Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 06, 2005

Old    bubbaboarder            07-26-2005, 11:12 AM Reply   
I just wanted to give a heads-up to any Nautique owners who are thinking of upgrading their Clarion XMD1 head unit to the new Clarion CMD4. The new CMD4 has a smaller footprint than the XMD units so the old bolt holes will show unless you put a plate underneath the new unit. The adapter plate that Clarion sells will NOT fit into the head unit area on Nautiques so I ended up sending it back and making my own plate. Don't understand why Clarion had to change the size of their head unit, why their adapter plate doesn't match the XMD1 footprint, or why Nautique chooses to form their dash around such a proprietary sized head unit...
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-26-2005, 5:08 PM Reply   
Ya Andrew I feel your pain, I to wonder why they sized it down. Its kinda sucks why it dosent just bolt in, but making a custom face plate shouldnt be that hard. Get out your took and start cutting. LOL
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-26-2005, 5:11 PM Reply   
your problem was posted here, A few weeks back

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65921/219225.html
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-26-2005, 6:30 PM Reply   
When I saw "Warning", I was thinking it explodes when you put Ricky Martin in it or something.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-27-2005, 12:45 AM Reply   
It's not Ricky Martin that causes explosion, it's country music, just like tubes will break towbars/towers...

almost cried when I saw a guy with a SANTE towing a tube in S's over absolute butter Sunday out on the delta. I don't know if he understood my gesture, hand over my eyes shaking my head...
Old     (baddad)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-27-2005, 8:27 PM Reply   
Will the newer cmd4 work with the remote used with the xmd1? Been thinking about upgrading, but dont want to spend xtra $$ on the new remote.
Old    bubbaboarder            07-28-2005, 10:32 AM Reply   
Sound Illusions, the old post mentioned a Clarion adapter plate that will solve the problem so I wanted to tell people that the plate won't work.

Dimitri, acccording to Clarion some functions of the old remote won't work, such as the mute button. I ended up getting the new CMRC1-SB remote and a new cable, but the old cable is the same so I could've saved $17. Oh well.