Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    alanp            04-26-2010, 8:50 PM Reply   
just starting insanity. finished p90x about 3 weeks ago. my plan for the next 60 days is to follow insanity and do p90x lifting on mon weds friday(just as i would starting p90x) . during my last p90x cycle i also did cardio 6x a week in addition to the p90x routines. im essentially just replacing my own cardio with the insanity workout. i did the fit test today.

SWITCH KICKS 126
POWER JACKS 69
POWER KNEES 109
POWER JUMPS 69
GLOBE JUMPS 12
SUICIDE JUMPS 19
PUSH-UP JACKS 40
LOW PLANK OBLIQUE 75
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-27-2010, 9:49 AM Reply   
Let us know how that insanity works out. We have the P90X and it is very hard right now. Thinking the Insanity might be a little less stress than the P90X.
Old     (load)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-27-2010, 11:08 AM Reply   
Alan, look forward to seeing how you like it. I think the phase 2 of insanity on top of the X will be extremely tough!! 1 hour workouts. I did my fit test 5 this AM followed by Max Plyo, 1400 calories and it was very tough.

David, IMO Insanity is harder than P90X. I have done multiple rounds of P90X and I am 1.5 more weeks on Insanity. Planning to mix the 2 for 2 weeks when done and then, do straight P90X for a round, substituting Insanity workouts for Kenpo.
Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-27-2010, 11:20 AM Reply   
Timely thread. I searched for the old Insanity threads last week and determined the informercial made it look more fun than it really is. Of course, that is what marketing is supposed to do. Make it look fun so you and I will buy it. Oh well, I have decided to go ahead and pick and choose my P90X sessions I like and mix it in with my running and biking. Anybody else do that? I'm usually an all or nothing kind of person, but I'm just hurting myself. It's better to do some of the "right" thing than make excuses and do none of it.
Old     (load)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-27-2010, 12:25 PM Reply   
Don't get me wrong, I have and do still enjoy Insanity. It was good timing for me to mix it up and really havn't lifted a dumbell in almost two months. They are just two very different programs. I think my results have been good, as ussual they could have been better with better nutrition LOL.

Akadirtbikingdad, I think you program should work fine, and I agree anything is better than nothing, and if you overload than it's easy to quit or back off.
Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-27-2010, 7:10 PM Reply   
Thanks Doug. I have to confess that I came to that conclusion after speaking to a part time trainer (did it to put him through college) at work. He said that there are simply too many pull ups in P90X and he hated the ab sessions! Made me feel a bit better when he suggested picking and choosing and that he, who is in great shape, said those things.
Old     (kylek306)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-28-2010, 6:33 PM Reply   
i found insanity much harder than p90x. Good luck though Alan. Just keep fueling your body enough and it isn't too bad! Those days you don't eat right make workouts alot harder. You're obviously in pretty good shape though from your first fit test
Old    alanp            04-28-2010, 7:16 PM Reply   
so far so fun. enjoying these workouts. insanity plyo is much more difficult than p90x imo.
Old     (calexan)      Join Date: Dec 2008       04-29-2010, 8:53 AM Reply   
Is it bad that im sweating after the "warm up" hahahaha
Old     (load)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-29-2010, 9:15 AM Reply   
Too funny! the warmups are no joke!! Crazy too when you burn through 400+ calories in the recovery workout.

Can't wait to get back to the X and have it easy LOL
Old     (dstockton)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-29-2010, 2:24 PM Reply   
I'm 49 years old and started running in december. I've gone from 205 to 178, but I am getting a little bored with running. My question is p90x or insanity? I want the toughest and was leaning toward insanity.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-29-2010, 5:50 PM Reply   
I am starting my mixed round Monday. I am really looking forward to it! I just spent 3 weeks in the gym.

Dan, I sent you an email. I am a bigger fan of P90X. I feel that way mostly because of the lack of resistance workouts in Insanity. Morphing the two is the ideal scenario!
Old    alanp            04-29-2010, 6:45 PM Reply   
if i were going to pick one i would pick insanity if i wanted a cardio based program and wanted to lose weight. i would pick p90x to gain some muscle and strength which also has cardio but less than insanity.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       04-30-2010, 6:13 AM Reply   
For insanity, make sure you have very good shoes. It's really high impact.
Old     (load)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-30-2010, 8:06 AM Reply   
Dan--I agree with Cliff, Alan and Adam on the above. They are both Great! programs just different. In the long run for me it will be great to have both so they can be mixed.
Old     (dstockton)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-30-2010, 6:03 PM Reply   
Maybe I'll get both. I just didn't want to if they were to similiar. My cardio is doing pretty good, I run 5 times a week and every sunday I run 12 to15 miles. My goal is to do my first marathon by the time I'm 50, so maybe p90x is first just to shake it up.