Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old    rodeo9            05-23-2004, 1:51 PM Reply   
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has any personal experiance with any of these '04 hyperlite boards. I rode the premier 140 last year, broke it in half on a slider and I'm looking for a new ride now. Any suggestions???
Thanks.
Old     (flashalexb)      Join Date: May 2004       05-23-2004, 9:35 PM Reply   
I personally really like the Premier. That sux that you broke ur board.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-24-2004, 5:09 PM Reply   
I have the TFD 136 DNA. I love it.

SFH
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-24-2004, 5:59 PM Reply   
TFD 136 (wish it was DNA). I LOVE it.

PRB
Old     (blackhash)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-26-2004, 10:44 AM Reply   
i ride a subjekt right now but every time i get on a TFD i absolutly love it...so i would say TFD but make sure you change the fins from 1.1 to .7
Old     (ccubillo)      Join Date: May 2003       05-26-2004, 8:54 PM Reply   
I just got a TFD and it rocks! Havent tried the premier though and I hear a lot of good things about it. One thing appealing about the premier is the optional center fin. Demo them both if you can.

(Message edited by ccubillo on May 26, 2004)
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-26-2004, 9:09 PM Reply   
While you're at it, demo another brand.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-27-2004, 10:05 AM Reply   
Yea 'Kevin(blackhash)' brings a very very good point. Do not get the TFD unless your going to change the stock 1.1 inch fins for the 0.7 inch fins. Beginner or not, this MUST be done in order for this board to perform flawlessly.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-27-2004, 12:11 PM Reply   
Silly question, but why do you have to switch out the fins? I got a tfd this season and am riding on the stock fins with no problems. What does switching to the smaller fins do to the boards performance?
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-27-2004, 12:33 PM Reply   
Well you don't know what you don't know.... switch the fins NOW you wont be dissapointed! The smaller fins will keep the same stable locked in ride with the ability to cut as hard as you can and still stay locked in. But,.... the .7's will free up the extreamly uptight feeling the 1.1 or 1.3's give and (with the big rocker) allow you to play around until your hearts delight, it also allows you to save those landings by reverting when you might otherwise just crash. The smaller fins give you the easy in neautral riding that a Liquid Force Subjekt gives you without having to think about what your doing while cutting to avoid falling over.
Old     (chrissocal)      Join Date: Dec 2001       05-27-2004, 12:40 PM Reply   
My 02 byerly has a 1.2" fin......what have you guys been changing it to?
Old     (blackhash)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-28-2004, 3:54 PM Reply   
.07 fins. A must for the TFD I actually just got a couple of riders for hyperlite to switch to the .07 fins.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-01-2004, 11:41 AM Reply   
"TFD 136 (wish it was DNA). I LOVE it.

PRB"

Actually, be glad that it's not. I ended up breaking my board this weekend. Came down on the wake, didn't even case it at all the thing just fell apart underneath me. My right binding disconnected from the board and I thought I just lost the binding screws. Upon further investigation, the settings from within the board ripped out and were still attached to my binding screws in my binding.

After talking with people from the pro shop, apparantly the DNA boards aren't as strong as the biolite boards. Why they're more expensive then is beyond me.

SFH
Old     (lakeday)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-01-2004, 12:16 PM Reply   
i took my new parks out for the third time this year....and i love it. the first trip i questioned my new purchase, the second trip it was coming around, now i wouldn't trade it for any other.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-01-2004, 7:49 PM Reply   
Stanfield.......... That really sucks man sorry to hear about it. Hope the fact that the DNA is crap doesnt make you choose a different board, it's a great board!
Old    bross            06-02-2004, 9:58 AM Reply   
Is the TFD a good beginner friendly board?
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-02-2004, 11:05 AM Reply   
Someone, I read, is using it at their school to teach on. I'd say yes except its really fast, but then again so are most continuous rocker beginner boards.