Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2008

Old     (gravelrox)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-14-2008, 9:10 PM Reply   
So the crew and I are fairly new to wakeboarding, we all just really started getting into it this summer but finding a good riding spot in MD is hard to do. We have been riding around the Kent Island, Chester River area off the Chesapeake Bay, but finding butter is almost impossible around there. Improving is really hard to do when you are constantly dealing with a solid chop. anyone have any knowledge of any good spots around this area where the riding might be a bit better?

Thanks all,

Looking forward to being on here a whole lot more. Work is already starting to suffer...

-Rox
Old     (dansmith)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-15-2008, 4:03 AM Reply   
Have you tried heading up the Severn? I rode w/ some friends last year, and they went up the northern section and the water was really nice:

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=39.070113,-76.579342&spn=0.044313,0.067034&t=h&z=14

Granted, it was a weekday, but its hard to find good water anywhere in the DC area on the weekends.
Old     (skatehawk11)      Join Date: May 2008       07-15-2008, 7:19 AM Reply   
i was driving back from delaware last night and noticed a nice little spot next to sandy point. If you can get there you might find some good water. Me and my friends are going out on gunpowder today. the later the better, chop is common around here!
Old     (premier141dna)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-15-2008, 8:52 AM Reply   
the solution is to move to cali like i did. i lived in somd and it sucked.
Old     (johnson0505)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-15-2008, 9:30 AM Reply   
Have to come to eastern shore for the butter ! !
Old     (bhud66)      Join Date: May 2008       07-15-2008, 9:50 AM Reply   
I will second the eastern shore!!!
Old     (premier141dna)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-15-2008, 10:12 AM Reply   
no west coast..not eastern shore...
Old     (c_willie_dixie)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-15-2008, 11:20 AM Reply   
When you guys say eastern shore? where? like deeper inland up the chester or on the Wye river or blackwater river?
Old     (bhud66)      Join Date: May 2008       07-16-2008, 12:52 PM Reply   
When I say the eastern shore I mean the Delmarva Peninsula. We ride the Nanticoke River and put off at Phillips landing in Laurel DE. Normally it’s pretty glassy all the time. If it dose get a little choppy we hit the marshy hope. About a 10 min boat ride past Sharpe Town MD There are also several other rivers on the shore that will get the job done. We went last night and you couldn’t find a spot that wasn’t sweet.
Old     (gravelrox)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-22-2008, 5:41 AM Reply   
Thanks all, some good possibilities here. We actually went out in the Chester last night and had some amazingly glassy conditions. def rare to find there, but it was heaven for us. just going to have to keep going out earlier in the am and later in the pm if we're going to stick around there.

c_dixie you should post some of the pix
Old     (drewdown)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-22-2008, 9:37 AM Reply   
Good water can be found, I find it every day on the Wye. I only ride on the Wye and know a couple others that do as well. Plus my parents have a place on Bennett Point so that is the only place I ride. The deeper inland the better, hard to find smooth water on the chesapeake.

They have friends on the Chester and its always blown out over there, plus its shallow water. 6ft where they live.

I wouldn't mess with anything on the Annapolis side on weekends, boat traffic is insane. Stick to the eastern shore (you are already over here) and you should be good.

(Message edited by drewdown on July 22, 2008)
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-22-2008, 9:50 AM Reply   
I live in Pasadena Maryland that is. I live on a creek that is glass everyday
Old     (mike52192)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-22-2008, 3:26 PM Reply   
Lil magothy is what brian z is talking about. I wake board there all the time its so reliable with wind chop but wake chop can be a problem