Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-15-2010, 12:05 PM Reply   
This Saturday, February 20. Australia. From what I understand, they are playing a ppv live sometime in the afternoon, check your local listings, and then replaying it at our normal ppv times, 7pm & 10pm.

This looks like a decent card. Should be some good stuff here:

Minotauro Nogueira vs. Cain Velasquez
Wanderlei Silva vs. Michael Bisping
Joe Daddy Stevenson vs. George Sotiropoulos
Keith Jardine vs. Ryan Bader
Mirko CroCop vs. Ben Rothwell

Elvis Sinosic vs. Chris Haseman
Stephan Bonnar vs. Krzysztof Soszynski
Chris Lytle vs. Brian Foster
CB Dollaway vs. Goran Reljic
James TeHuna vs. Igor Pokrajac

Nog vs. Cain - This is an amazing matchup IMO. I feel that Cain has faced a bit tougher competition than Carwin, who is getting an interim shot. We all know how good Nog is, (except for against Mir). Both these guys have great ground games, Nog the subs, and Cain the wrestling. Nog IMO has a much more advanced striking game, so I look for Cain to play to his strength, even though it will also play to Nog's strength. I have no idea who will win this fight.

Wandy vs. Bisping - One of these guys will be in Anderson Silva's future. Soon. This is a fight that has seemed to fly under the radar quite a bit. This fight is huge. Stand up WAR. Both looking to make statements and climb to a title shot. Can't wait.

Stevenson vs. Sotiropoulos - I really like this fight. Sotiropoulos has decimated the lower tier competition he has faced. Stevenson is easily a top 10 UFC LW fighter, probably top 5, so big step up in competition. As with the main event, we have here a wrestler vs. a submission guy. Joe Daddy can be submitted, but he has to be beaten up a bit first (a-la BJ and KenFlo). Not quite sure if Sotiropoulos can put that beating on Daddy. As much as I would like to see Sotiropoulos win this, I think Joe Daddy takes a decision.

Jardine vs. Bader - Jardine has fallen from the once lofty position he held in the LHW division and Bader is on his way up. Jardine has stated that he is excited to be fighting a grappler. Be careful what you wish for. I like Jardine. Think he presents a great matchup for many of the LHW elite, but am afraid that Bader will put him on his back and either pound him out or lay to a decision. If Bader decides to stand, then Jardine has a great chance of winning the fight.

CroCop vs. Rothwell - Unfortunately CroCop has just not been even a shell of his former self lately. Rothwell drew Cain in his UFC debut, so now gets to try to re-introduce himself against CroCop. I guess this one depends on which CroCop shows up. Even if the real CroCop fights, Rothwell isn't a pushover in the striking department. I think Rothwell takes it somehow, but wouldn't be surprised to see a highlight reel head kick from CroCop.

I like three of the fights on the undercard too....Lytle always puts on a good show. Bonnar vs. Soszynski should be real fun too. And I have been waiting for Reljic to return ever since he dismantled Gouveia almost 2 years ago.

Enjoy
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-15-2010, 12:24 PM Reply   
I'm super excited for this card...so much so that I may even buy it and sit my arse on my own couch to watch...

Nog vs. Cain is a top shelf matchup. I'm with you dtw..I have no clue who's gonna take this.

Wandy vs. The Count..I love watching Wandy, I just hope the Wandy of old can show up. Love him or hate him, Bisping has some good momentum going and is looking sharp after being KTFO by Hendo. I'm going to go out on a limb and say Wandy is gonna knock out Bisbing.

Daddy vs. Sotiropoulous..agreed, Daddy by decision.

Jardine vs. Bader..Bader by KO. I see Jardine's stock continuing to fall and will hit bottom soon.

CroCop vs. Rothwell. I hope old school CroCop shows up, but I just don't think he has anything left in the tank. I see Rothwell by TKO.

I hope we get to see alot of the undercard on the PPV.

Dana, give Bonnar a pink slip already.
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-15-2010, 2:11 PM Reply   
I'm thinking that if Nog vs. Cain goes to a decision, Cain will get the nod, likely due to top positioning.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-15-2010, 2:35 PM Reply   
After the last card it's hard for me to get excited. I wish this was a freebie.
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-15-2010, 3:49 PM Reply   
Theres three cards in March, two of them are free and they are all doozys.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-15-2010, 3:52 PM Reply   
Dude u are so funny. U are always 1 up on the rest of us. Thanks for the 411
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-15-2010, 4:02 PM Reply   
That is three UFC cards in march. There is also a WEC card early March and TUF debuts on the 31st. Good month for you Flight!!
Old     (wakeeater2003)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-17-2010, 3:50 PM Reply   
From what I understand the fight will be live on PPV at normanl time. The fights are taking place on sunday mid afternoon Australia time. I think this card could be a sleeper. I really like some of the fights. I want to see Bisping get Knocked Out!
Old     (wakeeater2003)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-17-2010, 3:50 PM Reply   
From what I understand the fight will be live on PPV at normanl time. The fights are taking place on sunday mid afternoon Australia time. I think this card could be a sleeper. I really like some of the fights. I want to see Bisping get Knocked Out!
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-17-2010, 4:20 PM Reply   
Dude, quit repeating yourself.
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-17-2010, 4:20 PM Reply   
Dude, quit repeating yourself
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-17-2010, 4:21 PM Reply   
Mike, you getting the fights on Saturday at your place?
Old     (wakeeater2003)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-17-2010, 4:26 PM Reply   
Sorry for the repeat!

Jason you should make your way up for the fights. I think we are making homemade pizza. It is going to be a raging good time!
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-17-2010, 4:31 PM Reply   
I am thinking about it......if you guys are having peeps over it is a no brainer unless work gets all redic in the next couple days.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-17-2010, 4:46 PM Reply   
Forget WEC in March.. how about the WEC event on April 24th! Aldo vs. Faber and Cerrone vs. Henderson! Tickets already purchased and ready to go. Can't wait. :-)
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-17-2010, 10:31 PM Reply   
Anyone else hoping that Wand will Hendo Bisbing?
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       02-18-2010, 6:24 AM Reply   
^I hope he's the first death in MMA......not really,but close.That guys an absolute tool.

Not sure if I'm gonna be able to see this,my 5 year old TV is at deaths doorstep.
Old     (onthewatermo)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-18-2010, 6:33 AM Reply   
Wand win by brutal KO...in pre-fight interviews he's indicated that he's returning to his former fighting style (more clinch/knees, less straight jabs) and indicated that he's extra motivated because his longtime rival Quinton Jackson will be in Bisbing's corner.
Old     (dcdave56)      Join Date: Jun 2008       02-18-2010, 10:29 AM Reply   
I too hate Bisping but I've been holding off on saying this for a long time but GUNZ...

You are a tool.
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-18-2010, 8:46 PM Reply   
So Rothwell is out due to illness. Replaced by Anthony Perosh.

Also, Sinosic is out and that fight has been cancelled.
Old     (wakeeater2003)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-18-2010, 9:25 PM Reply   
Bummer! For some reason I thought the Rothwell fight was going to be a good one.
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-20-2010, 9:31 PM Reply   
Sotiropoulos with the fight of his career! What a ground clinic he put on. Just goes to show that there are widely varying degrees of BJJ black belts Wish he would have finished Joe Daddy in the first though.

And how about that slick, nasty kneebar that Lytle hooked up? Holy crap. That better get sub of the night, unless Nog wins by sub.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-20-2010, 9:40 PM Reply   
Dave whats going on I did not get the fights tonight?
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-20-2010, 9:47 PM Reply   
CroCop demolished Perosh, no problem.

Bader had a tough time, but wound up KOing Jardine in the third.

Sotiropoulos put on a ground clinic against Stevenson, but couldn't finish him & got a UD.

Wanderlei pretty much handled Bisping. Practically KO'd him at the final bell, but got the UD anyway.

Cain absolutely positively mauled Nog. WITH STRIKES. Cain just made Lesnar, Carwin, Mir and and probably even Fedor blink.
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-20-2010, 9:49 PM Reply   
On the undercard, Lytle pulled an old school kneebar on Foster. Practically snapped the leg. Foster couldn't walk out under his own power. Amazing sub. Should be sub of the night.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-20-2010, 10:04 PM Reply   
Wow so Cain is the real deal for sure huh?
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-20-2010, 10:37 PM Reply   
After tonight you have to think so. He just did what only Mir has done....finish Nog. Cain did it much quicker though. Depending on how the Carwin vs. Mir fight goes, I say put Cain in there with Swock RIGHT NOW.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-20-2010, 11:24 PM Reply   
Hey I heard Lesnar had surgery on his lower colon? Then had to go in for a second surgery, if this is true, he must have had a colostomoy bag? Do you know anything about that?

The Mir Carwin fight should be a barn burned if the real Mir shows up.
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-21-2010, 2:15 AM Reply   
Not quite. Lesnar was all set to have that surgery and end his career. Then everything just went away. Changed his diet, some holistic stuff, blah blah, now he is training again. No colostomy bag.
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       02-21-2010, 7:13 AM Reply   
LMNAO at Bisping!
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-21-2010, 7:26 AM Reply   
Bonuses pretty much what i figured:

Sotiropoulos & Stevenson $50K each for FIGHT of the night
Lytle $50K for SUB of the night
Cain $50k for KO of the night

To me these were all clear cut bonus deserving performances.