Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-27-2011, 2:27 PM Reply   
So I picked up a rig for the wife a few weeks ago, I just tossed some new shoes on it and I have mixed feelings over it's looks. Part of me thinks that it is the best looking MDX in Minnesota and the other part of me thinks I need bigger tires (more side wall). SO I am requesting my fellow wakeworlders opinions. Before I get to many miles on these rims and tires what do you think, yah or nay?
Attached Images

Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-27-2011, 2:49 PM Reply   
I think it looks kind of funny with those lopro tires. I def. think more sidewall would be better and possibly a wider tire. Those tires look skinnier then the rims almost.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-27-2011, 2:49 PM Reply   
Drop it 2 inches!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-27-2011, 2:50 PM Reply   
Needs more tire fa show, Andy. Not looking right imo.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-27-2011, 2:50 PM Reply   
Brett,

That's what I was thinking. I just ordered the Tires and Rims off Tire Rack and thought they looked SICK until I had them installed today.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-27-2011, 2:51 PM Reply   
whats lame is I am like $1200 deep in the stupid tires!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-27-2011, 2:52 PM Reply   
Doesnt do the 22"s justice~!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-27-2011, 2:54 PM Reply   
one more photo-
Attached Images

Old     (aces6692)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-27-2011, 2:57 PM Reply   
I think it would look sick with a small drop on it! If you don't then I think a little bigger tire just to fill out the wheel well a little bit more.
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       06-27-2011, 3:13 PM Reply   
More sidewall and maybe some spacers to put the wheels closer to the fender lip? You're right, it doesn't look "right" and being in MN, I don't think you want to drop you SUV. Especially after that last winter we had...
Old     (carcrz)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-27-2011, 3:21 PM Reply   
more sidewall or drop it like the others said.
Old     (dahmsy686)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-27-2011, 3:30 PM Reply   
Different tires. Rims are cool. She will hate you in the winter if you drop it. I know my wife would not be happy.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       06-27-2011, 3:34 PM Reply   
what size tire is on there now? Picture of some 22s with Nitto Terra Grapplers in 285/45/22

Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-27-2011, 6:04 PM Reply   
Yeah the tires are selling the rims short for sure. What does the wife think?
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-27-2011, 8:45 PM Reply   
[IMG][/IMG]
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-28-2011, 8:34 AM Reply   
I think the wheels and tires both look terrible.. Hate all of these machined wheels with black paint on them and I think the sidewalls are far too low..

Good thing about cars is your get to personalize them your own way and it doesn't matter what I think. If you dig it, ride on..

LOL @ dropping a new MDX.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-28-2011, 10:29 AM Reply   
def not dropping it. The Tires are 255/35/22, I just ordered a set of 285/45/22 Firestone Destination ST's for the Rig. Not the best looking tire but they were cheap. Hopefully its not a road noise party. I will shoot some pics over when its all set-up. I couldnt return my continentals that I bought on the rims but I was able to sell the immeditaly for only $150 loss, oh well.

My New TL is getting Shoed up today! I will post some pics once she's out of the shop! Went with Black 20's! I already know it will look better than my wifes whip.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-28-2011, 1:08 PM Reply   
So youv'e got a new TL, a new MDX, a low mileage modded NSX and you're looking at a new X-Star?
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-28-2011, 1:20 PM Reply   
Man, I dont know how you guys drop $1200.00 on rubber that needs to replaced after "X" amount of years. I guess I'm a cheap a*s.
Old     (strife)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-28-2011, 1:53 PM Reply   
I agree thicker tires. Sweet ride though.
Old     (strife)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-28-2011, 1:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
So youv'e got a new TL, a new MDX, a low mileage modded NSX and you're looking at a new X-Star?
Right. the next question begs, what the heck do you do for work? I can't imagine a doctor on here asking for the opinions of a few wakeboarders.
Old     (wakeborder5)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-28-2011, 2:04 PM Reply   
I think in the other thread he mentioned that at his work some guy had traded in the NSX that he grabbed...so along with the fact that he has two new Acura's leads me to believe he may work at an Acura dealership
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-28-2011, 2:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by strife View Post
Right. the next question begs, what the heck do you do for work? I can't imagine a doctor on here asking for the opinions of a few wakeboarders.
lol

Andy sells Acuras..

Must be hustlin a GRIP of them!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-28-2011, 3:24 PM Reply   
Knew he had to be in Sales. Doctors Andy's age are still struggling with school loans. Sales is the best way to go 'baller' quick style, unless you have the brains to make C-level exec before 30! lol
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-28-2011, 3:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_mn View Post
I was bitting my tongue a bit when I started posting on here about cars. I knew eventually some one would start questioning me. X-Star is out of the question for the year. I do work as a Sales Manager for an Acura Dealer, this allows me to get some Amazing lease (like acura paying half your lease for you) and purchase opportunities and a company car (which is the my TL). Now the down side to this is working like 50+ hours a week. If it wasnt for early morning sessions at the crack of dawn I would be doing little wakeboarding. The NSX is a car I purchased with my dad, we split the ride. He has always wanted a car to take to the track to have some fun with, I thought that would be fun too so we went in on it together (although some how I got stuck paying the insurance and have to keep in my garge). The opportunity came on this MSX so we jumped on it. Got it for a steal, its not like its even close to new, shiat it's a 1994!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-28-2011, 3:39 PM Reply   
J-Rod,

I dont know if I would call "baller" status. I def spend a lot of time working. I feel fortunate that I am in the postition that I am.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-29-2011, 6:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_nintzel View Post
I was bitting my tongue a bit when I started posting on here about cars. I knew eventually some one would start questioning me. X-Star is out of the question for the year. I do work as a Sales Manager for an Acura Dealer, this allows me to get some Amazing lease (like acura paying half your lease for you) and purchase opportunities and a company car (which is the my TL). Now the down side to this is working like 50+ hours a week. If it wasnt for early morning sessions at the crack of dawn I would be doing little wakeboarding. The NSX is a car I purchased with my dad, we split the ride. He has always wanted a car to take to the track to have some fun with, I thought that would be fun too so we went in on it together (although some how I got stuck paying the insurance and have to keep in my garge). The opportunity came on this MSX so we jumped on it. Got it for a steal, its not like its even close to new, shiat it's a 1994!
No ones hating homie.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-29-2011, 7:19 AM Reply   
No need to explain homme. Glad to see you are doing well.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       06-29-2011, 10:16 AM Reply   
Andy, please post pics of the TL with the new wheels. Picking one up for the wifey next feb when I return her TSX. Been looking at wheels to put on it, but havent seen any on the car itself yet.
thanks
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-29-2011, 10:51 AM Reply   
Here are the rims I did on my TL, its a 2012 FWD Tech, I wanted two blacked out riders. Honestly I am toying with the idea of having all the chrome on my wifes MDX Blacked out. I went with an Avarus Rim and Michelin All Season HP tire, way better than the stock 17's that come on the FWD TL. Fill the wheel well really well. I will get some better pics tonight in my driveway.

I have some other pics of a TL we did for the movie Thor I can post up too, I did a 20 on it in a silver/chrome rim that looked really hot if your no looking for a color match.
Attached Images

Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       06-29-2011, 11:18 AM Reply   
CLEAN! what size rim & tire you got there. I like the fit.
Ill prob go with the same sizes youve got right there for mine.
Yeah pics of the other TL would be great too.
thanks.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-29-2011, 1:14 PM Reply   
Migs,

Thaks man! I am really digging the 20's on the my TL, I had them put on yesterday and had a lot of people turning heads. I wish I could smoke the windows completely black, but thats a no go in MN. The rims are a 20" Tires are 245/35/20, they ride great! I should mention I put a full body Kit on my TL

The car in these pics is one I did for the Thor Movie, in that Movie they are using all Acuras for the Police cars. Acura is cross promoting the movie, they gave us a budget to build a car just like it, so we built one here for my show floor, even had cop lights in the grill. It was super fun driving it to the MN Premier, we parked it right in front of the theater with the lights running all night. Same size rims and Tires just a totally different look, also did a body kit on this one. The thing sold off the floor in 3 days. I just ordered another set of these rims because they were so well recieved.
Attached Images

Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-29-2011, 1:18 PM Reply   
I've lived in MInnesota for 9 years and I've owned 11 different cars - every single one of them has had 35% tint all around (including front roll ups) and I've NEVER gotten pulled over, much less a ticket..

Tint em up.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-29-2011, 1:19 PM Reply   
Oh and your TL looks WAY better than the chrome'd one.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       06-29-2011, 3:41 PM Reply   
thanks for the specs Andy. Gonna keep that written down for when i pick mine up. Yeah yours kills the THOR one.
Black them out all the way around. Only way I roll here in Cali where theyre super NOT OK. Only 1 ticket in 19 years so far.
Attached Images

Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       06-29-2011, 5:46 PM Reply   
Wheels are really ugly, and pretty ghetto looking as they show how small the brakes are. To stay tasteful always go with as small a wheel as you can fit and clear the brakes. I don't care for how those new age squared off hard edges wheels look, but some people like them. I'll reserve my comments about foreign cars, but they are plenty of more tasteful tire and wheel combinations.
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-30-2011, 9:49 AM Reply   
TL with blacked rims=sweet
TL with chrome rims=nice and not too over the top for chrome
MDX=Atrocious. Completely ghetto. Not sure more rubber will help. The wheel gap and tiny brakes don't help. IMO 20' on the MDX fits it well.