     (ClutchIndustries)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-25-2010, 2:21 PM Reply   
Casting my vote for Two! I ride with Two CTI2 braces. I've ridden with only one and none. After a few sets, it will feel weird riding without them.
Old     (irishrider92)      Join Date: Jun 2009       04-25-2010, 2:23 PM Reply   
Old     (adamsilcio)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-25-2010, 2:58 PM Reply   
rode with a cti2 brace after my surgery in '07. the black one i used for three years then my doctor who treated my broken foot last semester wrote me a script for another one for preventative reasons. i remember her saying, "oh another wakeboarder! except you broke your foot. i've performed surgery on four of you guys this year for blown knees. if i write you a prescription for a brace... will you go ahead and get one for your good knee."

she had my back and so now i am rocking two braces. but there are no guarantees, just remember that dude.....

Old     (k9fxr)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-25-2010, 6:31 PM Reply   
Thanks
Hey Rukus, why the 2 different colors?
Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-25-2010, 6:44 PM Reply   
I wear two as well
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-25-2010, 7:53 PM Reply   
so we can tell when he is riding switch....
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-26-2010, 9:09 AM Reply   
I am rocking two for preventative reasons (to an extent). What happened to influence my decision was that I had surgery on one of my knees. Once I was completely healed from surgery I was able to understand what a "good knee" felt like...now realized that before I had two bad knees and after surgery my healthy knee was now my "bad knee". haha.
Old     (adamsilcio)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-26-2010, 10:45 PM Reply   
so essentially, you had two surgeries M-Dizzle?
Old     (k9fxr)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-27-2010, 2:25 PM Reply   
I think he is saying the "nonsurgical" good knee became the bad knee because the surgical knee felt so good.
Old     (k9fxr)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-28-2010, 6:18 PM Reply   
Having trouble getting a script written for the normal knee, anyone have any ideas on how to present it to the doc, apparently they need a diagnosis to write one.