Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (kopp210)      Join Date: Jan 2005       10-21-2007, 5:32 PM Reply   
There is always a lot of talk about wakeboarding stealing ideas and moves from other boardsports. I just saw the new Burton book which has a new board and binding mounting system, very similar to wake. The screws mount through on the outsides of the binding. Someday all things will be even.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-21-2007, 5:44 PM Reply   
i dont see whats wrong with other sports borrowing eachother's technology.

i mean, whatever progresses the sports imho
Old     (adam_balon)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-21-2007, 10:24 PM Reply   
burton used a similar mounting system on thier first attempt at baseless bindings in 95. mounted with 4 bolts instead of 2 but...... same none the less.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       10-22-2007, 9:57 AM Reply   
yeah, I think a few baseless bindings mounted like that...being baseless and all. ;)

I think the slider mounting system (I'm assuming you're referring to this?) originated with REV snowboards...they had a parent company and I want to say that it was through that company that the technology was licensed out to wake (the slider system--thruster used to use it, and I want to say gator did as well). I can't remember all of the details anymore, but I read an article about it awhile back.
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-22-2007, 11:35 AM Reply   
someone should ride a slingshot on a mountain and see what happens! haha. base less as in the slingshot style though rite?
Old     (adam_balon)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-22-2007, 9:31 PM Reply   
i think the rev factory went out of business. thats where generation 1 and 2 capitas were made. hence the slider system on those boards. the factory is done now i think and burton was able to muscle the patent.
Old     (eaglejackson)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-22-2007, 10:23 PM Reply   
Forum also built a slider system. Forum got the patent from Rev (I'm pretty sure), and Burton now owns Forum (for sure).
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       10-23-2007, 10:01 AM Reply   
My question is who is going to buy who first.... Wal-Mart buying out Burton, or Burton buying out Wal-Mart

Only time will tell