Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2009

Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-16-2009, 5:31 PM Reply   
Man, I'm pooped, so this'll be short.....

Just rolled back in from a week on a houseboat with a big part of the C-dub team. They were up at lake Oroville working on the 2010 catalogue.

Let me just start off by congratulating them on their sensational new line. I had a pretty solid idea of some of the stuff that was coming, but it's bettr than I expected. To say that it looks like it's coming from a different company would be an understatement. We were like kids in a candy store when we unpacked the new gear on Sunday. There are a couple of boards that are absolutely revolutionary. Different from anything out there right now. I've gotta say.... I'm counting the days till I can get my hands on the new Faction board and bindings. Super light, really fast, poppy and great looking. I would've snuck it away from Robby Carter if I could have. He, he, he.

Check out the pics in the new Alliance of the new Hansen boot. It gives something of an idea of what they're doing. The new construction has resulted in the lightest binding around. 1lb 13oz is rediculously light. Along with their new alternative core It's a super light package. Like mid 7, low 8lb range for a board/binding setup.

That, and for those looking for a flex board.... Gabe Lucas' new ride is very cool. Probably will look very familiar to the company/slingshot guys. The construction is much like theirs. He's killing it on that thing, too. Just enough flex to make presses look great, but still a solid "wake" booard. Congrats to Gabe for finally getting his own signature gig.

And for those that are waiting on a wake 1080. B-Hutton is super close. He's just killing it right now. Super rock solid riding. I was hoping we'd see the 10 go down. He's pretty close, though. I'd say he's got as good of chance as any to get it done.

Again... Congrats to the CWB team. Great riding, guys. And big props to the R&D guys. The new stuff is soo cool. From the Boards/Bindings all the way through the ropes, handles, vests and clothing/hats. Good looking!

I'm thinking people will be really stoked come boat show time. I know I will. Pics will be posted soon. I know we can't show everything, but we'll see if we can't sneak a few things by.

Alright.... I'm on my way back out of town for the weekend. The saga continues. Ha, ha.
Old     (misteve)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-16-2009, 6:11 PM Reply   
WHAT?? 1 lb 13 oz boot? 8 lb set up? Thats effing crazy...

I've got a super light setup (what I thought was), 12.5 lbs, transcend platty and 09 cells, but thats just ridonkulous!
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-16-2009, 6:25 PM Reply   
Evan, I'm sorry that I didn't call you bro. There was NO way I was getting out of work this week. I want in on next year's house boat trip!!

I will have to confirm the weight with the board and boot combo. I've been riding the new "alternative" core Faction for a few weeks now, and it is SICK. And when paired up with the new boots, it is really amazing. I am really looking forward to seeing the entire lineup. C-Dub is coming with a vengence!!
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-16-2009, 11:31 PM Reply   
i know the boys and i can't wait to get our hands on Gabe's new board. i can't wait to get my new stuff!!!
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-17-2009, 9:03 AM Reply   
hey Brandon - get me a demo of Gabe's new board dude!
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-17-2009, 10:41 AM Reply   
SICK....How's the new Marius?
did they do much to the Transcend?
So getting a new board next year!
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-17-2009, 11:07 AM Reply   
Sadly I don't have Gabe's board, but I have a version or two of the Faction. You'll see'em if you roll up this weekend.
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-17-2009, 1:05 PM Reply   
I believe Tony is riding Gabes new board. He has been for about 6 weeks. He went from the Transcend to this board and has not looked back. Same board for 6 weeks is very impressive for Tony.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-18-2009, 7:44 AM Reply   
Darin, the Transcend and Marius were both facelifted last year. They'll stay essentially the same aside from graphics. The new Faction board, Gabe's flex board and the new alternative core board are the standouts. That, and the bindings. Every binding in the line has undergone a full reworking. The new life jackets are really nice, too.
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-18-2009, 8:02 AM Reply   
Nice, I can handle that. Hopefully I can find gabe's board somewhere locally to demo next year
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-18-2009, 12:24 PM Reply   
Did they have the wake gloves there for you to try out? I am psyched for the new Faction. I rode that board most of last year and it was already a great board.
Old     (all_board_rider)      Join Date: May 2009       07-18-2009, 2:06 PM Reply   
stephen^^^if you were stoked on the faction last year...just wait dude...i just saw the whole faction set up, (boots, vest, board..) and it is LEGIT! PM me and ill send you a few teaser pics
Old     (shellyrn)      Join Date: May 2006       07-19-2009, 7:07 AM Reply   
So what about the girls boards? Anything new there?
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-19-2009, 10:02 AM Reply   
I have to second everything Evan said! We had a great week on the lake with the C-Dub guys. The 2010 line is SO sick!!

I got to ride Gabes board The Vibe. This is the a new flex board for C-Dub, and man did they get it right! I have been on a slingshot a time or to, and just could not figure the thing out. Gabe's board is the best of both worlds! Tons of pop, and enough flex to have a lot of fun with!! Cable riders, and rail riders will love this board!

So I finaly got a chance to sit down and go threw some of the pics I took. Most of them are of our crew ridin, and enjoying the lake. I did get some shots of the guys doin work, but most of the time they were riding I just wanted to watch.

The Boys Chillin watchin D-ups
Upload
B.C.
Upload
Evan
Upload
Upload
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-19-2009, 10:05 AM Reply   
Evan testin the 2010 Faction
Upload
Upload
Shon G
Upload
CM testin Gabe's board
Upload
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-19-2009, 10:07 AM Reply   
Billy
Upload
Upload
Upload
Grabin the 2010 Faction
Upload
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-19-2009, 10:09 AM Reply   
B Hutt
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-19-2009, 10:14 AM Reply   
Chase Crew
Upload
Gabe hittin D-ups
Upload
Upload
Home for the week
Upload
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-19-2009, 10:29 AM Reply   
Matt, Evan spending some time together.
Upload

All in all we had such a great week! I also want to say the the part of the CWB team that was there this week(B-Hutt, Trevor, Robby, and Gabe)are 4 of the best guys I have had a chance to spend a week with! They all showed Lake Oroville how its done, and I must say we held it down for the CWB NorCal Faction Team as well!
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       07-19-2009, 10:33 AM Reply   
Sick, what is the board 6 pic's up?
Well 7 pics up now, hahaha.

(Message edited by innov8 on July 19, 2009)
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-19-2009, 11:01 AM Reply   
Thats the DB9. Its CWB's New alternative core board. Its based on the Faction shape.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       07-19-2009, 11:12 AM Reply   
Thanks Shon, looks sick.

We should sell quite a few of Gabe's new board.

The Official Board of WakeSportRanch
"CWB Board Co."
Old     (hypoxic_films)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-19-2009, 10:07 PM Reply   
Evan,

Just wanted to say Thank You again for helping me with my boat. Youre a trip saver :-)

Everyone was great
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-20-2009, 10:11 AM Reply   
Not a problem, Danny. Any time. Thanks for letting us borrow it on wednesday night. I'm pretty sure it was a trip maker for Robby that night. Ha, ha, ha.... I'll be waiting to see some footage. Hopefully you guys got some good stuff.

Shon, thanks again for putting us up. I had a blast. Not a bad way to spend a week away from work.