Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                07-09-2003, 10:36 AM Reply   
I KNOW THAT THIS HAS PROBABLY ALREADY BEEN POSTED BUT I WANT SOME HELP ON THE APPROACH TO A RALEY AND HOW TO SET UP FOR IT?
Old                07-09-2003, 11:41 AM Reply   
The best and on ly way to set up for a raley is to pull out pretty far...farther than you would for a backroll or tantrum. coast for a sec and get a good progressive edge started. As you get closer to the wake stay low and keep building your edge, when you reach the wake you should be in control and edging hard. Then...STAND TALL! Hold on to the rope and look straight at the boat, the board will naturally go behind you. Then..when you feel yourself extended..just pull the handle down to your leading hip, spot your landing, and stick it like a man! The best advice I can give you is to not go half ass. Make a commitment and do it!
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-09-2003, 1:28 PM Reply   
Two keys are edging really hard as you go off of the wake, and having slightly more weight on your front foot than normal. Otherwise you will start to rotate with your back leg coming up as you leave the wake.

You can practice on a wakeskate - that way the crashes don't hurt as much. Try to get good pop and get full extension, and once you do pull the rope towards your knees to get your feet back underneath you.
Old                07-28-2003, 3:22 PM Reply   
I dissagree with the wakeskate thing--I landed my first raley on tuesday on the 4th attempt. Use a wakeboard and think of how the raley will feel and then...like Will said...go huge and do it

The first one I threw was like a s-bend....I the next two I pulled back but they were more of a krypt pull back--the 4th one I landed

It is really an easy trick--it is all about the psychological aspect of it--balls to the walls and you will land it