Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 10, 2005

Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-02-2005, 3:13 PM Reply   
Just curiuos how come moomba boats seem to be cheaper then other wakeboard boats such as malibu, tige, mastercraft....
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-02-2005, 3:49 PM Reply   
Great boat by a great manufcaturer. They are a price point boat and do not have all the fancy creature comforts.... There are a ton of Moomba owners on here so you should get some good feedback. Do some searching as there is a lot on this subject too...
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-02-2005, 4:29 PM Reply   
Moomba is a very "simple" boat. They are made the same way Supra boats are and out of the same materials, use the same Indmar Engines that Supra, MC, and Malibu. Moomba keeps the stock options to a minimum and lets the customer customize their boat to what they want. Moomba doesn't do a lot of stainless features as well. That combined with low overhead, not having to pay pro team riders, and extra stuff like that is what makes Moomba a more affordable boat.
Old    stormrider            05-02-2005, 4:40 PM Reply   
And former Moomba owners on this site, as well!
I had plenty of problems with my boat, etc.
In the end, didn't like the wake. (others like the Moomba wake). Got a SAN now.
Old     (ethomass)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-02-2005, 4:41 PM Reply   
My family has an outback. We choose moomba becuase mainly of price, we have had it for 2 years now no major problems at all. Great Indmar engine, and tons of options to choose from to make the boat fit your price and which options you would like. Therefor not haveing to pay for options you dont think you will use. If it ends up that you would like those options you can get aftermarket products. Very happy with Skiers Choice and Moomba
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-02-2005, 5:44 PM Reply   
Third year Moomba owner and on my second Moomba. I started with the Outback. Very happy with the boat! Then I upgraded to the Moomba XLV. Love Skiers Choice, they are doing some great things over there. Great people too. They are building a great company and the loyal customer base they are building proves it!!!

Like Diggs said, do a search on here. You will find a plethora of threads discussing this topic. Good info in those threads and you will see just how much Moomba owners love their boats. Good luck and glad to see you joining the Skiers Choice Team!

Old     (joesell)      Join Date: Apr 2001       05-02-2005, 7:47 PM Reply   
I got my Mob V new in 01' I had some major issues with the dealer at first, but Rick Tinker went above and beyond to fix everything. Overall I have been very happy with my boat. I love the stock wake, but it only gets better with more weight.
There still isn't another boat out there with all the features for the money. I would, and I have recommended Moomba to my friends. Some of which still bum rides, but a few have gotten Moomba's of their own.

The only problems I've had from the begining are some spider cracks, and the seats.
I know every boat gets some spider cracks but I hate seeing them. I was told at some point that they were covered under warranty, but when I took it in, near the end of the first year, they were denied. I know the hull is warrentied so I'll just wait for them to start leaking and they can fix them then.

The thing that really makes me mad though is the seats. I noticed that they are nicer now, but mine are falling apart at the seams. I don't have one rip or tear, I've used 303 religously, and it's either covered or in the garage.
Within the first year, they had to warrenty most of the seat skins because they were cracking in the corners at the seams. After they were replaced, they lasted an entire season. Now the corners look worse then ever. I contacted Skier's Choice, and they offered to sell me some new skins. I already paid for crappy skins once, I'm not about to do it again. I figure I'll probably get them fixed locally before I sell it someday.

Like I said, overall I'm very happy. I got a great boat I could afford, and I get to be out on the water all the time with my friends.

Good luck with whatever you decide to get, Joe
Old     (joesell)      Join Date: Apr 2001       05-02-2005, 7:52 PM Reply   
Here's a couple of old pic's of the seats. there worse now, but you can see what I mean.
Joe

Old    milo_lite            05-03-2005, 1:05 PM Reply   
Got a friends selling his MOOMBA, 2000 and only 80 Hrs on it.. Its in pretty good shape and runs great. 15000 dls.. Anyone intrested..
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-03-2005, 2:59 PM Reply   
Thanks for the input,
One question though, im trying to convince my parents to buy a boat (wish me luck lol),however they are longtime skiers, and i love to wakeboard and ski. Does this boat have a nice ski wake, and a somewhat decent wakebaord wake with ballest? Thanks for all the info so far..
Eric
Old     (rynron1722)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-04-2005, 6:13 AM Reply   
If you go with the mobius ls, which is a DD then you can possibly be happy either way. Since it is a DD the ski wake will be good not tourney level. You can upgrade to a 2 sac ballast one in the ski locker and one in the floor in the back about 800#, if you add 2 side sacs on either side of the engine about 1000-1200# you should be putting down a pretty good sized wake. New price with double ballast shouldn't be much more than 32-33,000.
Old     (rickt)      Join Date: May 2002       05-04-2005, 8:53 AM Reply   
Joe,

I will have that looked into.

Rick
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-04-2005, 9:12 AM Reply   
Rick,

I have the same exact problem. My local dealer told me that it was because I didn't take proper care of my seats (not likely). I've been told by others not to purchase the factory skins because they will do the same thing. Your help on this would be greatly appreciated.

As far as everything else goes, I've been running my boat for four years, year round without any issues. I have almost 700hrs on it now, and not a single mechanical problem.

I love my boat, and whenever I look at others, I just can't justify the incremental cost compared to the value that Moomba offers.
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-04-2005, 7:37 PM Reply   
Awesome to see Rick post on here!! He's the only CEO of any of the major boat brands that watches this board, posts on it and does something to help solve the problem. I've praised Rick before and I'm praising him again!! I had a small issue with a dealer a while back and Rick offered to help. I didn't take him up on it, but what he offered would amaze you all!

Rick- Someday I am going to make it down to Tennessee to take a tour of the new facility. And when I do it would be great to finally meet you! I can't say enough about the great job you're doing at Skiers Choice. Keep up the great work!

Satisfied Moomba Owner!

(Message edited by kraig on May 04, 2005)
Old     (rickt)      Join Date: May 2002       05-05-2005, 7:08 AM Reply   
Cliff,

I emailed to you directly.

Rick

Thanks Kraig. Those new board racks are in the mail :-)