Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (crispywake)      Join Date: Jun 2013       06-23-2013, 10:58 PM Reply   
I just purchased a 2010 Malibu vRide. I'm looking to purchase my first wakesurf board. I have wakesurfed once in my life, but got up on the first try and was able to ditch the rope, and loved it. I am 6'2" and 210 lbs.

I want something I can progress my skills on and not outgrow instantly. Something I can ride, surf, learn to do spins, air, tricks, etc with. I don't know if I should get a skim or surf style. Is there a best of both worlds I could achieve by adding/removing fins? Any suggestions?

I don't want to go out and spend $600++ on the wrong thing. I can't remember what I originally surfed on. Also want something that will be a good boat board to keep around, then I'll probably specialize into some nicer boards once I have a better feel for things.

Thanks for any input!
Old     (petrie141)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-24-2013, 5:14 AM Reply   
At 6'2" 200#, Im basically in the same boat (no pun intended). I just ordered an inland surfer Tako. It's less expensive due to being a compression-molded board, but it has tri-fin, dual fin, and single fin configuration options, so it can be ridden surf or skim style. Best of all, it's affordable. I'll never become a pro, so there's no reason for me to run out and spend $600+ on a board that was hand finished, dipped in gold, wrapped in carbon fiber, and kissed by a leprechaun. Coming from a wakeskate background, I'm going to be riding it skim-style (there's something shout a shoveit that I really like). I ordered it from boardco for $299 4 days ago, but the price just went back to $349. Mine arrives on Tuesday and ill be riding it Wednesday. If youre interested, I could make a quick vid of me riding it if you want to see it in action. I'm new to surfing though, so it won't be too impressive.

http://www.evo.com/wake-surfboards/i...board-2013.jpg

Old     (tmill)      Join Date: May 2011       06-24-2013, 6:43 AM Reply   
take a look at the triple X nitro. It is an epoxy board that is not compression molded. It will be a great board for beginner t intermediate riders.
Old     (Squid)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-26-2013, 9:39 AM Reply   
why get an off the shelf model when you can have a board made for you? you then have to conform to its ability and surf its way....We can build a board for you that fits your needs and wont grow out of.....

Email me and lets talk....don't waist $ on something that will dictate how to ride...

squidswake@gmail.com