Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-07-2010, 4:23 PM Reply   
Pete at Smoothwatersports has been selling this jack with a homemade plate so you can bolt it up to a Boatmate trailer. I purchased one a month or so ago and did the install today. It took about 30 minutes, start to finish.

When removing the original jack, you've gotta trim the stud so the plate fits flat. After that, it's completely bolt-on. All hardware was included and it was all straight forward. The new jack is a lot more sturdy. Cranking seems to be the same but I only turned it about 3 turns.

Old     (Matt)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-07-2010, 4:58 PM Reply   
That looks so much better than the stock one... I have an 07 SSV24 and mine looks all jacked up and bent... Where did you get that jack? website or phone#

Also I see you pulled the Boat buddy off, Does the roller work any better & do you tie down the back of the boat when hauling it? Jerry (@ Boatmate) sold me a roller and i'm about to put it on this week...
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-07-2010, 5:31 PM Reply   
The roller is much better. The bowstop on my trailer was too high, so last year I took it to Boatmate and had them rebuilt it. They also strengthened the upright bunkmounts with gusset plates. I also dealt with Jerry, and he's an excellent person to deal with.

I do tie the transom down with the Boat Buckle straps. I highly recommend them, great product.

For a website, http://www.towboats.net/about-us/contact-us

I tried communicating with PM's, but I ended up just calling. It was a lot easier that way. Pete is the person to talk to.
Old     (Matt)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-07-2010, 5:54 PM Reply   
I have one in transit... I found an old post on Supra Forum for Pete.. He still had a ebay list...
Thanks for the Info... That was on my list of things to do before the water warms up...
Old     (delmage171)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-07-2010, 7:57 PM Reply   
If thats your shop I am severely jealous! Nice install btw! Plan on installing a F2 on my trailer soon.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-08-2010, 2:11 AM Reply   
Thanks Jason
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-08-2010, 4:50 PM Reply   
Very Nice! How much for the fabricated plate?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-08-2010, 5:06 PM Reply   
The F2 is the only way to roll, it was like a $45 upgrade on my trailer but worth about $200 more. Nice job JB.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-08-2010, 6:35 PM Reply   
Found one on E-bay. Any one know where to get them cheaper?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fulton-F2-Traile...item2eaae59574
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-09-2010, 2:14 PM Reply   
marineboatsupply.com has been the cheapest I have seen it with shipping.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-10-2010, 6:30 AM Reply   
Aaron and J, just remember that the F2 doesn't bolt up to Boatmate trailers, you'll need the adaptor plate. Pete cuts those out and sends hardware too. I'd normally build my own, but in this case I didn't make 3 trips to the hardware store and only spent 30 minutes on the whole install.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-10-2010, 7:00 AM Reply   
John: I wished that plate you installed n yours was around when I did my F2 jack last year.
I had to have the Fulton braket welded to my trailer. It would have been great to have bolt on option like you did http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showt...ht=Fulton+Jack
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-10-2010, 7:21 AM Reply   
Right John, that why I was wanting to know how much he might want for the plate fabrication. I have a boatmate and was wondering if your buddy would make a few more to sell? If not no worries I can try to get something made locally. Thanks for the pics though. Makes this job seem so damn easy now. What happened to the wetsounds setup on the tower? Or did you just take them down for winter?
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-10-2010, 7:26 AM Reply   
Are they worth the money. I have to push my boat into the garage to get it into the back corner. I hate fighting the stock trailer wheel.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-10-2010, 10:56 AM Reply   
G, I remember that thread, but being the guru that you are, I'm sure it was no sweat

J, you'd probably have to ask the man that question, I saw a thread he started saying that he was selling them and I just bought one. I'm sure he'd sell you the plate separately though. Check the website or phone number I listed and give them a call.

Rich, My boat is too heavy to move without some sort of machine, so I couldn't tell you. I was able to move it a couple inches by hand, which is more than with the other jack.
Old     (Matt)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-10-2010, 11:51 AM Reply   
Jonyb, I have a basicly the same boat as you do.. 07 ssv24, I can push mine around no prob... However when I first got it i had a brake dragging and i couldnt even get my rhino to move it... Might get that looked @... JIC
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-10-2010, 1:16 PM Reply   
Was the thread on here.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-10-2010, 3:16 PM Reply   
http://www.supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=5434
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-10-2010, 3:17 PM Reply   
Matt, the trailer was at Boatmate last year and they did some work on the brakes, but it still can't be moved. Maybe with 6 people it can, but not like the 21' Moomba that's in the shop right now.