Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (huevo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-26-2010, 8:43 PM Reply   
I remember seeing earlier this year that Aaron Rathy had injured his knee but have seen any updates on it. It appears he has still been competing off and on, but not even placing in the top ten, so one would assume it's due to the injury. Is that the case? Anybody know the latest?
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       07-27-2010, 3:45 AM Reply   
Yeah. Rath is just going through the motions for his sponsors right now. I assume hes waiting to go under after the season is over to rehad this winter.
Old     (otown_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2007       08-16-2010, 4:14 PM Reply   
After last season I was expecting him to sweep everything this year,
Old     (watersun)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-16-2010, 4:57 PM Reply   
www.aaronrathy.com
Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-16-2010, 5:56 PM Reply   
Copied from Rathy's blog:

Time For Surgery…
Posted on 08/14/10, in Blog, by Aaron Rathy

So if you didnt already know, Ive been dealing with a bad knee since about a month before wakegames… The doctors didnt know what was wrong from my MRI so I rode at wakegames hoping it was gonna heal itself. After riding at the contest I knew something wasnt right, so I scheduled an Arthroscopy. They went in that week and while they were cutting out 75% of my meniscus they found that my articulate cartiledge was also torn… My doctor thought it would be alright if I worked the muscle up around my knee because it wasnt torn in a weight bearing area… So I rode the season. Didnt have my best year ever, but had fun travelling with my friends and was stoked to get on a couple podiums, even though my knees been swelling up everytime I ride, and just too painful to ride my best.

Last week I went in for surgery. My doc said everything went smoothly! I have a awesome physical therapist lined up and cant wait to get back on the water! Im gonna take my time rehabbing to make sure Im stronger than ever for next season! Ill keep my site updated on how my recovery is going… Thanks for the support!