Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-04-2015, 5:33 PM Reply   
I couldn't believe that they picked that flag up either. But a game changer? letting Suh even make the flight was the game changer. Absurd

now...Seattle needs to lose and Dallas needs to beat Green Bay, then, I might spring for NFC champ tickets in Dallas/Arlington!!!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-04-2015, 5:49 PM Reply   
Surprised Robert hasn't posted yet. He's probably still hyperventilating.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-04-2015, 6:53 PM Reply   
Yeah that PI call was lame. They didn't even explain why they picked it up even after they announced the call. Pretty significant penalty to not have had an explanation for, considering it completely changed the outcome of the game.

The Cowboys are stupid. What makes them Americas team anyway?

Good luck in Green Bay, cause you're gonna need it.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-04-2015, 7:27 PM Reply   
If you guys got a look from the receivers perspective you would see he's grabbing the defenders facemask. It's hard to turn your head around when someone's grabbing your facemask. No excuses Dallas came back in the 4th quarter against a very good defense and won. Romo 1 fumble Stafford 1 interception and 2 fumbles both lost. That's the difference in the game.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-04-2015, 7:56 PM Reply   
Go to nfl.com and watch the video from Pettigrew ' s perspective. You will see him grab and pull Hitchens facemask.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-04-2015, 9:34 PM Reply   
Looks like taking Dean Blandino out on Jerry Jones' party bus last summer really payed off today. Say what you will about how terrible the Cowboys looked against a #6 seed but Jerry really knows who to pay off when it matters.
BTW if there was no DPI call/no call why is Dez Bryant allowed to run out onto the field with his helmet off and yell at the refs? Last I checked that is also a penalty but I guess that doesn't matter in Dallas.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-04-2015, 10:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
Go to nfl.com and watch the video from Pettigrew ' s perspective. You will see him grab and pull Hitchens facemask.

Too bad that face guarding is NOT a penalty in the NFL, only in college.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-05-2015, 5:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbr View Post
Too bad that face guarding is NOT a penalty in the NFL, only in college.
Grasping and pulling the facemask is a penalty in college and the NFL.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-05-2015, 5:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Starsnstripes View Post
Looks like taking Dean Blandino out on Jerry Jones' party bus last summer really payed off today. Say what you will about how terrible the Cowboys looked against a #6 seed but Jerry really knows who to pay off when it matters.
BTW if there was no DPI call/no call why is Dez Bryant allowed to run out onto the field with his helmet off and yell at the refs? Last I checked that is also a penalty but I guess that doesn't matter in Dallas.
If Seattle gets past Carolina then you can really start worrying.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-05-2015, 6:07 AM Reply   
Dallas played tough and came back to win. This is working out just as I had hoped. Seattle should cruise to a win over the true low seed Carolina while Green Bay and Dallas slug it out next week. Then we play the tired winner for the NFC Championship. This is the easiest road to the Super Bowl for the Hawks in my opinion.

Officiating was poor all around, the refrees are having too much call in the games outcome. As much as I hate to admit it the NFL is going to an entertainment model. Reviewable calls or some other form of accountability needs to be in place or it will soon be looked at in the same light as the WWE.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-05-2015, 8:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Grasping and pulling the facemask is a penalty in college and the NFL.
Whoops! I was totally thinking something else when I typed this up. My bad, I stand corrected.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-05-2015, 8:09 AM Reply   
I was committed to rooting for GB for the remainder of the season but, I'm not sure now. I'd also really love to see a Dallas/chickens rematch. On the other hand, I'd also like to see retribution for that HORRIBLE INT/TD call in 2012. Add that together with an entire 2013 season of (PI) cheating allowed, plus Sherman's mouth and I'll be happy to see ANYONE beat the chickens.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-05-2015, 8:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
I was committed to rooting for GB for the remainder of the season but, I'm not sure now. I'd also really love to see a Dallas/chickens rematch. On the other hand, I'd also like to see retribution for that HORRIBLE INT/TD call in 2012. Add that together with an entire 2013 season of (PI) cheating allowed, plus Sherman's mouth and I'll be happy to see ANYONE beat the chickens.
Mark you sound confused and conflicted. All your choices are past and/or present rivals... Get used to it. IMO it will be a while before the 49ers franchise is able rise to greatness again. Whose got it better than us…. HAWKS THAT'S WHO!! Please put on your special edition Krappernick Beats and for the remainder of the post season sing “I’m da man, I’m da man, I’m da man.” It will be good therapy...
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-05-2015, 9:48 AM Reply   
Pettigrew did not pull on his facemask in the two angles I have seen. Its DPI plain and simple but at the end of the day bad calls happen and you have to play through it. Detroit screwed themselves with the punt and the defensive holding calls when Dallas was stopped on the ensuing drive.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-05-2015, 9:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Green Bay already had their chance to "show" the Hawks what they can do and they played even worse than last year. They are becoming another Niners team to Seattle. Lot's of talk about winning but very little in the way of doing it.

I'm praying Dallas has to come back to Seattle. Bobby is going to end up sitting on the sidelines, hating on the Hawks like the Niner fans, like the Rams fans, like the Cardinals fans, like the Denver fans, like the Green Bay fans and so on and so on and so on...
Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       01-05-2015, 10:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
Pettigrew did not pull on his facemask in the two angles I have seen.
Watch the link below...

https://vine.co/v/OdD5hWMBK2q/embed
Attached Images

Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-05-2015, 11:58 AM Reply   
If they saw that then they should have had off setting penalties. An explanation would have been nice.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-05-2015, 1:23 PM Reply   
Pass interference happened long before he grabbed the face mask...
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-05-2015, 1:30 PM Reply   
Still haven't heard an explanation why Dez Bryant is allowed to run onto the field with his helmet after this play?
No matter GB will be rolling the Cowboys up.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       01-05-2015, 1:36 PM Reply   
VP of officiating covers the play: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-afterm...ideos_blandino

Of course he's covering for his refs a bit, but he said two things that stand out:

1 - Defensive holding was clear and should have been called
2 - The unsportsmanlike conduct call is not automatic, it's at ref's discretion, but he would have supported it being called.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-05-2015, 2:51 PM Reply   
watch the play from the beginning. pettigrew makes contact long before hitchens does on the way down field. its a crap call all the way around. same thing can be said for the cardinals/panthers game, but no one here cares about either of those teams so its not being discussed. officiating crews will be making mistakes long after we are all gone. nothing changes. unless they go to a review of every single play, its always gonna be this way.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-05-2015, 3:09 PM Reply   
There were several calls that were bad against Dallas.Dallas didn't complain but played through them. The difference in the game was Dallas played to win. Went for it twice on 4th down and converted both. Detroit played to protect the lead. Didn't go for it on 4th and 1. They had converted 11 4th down tries during the season. Bottom line No Balls = No Win.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-05-2015, 3:12 PM Reply   
Dallas held Detroit to 3 points the whole second half. Dallas scored 17 points the second half. That equals a team with resolve. A team Seattle doesn't want to face. If Seattle makes it past Carolina.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-05-2015, 3:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Dallas held Detroit to 3 points the whole second half. Dallas scored 17 points the second half. That equals a team with resolve. A team Seattle doesn't want to face. If Seattle makes it past Carolina.
Win's a win but you beat the #6 seed at home by 4 points after some very questionable calls. Not exactly instilling fear....

Hope to see you in 2 weeks.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-05-2015, 3:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
There were several calls that were bad against Dallas.Dallas didn't complain but played through them. The difference in the game was Dallas played to win. Went for it twice on 4th down and converted both. Detroit played to protect the lead. Didn't go for it on 4th and 1. They had converted 11 4th down tries during the season. Bottom line No Balls = No Win.
I have to agree with you on that one. Bad calls all around, first half seemed to go against Dallas. Second half the calls went for Dallas, way for Dallas. Detroit pussed out on the 4th & 1. Hope they fired the punter. My kids soccer team has better kickers.

Romo doubled his playoff wins too. Hope you get past Green Bay.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-05-2015, 4:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattle View Post
Pass interference happened long before he grabbed the face mask...
You obviously didn't watch the video of the play. The first thing that happened was a slight jersey tug. Then at almost the same second the ball was released the facemask was tugged by Pettigrew. Then Hitchens left hand made slight contact with Pettigrew. Hitchens then raised both arms as Pettigrew grabbed the back of Hitchens helmet with his left hand . There was no impedance by Hitchens to Pettigrew coming back for the ball. I agree with the holding because of the jersey tug. But after that point it should have been offsetting penalties. What's most hilarious is Detroit didn't have the balls to go for it on 4th and one. What makes you think they would have scored? Okay there was well over 8 minutes left at that point.Detroit had at least 4 possessions after their FG in the second half. They scored 0 times. Get ready for your worst nightmare if you make it past Carolina.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-05-2015, 5:26 PM Reply   
Umm, you have to make it past Aaron Rodgers and GB Packers in Green Bay. Rodgers has been magical there all year. I don't see Romo tripling his playoff wins this year pal. That said I hope he does so we can exact revenge for Russells second ever loss at home.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-05-2015, 5:47 PM Reply   
Seattle 11 point favorites
Patriots 7.5 point favorites
Packers 6.5 point favorites
Denver 7 point favorites
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-05-2015, 7:39 PM Reply   
Three's the charm. Get ready for it Russell Wilson. Three home losses.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-05-2015, 9:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabledog View Post
mark you sound confused and conflicted. All your choices are past and/or present rivals... Get used to it. Imo it will be a while before the 49ers franchise is able rise to greatness again. Whose got it better than us…. Hawks that's who!! Please put on your special edition krappernick beats and for the remainder of the post season sing “i’m da man, i’m da man, i’m da man.” it will be good therapy...
lol!!!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       01-06-2015, 7:41 AM Reply   
I just hope and pray that the dopey 49ers management grabs Josh McDaniels as their next head coach!!
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-06-2015, 12:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Three's the charm. Get ready for it Russell Wilson. Three home losses.
I sure hope he doesn't but you have to admit that's quite a record. 2 home losses in 3 seasons so far. Not too shabby...
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-07-2015, 11:57 AM Reply   
Beat carolina, wah, wah, wa

http://mynorthwest.com/813/2683339/D...-Beat-Carolina
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-07-2015, 5:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeworld View Post
I just hope and pray that the dopey 49ers management grabs Josh McDaniels as their next head coach!!
Oh yeah? Well I hope the Rams hire David Shula for their HC!!!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-07-2015, 6:16 PM Reply   
Dallas sent 10 plays from the Detroit game to the NFL for review. The NFL said they missed or messed up the calls on 7 of them. You don't hear anything about that in the news. The funny thing is not many Detroit fans are complaining about the call. Not nearly as many as the non playoff teams filled with Cowboy haters.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-07-2015, 7:06 PM Reply   
You're right. Not much yappin coming from Detroit. We shouldn't be hearing anything about it from Seattle fans either since they were allowed to commit DPI all last year without the refs calling it.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-07-2015, 7:22 PM Reply   
Get over it Mark, they didn't call them on it because at the time they didn't consider it the same way they do now. Another reason to get over it would be that our secondary is the least penalized in the NFL this year. The so called Seattle rules did absolutely nothing except screw a lot of other teams.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-07-2015, 7:41 PM Reply   
Ha^

Nobody talks about that or the fact that it did nothing to hamper our defense this year.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-07-2015, 9:54 PM Reply   
Sorry. This thread was getting boring and full of minutia. Had to ruffle some feathers. So let's talk about the non-touchdown that Seattle "scored" in 2012 against GB. Oh wait. That's ancient irrelevant history now right?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-07-2015, 9:58 PM Reply   
BTW, no rules have changed with regards to DPI. It's just being enforced now that Seattle has been GIVEN a SB* "win".
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-08-2015, 6:56 AM Reply   
Whiner fans are always the first ones to complain about the officials or pretty much anything else for that matter.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-08-2015, 6:57 AM Reply   
If it's not favorable to Seattle Fans cause. Then it's not allowed. Once Tony Romo comes into Seattle and destroys them again this thread will no longer exist.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-08-2015, 7:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
BTW, no rules have changed with regards to DPI. It's just being enforced now that Seattle has been GIVEN a SB* "win".
Never said they changed the rules, I said they consider them differently this year I.e. emphasize. And again the emphasis did jack squat to slow us down.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-08-2015, 7:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabledog View Post
Whiner fans are always the first ones to complain about the officials or pretty much anything else for that matter.
Of course they are as they follow their now fired head coach. I've never seen a whinier b!txh on the sidelines. Well except Dez Bryant.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-08-2015, 7:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Sorry. This thread was getting boring and full of minutia. Had to ruffle some feathers. So let's talk about the non-touchdown that Seattle "scored" in 2012 against GB. Oh wait. That's ancient irrelevant history now right?
Its about a irrelevant as the 49ers have been this year.
Old     (flackpack)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-08-2015, 9:41 AM Reply   
Lions Fans keep whining about the non-call
Attached Images

Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-08-2015, 10:38 AM Reply   
Playoff Picks:
Ravens at Pats - Brady is not good against the Ravens in the playoffs (3 TDs, 7 INTs). But I'll go Pats in a close one.
Panthers at Hawks - uh, HAWKS!!
Cowboys at Packers - this is going to be a great game. Going to be about 20 degrees at kickoff. I'm taking the Cowboys in this one. GB is 23rd against the run (worst of all the remaining playoff teams). Murray should have a big day.
Colts at Broncos - Upset of the week!! I think Manning is done. Luck officially takes over as the best QB in football.

Enjoy the weekend boys!
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-08-2015, 12:08 PM Reply   
...looking forward to a great football weekend!

Ravens at Patriots: Brady outshines the iceman Flaco. New England wins a close game at home.
Panthers at Seahawks: Wilson delivers with consistency while Cam bumbles. Seattle wins wins decisively at home.
Cowboys at Packers: Rogers blows away Romo in the cold. Green Bay wins a close game at home.
Colts at Bronco: Luck orchestrates a come from behind win. Indianapolis wins a close game on the road.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-08-2015, 12:55 PM Reply   
Y'guys are killin me.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-08-2015, 8:19 PM Reply   
Divisional Round Picks
Saturday@ 1:30 pm
BAL @ NE - Ravens on the road.

Saturday @ 8:15 pm

CAR @ SEA - In a close low scoring game Seattle squeaks one out at home.

Sunday at 1:05 PM

DAL @ GB - COLD WEATHER. No problem for Romo, he grew up in Illinois. Rodgers grew up in California. Cowboys win on the road.

Sunday @4:40 pm

IND @ DEN- Toughest game to pick. I'll take Broncos at home.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-08-2015, 9:12 PM Reply   
Pats
Hawks
Packers
Denver
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-08-2015, 11:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
Never said they changed the rules, I said they consider them differently this year I.e. emphasize. And again the emphasis did jack squat to slow us down.
Consider them differently? What kind of a BS statement is that??? They either enforce them or not. That's why everyone outside of Washington always puts an asterisk next to Seattle's SB* "win". Despite the fact that they clearly kicked the crap out of Denver, the regular season was riddled full of bad no-calls in every single game. And yes, it did slow down Dick Sherman this year. He got owned plenty of times this year by many teams. Heck, even Krapernick owned him 5/5 in the first half of their last meeting.

Last edited by markj; 01-08-2015 at 11:28 PM.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-08-2015, 11:42 PM Reply   
Pats.
Hawks. After two weeks of rest and playing the Panthers, the hawks will be complacent and ripe for plucking by Dallas next week.
Cowgirls
Colts....... Hmm conflicted on this one for sure and I also think Manning is done. Sucks to say that since he was the reason I got back into following the nfl 10 years ago.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-09-2015, 7:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Consider them differently? What kind of a BS statement is that??? They either enforce them or not. That's why everyone outside of Washington always puts an asterisk next to Seattle's SB* "win". Despite the fact that they clearly kicked the crap out of Denver, the regular season was riddled full of bad no-calls in every single game. And yes, it did slow down Dick Sherman this year. He got owned plenty of times this year by many teams. Heck, even Krapernick owned him 5/5 in the first half of their last meeting.
You're so full of crap! Everyone outside of Seattle puts an * next to our SB win? I've never heard the national media once say that. When they talk about Seattle and/or the LOB they revear them. As far as Sherman goes he still proved he's the best corner in the league. No one was targeted less and no one handed opposing QBs a worse rating. Get back to your chardanay buddy, try and keep the tears out of it though you Whiner faithful.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-09-2015, 8:02 AM Reply   
Oh yes and consider them differently or the degree with which they regard them. We're already seeing that change now that the playoffs have started.

Slowed them down you say?
#1 in total yards per game
#1 in passing yards per game
#1 in points allowed per game
#3 in rushing yards per game

I know you're pissed that you guys lost last year and we won but its a new day and you got the changes you so desired...just not the outcome.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-09-2015, 11:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Go home Mark, you're drunk.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-09-2015, 12:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
I think what Hate meant was the existing PI rules would be a “point of emphasis” for 2014. The pundits assumed that Seattle’s suffocating defense would be slowed down by the emphasis on PI and contact after 5 yards. This was not the case. We are however the most penalized team in the league and our opponents are the least penalized. To say the Hawks get away with more is not a statement that can be backed up with facts.

The only asterisk is going to be for the next 5 losing seasons in San Francisco. Oh well, the rivalry was good while it lasted…

Good luck in your coaching search. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i28UEoLXVFQ

Last edited by Cabledog; 01-09-2015 at 12:15 PM. Reason: damn spell check
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-09-2015, 12:20 PM Reply   
Ravens
Hawks
Cowboys
Colts
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-10-2015, 9:16 AM Reply   
Pats
Hawks
Cowboys
Broncos
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-10-2015, 12:58 PM Reply   
Ruffled some hawks feathers? Check. Mission accomplished.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-10-2015, 1:26 PM Reply   
That's not hard to do. Ask Cam, he's getting ready to ruffle some feathers.
Old     (moon)      Join Date: Oct 2008       01-10-2015, 3:56 PM Reply   
Use must mean Cam with a "K" Chancellor that is.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-10-2015, 5:12 PM Reply   
Somewhere in Denver an aging qb just sighed and said "****"...
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-10-2015, 8:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Divisional Round Picks
Saturday@ 1:30 pm
BAL @ NE - Ravens on the road.

Saturday @ 8:15 pm

CAR @ SEA - In a close low scoring game Seattle squeaks one out at home.

Sunday at 1:05 PM

DAL @ GB - COLD WEATHER. No problem for Romo, he grew up in Illinois. Rodgers grew up in California. Cowboys win on the road.

Sunday @4:40 pm

IND @ DEN- Toughest game to pick. I'll take Broncos at home.
Bobby, even when you actually know the Hawks Are gonna win and pick them, you still get everything wrong. Good think we "squeaked" out those 31 points.

Should be a good game in Green Bay tomorrow, someone is going to get their final win of the season.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-10-2015, 9:04 PM Reply   
If you could remove like 3-5 plays, Carolina played one heck of a game. They kept it way closer than I ever thought they could. They all but removed beast mode from the game and made him a non issue.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-10-2015, 9:12 PM Reply   
Relatively speaking, a 7-8-1 team just schooled the Seahawks... Relatively.... They proved that even a bottom feeding team can score more than one TD against them. Tonight's game was way closer than the score showed. Can't wait for next week...
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-10-2015, 9:43 PM Reply   
Mark, are you getting into the wine closet too deep? A 21 point lead in the 4th quarter and the Hawks got schooled? Sherman picks one, drops a second, and a third pick narrowly avoided by the tip of the ball touching the ground early. Wilson 8 for 8 on third down, for three TD's. How's a Niner fan feel watching a mobile quarterback keep plays alive and throwing soft touch passes? Carolina played the run well, kept Lynch in check, but Wilson played his typical smart, methodical game. That game was 3-5 plays from being a 2014 Super Bowl level blowout, actually.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-10-2015, 10:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
...looking forward to a great football weekend!

Ravens at Patriots: Brady outshines the iceman Flaco. New England wins a close game at home.
Panthers at Seahawks: Wilson delivers with consistency while Cam bumbles. Seattle wins wins decisively at home.
Cowboys at Packers: Rogers blows away Romo in the cold. Green Bay wins a close game at home.
Colts at Bronco: Luck orchestrates a come from behind win. Indianapolis wins a close game on the road.
2 for 2 so far.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-10-2015, 10:28 PM Reply   
I should add I respect the Panthers a lot. I wish we could have gotten a rematch with the Steelers in the Super Bowl, but Carolina played well and Cam Newton is a class individual with the media even in a loss. Lynch's act with the press is getting stale. Sweet backpack, though.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-10-2015, 10:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by meathead65 View Post
Mark, are you getting into the wine closet too deep? A 21 point lead in the 4th quarter and the Hawks got schooled? Sherman picks one, drops a second, and a third pick narrowly avoided by the tip of the ball touching the ground early. Wilson 8 for 8 on third down, for three TD's. How's a Niner fan feel watching a mobile quarterback keep plays alive and throwing soft touch passes? Carolina played the run well, kept Lynch in check, but Wilson played his typical smart, methodical game. That game was 3-5 plays from being a 2014 Super Bowl level blowout, actually.
Just say, "no" to crack... The 7-8-1 Panthers suck. No big secret however, they held their own for most of the game though. That's what's amazing. I don't think any team left in the playoffs should be afraid of the hawks. They are absolutely beatable by any of the remaining teams.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-10-2015, 10:44 PM Reply   
I think the fumes from the Tarnish Remover you're using to polish your dusty Lombardi's are making you delirious. Chalk up another dominant win for the best defense in the league.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-10-2015, 11:15 PM Reply   
Before he goes to sleep every night, Chuck Norris checks under his bed to make sure Kam Chancellor isn't going to get him.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-11-2015, 12:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by meathead65 View Post
I should add I respect the Panthers a lot. I wish we could have gotten a rematch with the Steelers in the Super Bowl, but Carolina played well and Cam Newton is a class individual with the media even in a loss. Lynch's act with the press is getting stale. Sweet backpack, though.
What do the Steelers have to do with the Panthers at this point? PUT THE PIPE DOWN!!! Have you been smokin with your RB? Did he "axe" you to hold his back pack for him? How cute...
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-11-2015, 4:20 AM Reply   
A 7-8-1 teams scores 17 points and misses several other opportunities because of poor QB play. You call it defensive domination. What are you smoking?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-11-2015, 4:24 AM Reply   
132 yards rushing that's a dominant defensive performance. 34.03 minutes on the field.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-11-2015, 7:49 AM Reply   
Thanks for worrying about us Bobby. You do know that J Stewart lead the league in rushing over the 5 weeks coming into this game? You do realize that the Carolina D was one of the top D's in the league over the last 5 weeks (they averaged giving up less than 300 total yards and about 10 points a game)? You do know that the TD Carolina scored was late in the 4th qtr after the game was already over?

If giving up 17 points is a bad game for our defense, our run to a repeat is looking good.
Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       01-11-2015, 8:11 AM Reply   
http://m.espn.go.com/general/video?v...95&src=desktop
Old     (moon)      Join Date: Oct 2008       01-11-2015, 8:22 AM Reply   
So fitting that Wilson had a QBR of 149.2, 8 for 8 on 3rd down passes with 3 TD passes. All the haters can eat it!!! When our run game struggled against a tough run defense we went to the air and picked them apart. What makes the Hawks special is that you may be able to stop one aspect of their offense but you'll have a hell of a time stopping both at the same time.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-11-2015, 9:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
Thanks for worrying about us Bobby. You do know that J Stewart lead the league in rushing over the 5 weeks coming into this game? You do realize that the Carolina D was one of the top D's in the league over the last 5 weeks (they averaged giving up less than 300 total yards and about 10 points a game)? You do know that the TD Carolina scored was late in the 4th qtr after the game was already over?

If giving up 17 points is a bad game for our defense, our run to a repeat is looking good.
Always excuses. We wouldn't expect anything less.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-11-2015, 10:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
What do the Steelers have to do with the Panthers at this point? PUT THE PIPE DOWN!!! Have you been smokin with your RB? Did he "axe" you to hold his back pack for him? How cute...
Sorry, little deep in the wild turkey last night. In the clarity of the morning, however, the Hawks still are the best team in the league, your Niners still suck and will suck for the next few years with your mouth breathing flat bill tailback who thinks he's a QB, and both Romo and Rogers just pee'd in their pants a little knowing they might end up in Seattle next week.