Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    surfdad            10-28-2010, 7:22 PM Reply   
This isn't the one we ordered, but the same model. We purchased through Grant down at CMS and should have it in 6 weeks!

We ordered a gray and red surf graphics color scheme, rather than this blue and white.
Attached Images

Old    surfdad            10-28-2010, 7:24 PM Reply   
While we were there we saw these gorgeous old wood'ies.
Attached Images

Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-28-2010, 8:37 PM Reply   
Congrats Jeff! Im anxious to see pics and how she performs for ya
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-28-2010, 8:58 PM Reply   
right on man t hats sick!!!
Old     (BlairJ)      Join Date: Jun 2010       10-29-2010, 7:16 AM Reply   
Grats Walkers!
Old     (F725)      Join Date: May 2010       10-29-2010, 7:32 AM Reply   
I might buy the Supreme this next spring. My boat has a buyer waiting... I actually almost ordered the 226 this last July but decided to be be cautious with spending any cash.
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       10-29-2010, 8:07 AM Reply   
super cool!! love to see what that boat can do with a little extra weight in the right hands
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-29-2010, 9:54 AM Reply   
Nice boat Jeff. Can't wait to see the real thing.
Old     (dreamer)      Join Date: Nov 2008       10-29-2010, 11:41 AM Reply   
Can you walk under that bimini or do you have to duck down?
Old     (drew32)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-29-2010, 11:42 AM Reply   
Supreme Boats is very excited and honored that the Walker family has chosen our V226 SURF EDITION. With the combination of James' amazing abilities and our world class surf wake, the skies the limit!

Supreme Boats looks to have the Walkers part of our family for many years to come.
Old     (islander033)      Join Date: May 2008       10-29-2010, 12:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
Can you walk under that bimini or do you have to duck down?
I don't think Surfdad has to duck under many things...lol

Congrats on the new purchase, sweet surf boat!

Last edited by islander033; 10-29-2010 at 12:30 PM. Reason: spelling
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-29-2010, 12:50 PM Reply   
You don't have to duck under, not only that, grant, 6'2" and about 250 or so, can hang from it. That bimini is an amazing thing. If jeff doesn't get one on his boat, I may have to drive down and smack him. ;-)
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-29-2010, 1:16 PM Reply   
Oh yeah, congrats Jeff, can't wait to see it live. Its going to be lots of fun dialing in a new wake.
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       10-29-2010, 3:52 PM Reply   
Is this the color scheme that you are going with?
Attached Images

Old    surfdad            10-29-2010, 6:16 PM Reply   
Thanks everyone! We're excited to make the purchase!

That's the color scheme, Dennis, thanks. As Drew32 pointed out it's their Surf Edition. I believe that Grant was telling me that the grey and red was one of their specific color options with the graphics.

Dennis is right, we don't have issues with bumping our heads! I'm 5'4" and Judy is 4'11", so we are freaks in the other direction. I think there was at least a foot of clearance for me under the bimini. The flip side for us though is things like attaching the rope. I typically have to scale the tower to get a loop over I don't know that this is applicable to anyone else, but the tower on the V226 extended far enough back that I can stand on the rear seat and reach the tow ball.

We've been so fortunate in dealing with both Supreme and Grant at CMS in this regard. If you can imagine Judy at 4'11" trying to sit in a bolster seat on a weighted surf boat while driving. Bigger folks it isn't so much an issue, but for Judy, her legs didn't touch the floor and mostly all she could see was the windshield frame They found a shorter pedestal for the chair and will be swapping that for us. It's those little things that make the ownership experience more enjoyable. I really appreciate all that CMS and Supreme have done for us.

The Bimini is pretty cool as Robert pointed out. It's big and Drew and Grant tell me you can leave it up while towing. There are two straps at the front that allow it to not flop around at 55 mph. The top of the bimini also has straps and two bars on the frame so you can toss your surfboards up there while surfing and it keeps the boards in there. Eliminates the racks and gets them off the floor. I wasn't able to reach up and where a board would be without standing on the side, but James and Dennis can...so I may just have to ask, nicely, for assistance.

@ Frank. James doesn't much like a super steep/tall wake. He's able to boost without needing the kick and of course he can recover from the wash. When we rode Drew's boat back in Florida, they had more weight than I can imagine we'll ever use. James liked the transition though both on that boat and then the boat that Grant let us demo up here. I think we running around 1,900 pounds with people and water ballast on the demo boat. Dennis, if you're reading this, was that about right? Anyway, the point is that we are freaks here also. Judy and Bre both ride and they are not fond of tall and steep, so we really like to concentrate on rampy transitions with a super firm/solid/vertical lip in the last 8 or so inches. For our tastes, that then still allows James to do his surface rotations, as well as boost. We seemed to get that pretty easily when we went out with the demo boat.

I'm really looking forward to getting our boat out on the water!

Thanks again everyone.
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       10-29-2010, 7:05 PM Reply   
I think the 1900 pounds is correct with everyone in the boat on the regular side. I think the weight was less on the goofy side as lees room under the seats.
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       10-29-2010, 10:40 PM Reply   
the supreme i got to ride behind at polar bear was really nice ...... it seemed so long it was fun to run up and down it ....... i know i love the tall steep wake because of my weight but to be able to get alittle more push in the back and still have that long smooth wake would seem ideal for my range ....... the boat was very surfable for me with 1600lbs in it and i bet another 300 would be super ideal!! i would love to be able to ride long smooth rampy wakes!!

hopefully we can meet up sometime at hogans and hitch a ride ...... christopher's favorite wake at polar bear was the supreme also
Old    surfdad            10-30-2010, 7:13 AM Reply   
You're always welcome to a pull Frank. When we were back in Florida for Nationals and got the chance to ride Drew's V226 back there he had some weight in it. There were a bunch of folks in it. Drew, me, Dennis, James, Shelby, Brian, Judy, Ashley and Norbi and his buddy, PLUS the water ballast. So 8 folks and maybe 1,000 pounds of water? I'd guess that the people weight was around 1,200 pounds or so. I think you'd like that wake. There also seems to be two props that are used. I believe the prop that's preferred is referred to as a "high altitude" prop. Dennis, is that correct? Do you know which prop Grant was running on his V226 up at Polar Bear event on Lake Oroville? Anyway, I know that the Enzo guys have a prop that helps the push at the back of the pocket and I wonder if this holds true with the V226 also?
Old     (islander033)      Join Date: May 2008       10-30-2010, 7:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfdad View Post
... Anyway, I know that the Enzo guys have a prop that helps the push at the back of the pocket....
Which prop is this for the Enzo?

The V226 that I seen at TruNorth Marine in Calgary came stock with the Acme 537.
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       10-30-2010, 7:48 AM Reply   
I believe that both Drew's boat and Grants boat had a "high altitude" prop don't know the make or model.
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       10-30-2010, 8:19 AM Reply   
Congrats, very cool! The new Supreme dealer in Dallas just got his in. I am hoping to get some time to take a look at it. I have heard great things.
Old    surfdad            10-30-2010, 8:41 AM Reply   
@ islander033 - sorry man, I don't. Not that the Enzo DOESn't have push at the back, but the folks from Towanza were telling me that they swapped a prop out and it helped the push at the very back of the pocket. I don;t know anything more than that.

Is it called high altitude or high attitude? I'm guessing it's associated with the nose high environment? Or is it really associated with being up in Denver? Anyway, if that is the case, that Grants boat had that prop Dennish, it didn't improve the push for Frank. I think that I heard that Grant had limited his weight at the Polar bear or was it that he just fired that boat up?

Thanks lakesurfer, and everyone else again. I'm looking forward to riding it that first time.
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-30-2010, 8:57 AM Reply   
A prop for more push in the back?? Are we talking for the surfer or the boat! LMAOROTF!! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahhahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha!
(Spanish translation):
jajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajJAjajajajajaj aja!

Please tell me for the surfer,I'm gonna grab my popcorn
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-30-2010, 9:06 AM Reply   
Different props for different altitudes. My 537 works for surfing and wakeboatding (i dont sac out when I ride) but if I sac my boat out I will not get on plane (wakeboarding). If your struggling to get the boat up to speed with your weight (ballast) you change your prop. (I need to change my prop for yhe 1579) for the record I'm at 4000' ft elevation. If you can't get to speed with your load ,, you have the wrong prop on. I have much better success with my 537 at lower elevations, it's painfull at the higher 6000' elevations

As for more push for the surfer................I'm all ears (popcorn is ready! )

Last edited by duramat; 10-30-2010 at 9:16 AM.
Old    surfdad            10-30-2010, 9:43 AM Reply   
Oh so the high altitude prop is just less pitch! I swapped the prop on my old Tige and there were numbers something like 14x8 or whatever it was. Dennis do you know what prop that "high altitude" is?
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       10-30-2010, 9:54 AM Reply   
The issue with Frank was not lack of push as much as riding into a pretty strong wind. The next day in calm conditions Frank had no problems. The prop issue on the Supreme is with the stock prop it tended to wash out the top of the goofy wake. The different prop (high altitude) threw less water up and more out and therefore no froth on top of the goofy wake.
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-30-2010, 10:31 AM Reply   
I'm not dissing on that idea of a cleaner wave, your saying that with a better prop you can get a cleaner wave? (not so washed out)

I'd love to try that myself with the better prop I want/need.

Wouldn't that just be comical that all this time certain people have been judging piss poor waves and pictures of waves cause they looked washed out when all it came down to was not the boat but the prop!!! LMAOROTF!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I'm sorry, I'm finding humor in all if this! My gut hurts! Thats some funny stuff bro, i dont care who you are!! Dang I wish my season hadn't ended!
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       10-30-2010, 10:39 AM Reply   
I don't subscribe to the "fact" that a prop can help with push. I have seen how a prop can create less wash in the wake. There is a difference between a clean face with some prop wash on the top and wake that is not clean and very washed out in the top third of the wake.
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       10-30-2010, 11:19 AM Reply   
That 330hp Scorpion engine definitely needs a to be re-propped (if it does not have high altitude prop) if you are going to surf. We have the same engine in my Avy and we are now running a 1643. I would suggest that the Walkers call ACME and tell them what they will be doing with the boat and at what altitude. They will suggest the right prop for them. One prop does not "fit all".

I believe the guys at Towanza are running an ACME 1579 (but I am not positive) on their 2008 Enzo.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-30-2010, 12:03 PM Reply   
On our 24Ve, when we started weighting it with the custom sacs we experienced a lot of cavitation. I called acme, and they recommended the 1235 prop, we had the stock 537, which my RZ2 has now. The 537 is listed as such:

537 13.50 16.00 .105 cup 4 1 1/8" LH
1235 14.50 14.25 .105 cup 4 1 1/8" LH

The first # is the part, 2 is the diameter, and the third is the pitch. I was worried about the lower pitch, losing top end. But he explained to me the prop is also a larger diameter. My 24Ve had a 42MPH top speed with the 537, and 41-42 with the 1235. Maybe it lost 1mph.

Yet, with the new prop, NEVER any more cavitation, and on top of that, acme said the boat will respond better, and be more sporty. He was right, it was a HUGE difference. I had fun just running unweighted and doing hard turns on an empty, glassy lake.

Anyway, ACME steered me right, and I posted about this 1.5 years ago and many Tige Owners followed suit, and I think all or most of them all experienced the same benefit, and no drop in top end.

Whether the new prop grant is using is the 1235, or what, I don't know.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-30-2010, 12:15 PM Reply   
I have an avy and I run the 1579. Nice clean wave an tons of hole shot and power. I lost a lot of my top end but honestly I only surf so I could care less.
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-30-2010, 1:06 PM Reply   
That's my next prop Duff, I'd like the better hole shot. Next years mod! (that and getting some air like you ) The two goals of mine.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-30-2010, 1:21 PM Reply   
If I keep my avy I am gonna sell the 1579 and get the next and most extreme prop acme sells. They just made it.

1619 35M 112M is (13.50X12.75 LEFT 4 BLADE 1.125)- This is their new latest and greatist for 13.5 diameter boats, IE enzo, falcon, avy etc...
Old    surfdad            10-30-2010, 4:02 PM Reply   
@ lakesurfer - Yeah that's the prop that Todd mentioned to me. He was thrilled with it. Does anyone know which prop the V226 comes with stock?

@ Duffy, what's the difference between the 1619 and the 1579?
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-30-2010, 5:04 PM Reply   
1619 is 13.5 X 13.75 .075 cup 1579 is 13.5 X 14.25 .105 cup both left 1 1/8 bore 4 blade per Acme's list.
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       10-30-2010, 5:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
@ lakesurfer - Yeah that's the prop that Todd mentioned to me. He was thrilled with it. Does anyone know which prop the V226 comes with stock?
I bought the 1643 and then took the prop that came with my Avy and had it re-pitched to as close to the 1643 prop as possible. It cost me $120 and now I have a good spare prop just in case I ding my good one. This way I dont loose any time on the lake (just pull the boat out and change the prop in the parking lot).
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       10-30-2010, 5:50 PM Reply   
The stock prop on the V226 is now the 537. All new V226's will come stock with that prop. CMS is working with Acme to see if they can come up with the perfect wakesurf prop for the V226.
Old    surfdad            10-31-2010, 5:32 AM Reply   
Very cool. Dennis, do you know what attributes CMS is asking for in the "perfect wakesurfing prop" for the V226? Currently, it sounds like the migration is from the standard 537 to the 1235, like Robert pointed out above.
Old    surfdad            10-31-2010, 6:37 AM Reply   
@ Frank

This is a vid from back in September when Grant let us demo Karl's V226. We had Me, Dennis and Grant plus Judy in the boat, so that's about 800-900 pounds of people weight and I'm guessing 1,000 pounds of water weight. Dennis do you remember how you set the V226 up that day? It's not super steep/tall like some folks like, but it has this transition that James just loves.

James landed a surface reverse, air 180 and a 720 in this clip.

Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-31-2010, 8:34 AM Reply   
Bill @ Acme turned me on to a 1273(14.5 X 14.25 .150 cup) for my Supreme V212.It's a huge improvement from the 275(13.5 X 17.5 .080 cup) that it came with.
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       10-31-2010, 8:56 AM Reply   
what i remember from polar bear was that the first day the boat had 1200lbs of ballast ..... that wake i could barely stay up with it was like the worlds for me ...... the other 2 big guys in the boat when they got back in the wake they couldnt recover but they could surf it well ..... the next day they added 400lbs and 200 of the lbs was up front ...... i had no problem surfing that wake and i was getting out wide on some bottom truns and having no problem with the wake ...... it was incredible as there seemed to be about another half as long wake to surf on and that was really cool for me to be able to have that much of the wake to go up and back on ...... i know im the exception to all of yous LOL but that was the wake that would have been the most fun to experiment some with ......
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-31-2010, 9:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebrdjay View Post
1619 is 13.5 X 13.75 .075 cup 1579 is 13.5 X 14.25 .105 cup both left 1 1/8 bore 4 blade per Acme's list.

Acme gave me that number and they are changing it. The new 1619 is just more extreme. It should handle weight better. It depends on what diameter prop your boat can handle.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-31-2010, 10:09 AM Reply   
The setup on the polar bear event was 1600 lbs of ballast. Here is my note directly from Grant.

Quote:
Regular side, 1200lb in the back simulating an Enzo sack and 450lb in the front, trim tab at 0 Goofy was the same weight with the trim tab at 75 on Sat. Richard driving at 160lbs and Grant setting in the back at 245lbs.
I then asked him what was the difference from Saturday to Sunday, because Frank told me it worked much better for him. Grant told me that all he did, was move 200lbs from the side of the boat, all the way to the front. So I am guessing that originally he had 1200 in the rear (I confirmed this included the stock hard tank, and sac on top of it) then 200 midship surf side, then 250 in the bag up front. On Sunday, he moved the 200 that was midship all the way up front. So both days, Saturday and Sunday was 1600 lbs of ballast.

So the ballast was 2000lbs total, actually 2100+, since I think he also had his daughter Joselyn with him all day, but I may be corrected. Then we had different sized people and groups in and out all day, so it varied. But 2100 is the amount that was always in the boat. The RZ2 and the Enzo were almost identical. RZ2 had 1600 lbs of water, about 1200 in back, 400 all the way up front, 400lb mexican in the rear and RJ driving at 150, so 2150, plus people that varied all day. I know my last run of the day, 2 extra people came on to watch significant others surf, so that load was more than normal. That group was already my biggest, although lighter people. But taking on 2 extra, made that group the heaviest of the day.

The enzo was setup with 1500lbs of water, 500 in Quick Fill system on surf side, 800 in sac in rear corner, and 200lbs mid ship surf side sac, I guess none up front, except when people got up there. 200lb driver or so, and 130?lb daughter.

None of these setups were dictated in any way, we only discussed it needed to be safe, and what each boat would be considered as good "daily" surf wake weights that a buyer could easily do. We were not looking for who could weight there boat to be the most bad *ss. I also made it clear to Grant that if they wanted to add a brick or small sac to compensate for the 400 lb mexican part, that was OK by me. I think that is why grant bought an extra person.

All 3 boats through great wakes with that reasonable amount of weight, and if you look at the video, you see changes through out the day, but it seemed that they all handled the changes in people very well, no boat seemed to be exceptionally "touchy" where more weight up front, or wherever caused a problem. This is a great test, because it shows you can have a weight setup in these boats, and take on and off people and maintain a pretty solid wake.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-31-2010, 5:42 PM Reply   
The official word is this:

The prop used on the Supreme was the 537, same as the stock prop on the RZ2, not sure on the Enzo. The 537 was not the stock prop for the V226, but from the polar bear wakesurf forward, it will be the stock prop.

So the stock prop on the V226 will be the ACME 537.
Old     (bandsecurity)      Join Date: Jul 2008       11-02-2010, 8:17 PM Reply   
What exactly is included in the "surf package"
Old     (BlairJ)      Join Date: Jun 2010       11-03-2010, 6:38 AM Reply   
Again grats on the boat, I love the way that wake looks.

Not to be a debbie downer, but be careful towing with the bimini up. I understand they told you it can be towed up to 55mph, but its hell on the bimini and hardware. At any kind of speed the bimini is basically a parachute and the hardware/straps are only going to take so much.
Old    surfdad            11-03-2010, 12:35 PM Reply   
Thanks for looking out for us Blair. I'll be careful with it, although the idea of the parachute being drug behind the boat sounds kinda cool.

@ Mike, I believe that the wakesurf package, is the graphics, that huge bimini deal and turn downs on the exhaust , but I can tell you the modifications that we are having made to the boat. These mods were mostly the ideas of Dennis and Grant.

The "high altitude prop" which sounds like it is the Acme 537 and will now be standard.

The batteries come from the factory just ahead of the rear compartments - so the connection up under the seats is blocked, so we are having the batteries relocated so that a custom sac will slide right in.

The ballast system from the factory uses the 3/4" line and I think Tsunami 750's(????), we are having that changed to 1250's (???) with a 1" line throughout.

The boat has factory hard tanks and the engine separator wall mounts on top of that. We are having the hard tanks left out and changing that separator so they mount to the floor with extra bracing. Then we will get custom flyhigh's to fill the rear compartment and as far forward as we can.

We were going to have the swimdeck modified, but I believe it's coming from the factory a little different. It will be about 1.5 inches higher and smooth underneath.

James also has some hookup for a gazillion watt stereo that will rupture my eardrums.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-03-2010, 1:52 PM Reply   
Jeff, with my custom sacs instead of replacing the stock pumps I just doubled them. So I have 2-fills and 2- empties for each custom sac. Centurion come with mayfair 1000gph but are very similar to the tsunami 750s. My system fills and drains silently and takes about 8-10 minutes for 1500#. Just food for thought. It was super easy to do and the pumps themselves are cheap. Right around 28 bucks or something.
Old    surfdad            11-03-2010, 3:39 PM Reply   
Sweet! Thanks Duffy. You had them build in two extra ports in the bag? Where about on the bag? Is the inlet from the thru-hull enough to feed the two pumps? I was concerned with more than one pump it would wind up with the downline pump starving. OR do you have separate thru-hulls for each fill pump?
Old    surfdad            11-03-2010, 4:42 PM Reply   
You have the fill on the bottom and empty on top? I can remember talking with the make-a-wake folks years ago and they recommended the fill on top and empty on the bottom for fastest times. Does everyone do it the way that jkw is doing it?
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-03-2010, 5:05 PM Reply   
My stock pumps are the same as the v226 locations. I have the 2 empty pumps on the back bottom of the sac and the two fill hoses to the top. The fill pumps are on the bottom of the transom. The vent location is key. You want it at the high point of the main part of the sac but you have to think about the boat while listing and ass heavy. If not you will get trapped air in the sac. My pumps are on their own inlet. Also I have the empty pumps vent to the opposite side. That way the sacs don't lose water while underway and you don't need valves on anything.
Old    surfdad            11-04-2010, 5:50 AM Reply   
Thanks for all your input Duffy, I just wanted to clarify one thing. You mentioned your empty pumps:

Also I have the empty pumps vent to the opposite side. That way the sacs don't lose water while underway and you don't need valves on anything.

So you just run your lines to the opposite side of the boat and rely on gravity/height to keep the water in the bag? No ball valves or check valves at all?
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       11-04-2010, 7:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Thanks for all your input Duffy, I just wanted to clarify one thing. You mentioned your empty pumps:

Also I have the empty pumps vent to the opposite side. That way the sacs don't lose water while underway and you don't need valves on anything.

So you just run your lines to the opposite side of the boat and rely on gravity/height to keep the water in the bag? No ball valves or check valves at all?
I dont know if he meant the empty lines, but a lot of guys are running their overflow lines to the opposite side. This way you are just using gravity/height to keep the water from emptying when the boat is leaning. It would have the same effect on the empty line as well.
Old    surfdad            11-04-2010, 8:24 AM Reply   
Yeah - makes sense - water not running uphill concept. The Tsunami's aren't positive displacement pumps...I "think" the term for that type of pump is centrifigul and those will leak-thru, but I'd think will slow down a slosh'ing so that you don't lose much water, in this configuration, from rollers and the like. It's a elegantly simple solution.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-04-2010, 8:27 AM Reply   
With these types of pumps they allow water to pass bye. These style have a pump for filling and then a pump screwed directly into the sac to empty. Since these sacs allow water to pass unless you put a valve on the empty and vent lines the sac will lose water while you surf. But if you take an extend the hoses to the opposite side through hulls you get an automatic system that should fill all the way. Each fill, empty and vent line needs a 1-way valve. I prefer brass 3/4 swing check valve from the plumbing supply store. They don't restrict flow and aren't expensive. I know wakemakers has some as well. Again since these pumps allow water to pass if you don't have 1 way valves water would just drain out the fill pump while under way. Also 1-way valves also keep air out of the sac when you empty them and help the sac raisin up when empty. Does any of this make sense?
Old    surfdad            11-04-2010, 9:16 AM Reply   
No, I got confused! The check valve on the fill line prevents back flow once the pump is turned off, that makes sense The check valve on the vent line, installed "backwards" allows venting of air, but not water when it's filled up. What does the check valve do on the empty line? You want it installed so that water flows OUT, doesn't that allow some to slosh out, like when rollers go by and the boat sort of rocks back and forth?
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-04-2010, 9:20 AM Reply   
On the vent and empty lines the check valves just stop air from entering the sac when you empty it. The vent line should be how you tell the sac is full. Once water comes out that you should be full. So install the check valves on both the empty and vents so that water can pass but keeps air from coming back in. Keeping air out helps the sacs fill better and helps it fully empty. That's all they do on the vent and empty lines.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-04-2010, 10:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakesurfer View Post
I dont know if he meant the empty lines, but a lot of guys are running their overflow lines to the opposite side. This way you are just using gravity/height to keep the water from emptying when the boat is leaning. It would have the same effect on the empty line as well.
That's a good idea, I know for me, I experimented with check valves. I had 3 types, the flap type of check valve was best everywhere but the vent. The flap type took ZERO effort to open/flow and so didn't hinder at all. I put a tighter spring type on vent, and that prevented leakage, since it took a bit of work to flow.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-04-2010, 10:32 AM Reply   
Spring check valves slow the pumps down. Venting to the opposite side is the best way we have found so far. Electric ball valves would also work well, but they are more expensive then a little extra hose
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-04-2010, 10:35 AM Reply   
Y, that makes sense. I just didn't think of putting the vents up higher, by going to the high side. I didn't notice the pumps slow down when I check valved the vent lines, though. Either way, good idea.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-04-2010, 10:41 AM Reply   
Yeah think of the sac while listing and ass heavy and put the vent at the highest point. That way the sac fills all the way
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       11-10-2010, 8:05 PM Reply   
A couple of pictures of the boat from last week. Grant at California Marine Sports has pulled some favors and it looks like the boat will be in Jeff's hands 3 weeks or so early. Maybe by the end of next week.
Attached Images

Old    surfdad            11-10-2010, 8:14 PM Reply   
Is that my boat?! Sweet!
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       11-10-2010, 8:17 PM Reply   
That is. It's moving right along. Trailers there. Engine is in now as well.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-10-2010, 10:47 PM Reply   
pretty cool.
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       11-11-2010, 4:42 AM Reply   
More surprises to come! The process goes fast from here. Can't wait to see the finished wave machine!
Old    surfdad            11-11-2010, 6:42 AM Reply   
It's cool to watch it being built. In that second picture where you can see the cut out in the carpeting there looks to be some type of metal that's been ground down. Is it? and WHAT is that?
Old     (nelems)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-12-2010, 5:15 AM Reply   
Hi Jeff,
Congrats on the new boat! I think that is a great looking design. How many hrs did you put on the Tige?
Karen
Old    surfdad            11-12-2010, 8:39 AM Reply   
Thanks Karen! I'm looking forward to taking it out the first time.

We had to repower the old Tige, and I am going my memory here, I have all the records at home...but I believe the engine has around 600+ hours and the boat in total has around 2,400. We've had it for 8 years!
Old     (bigcatpt)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-12-2010, 12:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Thanks Karen! I'm looking forward to taking it out the first time.

We had to repower the old Tige, and I am going my memory here, I have all the records at home...but I believe the engine has around 600+ hours and the boat in total has around 2,400. We've had it for 8 years!
so your saying you got like 1800 hrs out of your first motor???? WOW!!!!!
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-12-2010, 12:43 PM Reply   
Wakeboard schools in my area put 1k plus a summer on their boats and sell them after 3 years. I think hours is one of those boat myths
Old    surfdad            11-12-2010, 2:42 PM Reply   
@ bigcatpt, yeah I think so, but again, I'm going from memory and I could be way off! I think we normally put about 300-350 hours a year on the boat, so that would be about right.

@ duffy, back in my wakeboard days I remember talking with an instructor that said they sold their boats after 3,200 hours, although I don't know after how many year...so that's comparable to what your folks are doing.
Old    surfdad            11-16-2010, 5:55 AM Reply   
James and Dennis went down to Lake Baryessa and rode with Grant from Cal Marine Sports to ride his V226. Dennis sent me this video of "questionable quality, but check Dennis landing 2 360's! One on his TWP and one on the FB. James hits a nice stalled air reverse, 720, ALMOST the air 180 in to a switch backside 540 out (that's my new favorite trick), surface reverse and some 3's.

Last edited by surfdad; 11-16-2010 at 5:58 AM. Reason: Giving credit where credit is due
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-18-2010, 5:43 AM Reply   
So I see Supreme is the newest addition to be spammed like crazy this season.

Wakeworld= the Walker's personal propaganda tool

Last edited by caskimmer; 11-18-2010 at 5:47 AM.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-18-2010, 8:48 AM Reply   
hmmm... one thread equals spam. I'm going to have to update my filters.
As an owner of a different deep-V wake boat I find it interesting. (Not that I'm likely to change up what I own).
I follow a thread like this more closely than one on a video or a diesel truck.. I'll be interested to see a shot of it on the water. I've got heavy snow up here so I'm glad I get to see the riding.
Old     (F725)      Join Date: May 2010       11-18-2010, 12:42 PM Reply   
If I find a thread that I don't want to read, guess what I do...

I DON'T READ IT.

I find wakesurf boat discussions interesting and if they're backing them up with pic's and video, that's even better.
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       11-18-2010, 5:29 PM Reply   
Here is the completed boat and a picture of the new dash.
Attached Images

Old    surfdad            11-18-2010, 6:37 PM Reply   
Is that our new boat! Vey nice, thanks for posting the pictures, BK. My cell connection with Grant was pretty bad, I'm still not sure what the difference in the two dashes are. I "think" Grant said that the "S" in the artist rendition of the graphics didn't translate too well into real life gel coat. I like that look just fine. Thanks again for posting the pictures.
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-18-2010, 7:51 PM Reply   
nice boat...
Old     (StanleyWheelhouse)      Join Date: May 2010       11-18-2010, 8:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by caskimmer View Post
So I see Supreme is the newest addition to be spammed like crazy this season.

Wakeworld= the Walker's personal propaganda tool
WHAT?????

Please further explain your challenge. A guy is getting a new boat and is excited about it and you call it propaganda?

What are we supposed to post here?

PS Nice boat. Please hire a Full Time Plastic Surgeon because James is going to Shred His Face Off behind that rig FA SHOW!

Last edited by StanleyWheelhouse; 11-18-2010 at 8:52 PM. Reason: change