Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (tarek)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-24-2011, 11:19 AM Reply   
Phalanx Inc. is proud to announce after weeks of hard work the launch of the new website (www.phalanxwake.com).

The new Phalanx website showcases the entire 2012 future board lineup. Wakeboards are still in development but will be made available to the public as they finish final stages of production. Boards may be released as soon as late summer. So keep an eye out!

Available to the public currently includes all the apparel which is in stock and ready to ship. Vests & Ropes are arriving from the factories at any moment and will be in stock and ready to ship also.

Our factory is in route to dedicating its tools and resources 100% to producing Phalanx Boards. We couldnt be more stoked to get our boards tooled and pressed any sooner. So stay tuned on the release of boards as we get them finished.

This is a facebook update from Schmaltz- who is haulting production on Integrity to focus time and energy on building Phalanx product.

Evolution

Looks like we are almost sold out on 2010 boards! I'm only going to sell a few more of each model!!! (our website will be updated soon... as to the quantities left for 2011) Then we are not going to produce any more for the rest of this summer. (things ...could change, but as of now 2011 is almost sold out) so if your on the fence to getting a new 2011 deck...better order it now. I only have enough materials left to keep the team riding until 2012. It's been a good year for sales, but tough to produce with all the new factory upgrades ... lack of employees... and our materials coming in 3 months late... ETC... SORRY i never got caught up to produce the pre-orders in a timely manor. I appreciate all the business and i didn't want 2012 to be as crazy as this year was. So I'm going to call it for 2011! We won't sell any new products until i have my Factory under control and can keep boards in stock. And never ever sell pre-orders again! Or keep you the customer waiting. All outstanding orders are being built and will ship soon... so don't worry about your order... I have it all under control and it's getting done ASAP! All outstanding orders will be shipping this week and next week... I'm hoping and trying my best to get everyone on the water by July 4th. The Josh Norman and Blake Steele Endurance Wood line won't be released till next year so it is officially being bumped to 2012. We are going to start over on all of our molds and build new presses... these things break down after a while and it's high time we re-tooled and re-vamp the entire line up... especially now that we have the new CNC machine to do it the right way. Everything will be WAY better for 2012. Integrity is entering a new evolution... so we can build better products and better serve our customers. This mini hiatus is just a temporary situation as we evolve as a business. If you are a shop or distributor contact me and we can make arrangements and discuss the new order process for 2012. Thanks for all the Love, Support, and Patience! Much Respect, Erich See More
By: Erich Schmaltz
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-24-2011, 1:32 PM Reply   
the web site still shows the countdown timer (for me) that has been reset each day for the past week
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-24-2011, 1:38 PM Reply   
Probably your cookies, the timer doesn't show up for me
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-24-2011, 2:52 PM Reply   
I'm very excited to see a new brand in the marketplace, but I'm not impressed by the first impressions of these boards. The graphics are weak and the names are so dull. It's like when a car company names their new model the GTRSX3 or some alphabet soup that doesn't invoke any emotions. I'd rather see boards with cool names that hint at their specific design features, like "Recoil."

That said, I wish Phalanx all the best and I will obviously reserve judgement on their boards until I hear from people who have ridden them or get the chance to try one myself. I want them to succeed, especially in the wake of Company Wake's unfortunate demise. Good luck!
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-24-2011, 3:20 PM Reply   
Also, do the boards really have to be so expensive? I couldn't see myself dropping $700 on a board alone from a brand new company when I could get one of the best/most proven board/binding packages in the industry for less than that.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-25-2011, 3:12 PM Reply   
The HebrewHammer, you must not be familiar with Erich Schmaltz and his company Integrity Wakeskates. He builds the best boards. His shapes have no gimmicks and are built of the best materials. His wakeskates sell for $400, but they have such a loyal following because they work. They last forever and ride better than everything else. They obviously arent for everyone because of the price, but you will be getting the most quality product.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-25-2011, 3:35 PM Reply   
Ya, I really don't know $hit about the wakeskate industry so forgive my ignornance.

Last edited by TheHebrewHammer; 06-25-2011 at 3:36 PM. Reason: emoticon
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-26-2011, 2:58 AM Reply   
I got a chance to ride the CW-385. Unfortunately it was a test of a "wake"board at a cable park so it really didn't have a fair chance, but I was pretty impressed. With the massive spine and super slick base it was obvious it was made for wake riding and not rails but it was still fun. Packs a lot of surface area in a small board. Clean edges, carves really strong. Construction seems pretty rad, would be interested in seeing how the park series boards go. Really do wish them all the best and glad to see another independent company on the market.