Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 18, 2008

Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-05-2008, 11:22 PM Reply   
Here's a video that the local boardshop is putting together of their team on my lake. I don't know if I'll buy it or not, considering the fact that I see them riding, but what do you guys think? Brian Reeder is on the LF pro team, which is pretty cool considering the fact that our lake is out in the podunk middle of nowhere in Virginia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxnLfNk9oIc
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-06-2008, 7:03 AM Reply   
SML rocks. Thanks for sharing Nick.
Old     (zburns)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-06-2008, 10:14 AM Reply   
I think its pretty sweet. I will defiently buy it. Im exicted SML is getting more exposure now,we ride up near the damn and hardly ever see another wakeboarder . By the way I was in the shop a couple of weeks ago and they are going to start doing a lot of business online and are going to start carring ronix boards and maybe Slingshots
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-06-2008, 10:38 AM Reply   
Looks to be a cool team video.......way to go Wake N skate!

We trailered our X-star down for Brostock from NJ, had a great time! (third time at the lake for us, love it!) Looking forward to next year.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-06-2008, 11:13 AM Reply   
I didn't know that there were this many people who came to/lived on SML here, that's pretty tight. If I don't get a boat I may be hitting some of you guys up for rides. =P

Wake'n'Skate may be getting Ronix boards? Awesome. If I decide to upgrade I may demo one of those too.

I ride up by the cliffs (I dive off of them regularly over the summer when I don't have anyone to pull me). I live right by them, so during the double up competition, I went out onto our neighborhood's point and tried to film. Needless to say, it didn't work out so well. My video camera is more on the level of being um, archaic, to be simple, so yeah.

And if you think the lake's nice now, imagine it a few years ago, before everyone decided to move here because it was so nice, when it wasn't half as busy. Nearly all day on weekdays the water was like butter.

But Zach, down where I live, there are like, twelve people with boats. I've seen a Wakesetter, an X-2, and X-star, another X-star, a Moomba (the boat I ride behind when he's not working), a Supra or two, and come to think of it, someone else just picked up a Malibu down here too. That isn't even counting the dozens of people who ride behind ski boats and deck boats. I'm not sure if the Roanoke river scene is quite as busy, but up here the water is like glass starting around 5:30 to 6:00, minus the guys on wakeboard boats. If you want to find the places where the riders are, it's all at either end of the lake, the central area usually seems to get too much general boat traffic.

And thanks to Reeder, and Wake'n'Skate, Brostock came to our lake. Apparently LF loved it, so cheers to what will hopefully be another couple of years of partying on the lake.
Old     (wakeboardnchica)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-06-2008, 1:49 PM Reply   
sick video

any of you guys ride at claytor lake?