Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 18, 2008

Old     (mattkelley02gt)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-06-2007, 10:17 AM Reply   
OK guys so i'm thinking of getting either of these boards as a second board to mess around on, i already have a 06 ab plat 141 that i ride on, but i want a board to hit sliders and maybe a smaller board to try different tricks on first. Which board out of the three in the title do you guys prefer and why.
Old     (robertr720)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-06-2007, 10:55 AM Reply   
if you are going to use the board on sliders then my choice would be something that is not a platty, or a dna. Both of those boards will get destroyed on sliders in no time at all. I think out of the 3 that you listed that the 3ds would be the best but if you take off the fins then the board will be very loose and may make it difficult to use for just ridding.
Just currious how come you would like a shorter board to try new tricks?
If you can find an 06 or 07 premier to use on the sliders that would be ideal, those boards can take a beating with or without the jib ribs on there.
Old     (mattkelley02gt)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-06-2007, 3:51 PM Reply   
OK well if i wasn't going to use it on sliders, what would be the best board for jsut all around messing around. And i want a smaller board to practice my spins and inverts on before i try them on my 141 ab plat...i just heard its easier to learn on a smaller board if you can't land it.
Old     (robertr720)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-06-2007, 4:01 PM Reply   
I've never heard that take on it before but if you ride a absolute platty then it would be logical to just get the smaller version of your board and try the new tricks on that. I can see how it might help you to get around faster but think that actually sticking most tricks would be easier on a larger board. You must know that by going smaller that you will sacrifice some pop and make landings a little bit harder on yourself. I don't know how much you weigh but this is just assuming that you are right for the 141. If you went with the 3ds you would totally change the ride that you are experiancing and then may have a hard time translating your new tricks back to your normal shred stick. The premier would be your next best bet. The DNA core is nice and weighs less but is not to durable or at least mine wasn't. I hope that info helps you out a bit.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-06-2007, 4:07 PM Reply   
Matt, sounds likme you should try out the fish. pick up an older 129cm LF Fish. it is for what you described.
Old     (mattkelley02gt)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-07-2007, 1:56 PM Reply   
Ok well since i already have a Absolute Platinum 141, i think i'm going to get the Absolute Platinum 135 because my sister might use it also, but i want to try it out and see if i like a smaller lighter board more, and to see if it suits me better...who knows, i could like it more.