Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old     (stepintoliquid)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-26-2006, 2:35 PM Reply   
Dope riding in the video, but does anybody else find the sound track to be pretty lame? I have to turn the sound down on a few of the songs!
Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-26-2006, 2:48 PM Reply   
Just ordered the video, glad to hear the riding is good sucks about the music. Whats wrong? Is it crappy loud punk. Sound track on the butter effect was good too bad they couldn't follow it through with Bent Felix
Old     (stepintoliquid)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-26-2006, 2:51 PM Reply   
Its not punk, if it was I would not mind so much. I really don't know what to classify most of the music as. The only songs in my opinion I can stand to listen too are Lyman and Rusty's section. Lyman is Social Distortion and I think Rusty is Muse.
Old     (jrw160)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-26-2006, 2:52 PM Reply   
I was pretty disappointed with the music in bent felix as well. Good riding, but the music doesn't compare to butter effect.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-26-2006, 6:53 PM Reply   
Turn down the sound and turn your own up...
Old     (captain_542)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-26-2006, 7:20 PM Reply   
yea i did that as well. the australia song is good but i play my own tracks to the rest. excellent footy though. fantastic riding.
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       10-26-2006, 7:41 PM Reply   
Maybe if Mr. Killgus reads this he can rerelease it with a better sound track, or alternate tracks, aren't dvd's supposed to do that?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-26-2006, 8:36 PM Reply   
i found the soundtrack to be sick and one of the best out there.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-26-2006, 8:57 PM Reply   
No one likes the BEST song on the movie?!!! AFI '37mm' on Chad Sharpe's part. Totally put Sharpe's part at the top of my 'to watch first' list! Rusty's use of Muse was cool too!
Old     (jpk)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-26-2006, 10:44 PM Reply   
The soundtrack was spotty. Some songs are great, others are forgettable or annoying. I did like the Robots In Disguise songs and whatever is used during Sharpe and Australia. The rest could have been improved. Even though the Pixies are awesome, Gouge is not a great boarding tune. The Butter Effect soundtrack has a warmer tone and matches the warm colors of the video, only the use of Cyprus Hill detracts from that otherwise killer soundtrack.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-27-2006, 6:08 AM Reply   
I have a copy on the way. We'll see if it is that bad....
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-27-2006, 6:23 AM Reply   
I was pretty disappointed in the soundtrack too =\ Great riding, none-the-less, just had my hopes up after Butter Effect, which had great music.
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-27-2006, 10:44 AM Reply   
I dug the song for Adkison's section. "Editors" by Munich or "Munich" by Editors, not sure
Old     (jpk)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-27-2006, 8:35 PM Reply   
Jeez, Byrd. We didn't say it was *bad*. Just that after the Butter Effect expectations were pretty high. It's still a decent soundtrack, certainly better than Counterfeit This. But it's no Pre Pop or Butter Effect. Then again, the riding in Pre Pop and Butter Effect sure isn't as good as Bent Felix or Counterfeit This.}}
Old     (stepintoliquid)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-28-2006, 12:16 PM Reply   
I thought the Counterfeit This soundtrack was good. Only exception being the Black Eyed Peas song. Just my opinion though.
Old     (h2oterroristo)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-28-2006, 6:48 PM Reply   
Soundtrack was great, riding was great.

Kevin, most of the music you can't classify would probably be "electro"(like Robots in Disguise in Harf and Watkin's sections).

+1 to Paul on AFI's 37mm. I hope they try a few more songs like that style in the future. Sharpe killed it too!
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-28-2006, 7:08 PM Reply   
I would have to say I liked Butter Effect better (all time faverote), both riding and music. I am a big fan of Killgus films, his style and shot angles are awesome. But to much color/filter stuff for me in Felix. Harf's section was the best IMO. For rail riding, hard to beat Counterfit.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-30-2006, 3:49 PM Reply   
I just watched it and I'm with Joe on this one. It was very refreshing to hear something other than Hip-Hop....
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-30-2006, 9:28 PM Reply   
I'm not saying I want to hear hip hop, but I'd like some differentiation in the music. Every one of the songs sounded the same. And I'm not talking about TOO much differentiation (i.e. Counterfeit This), but going from Pinback on Butter Effect to Flaming Lips to Matt Pond PA to Strung Out (Vampires)...all great stuff, differing.

I felt like the same band did every song on Felix. And I really like Muse, and I just thought their song just meshed into the rest of them providing a bland taste.

Anyways, not my favorite, but great riding.
Old     (shoulin)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-03-2006, 11:34 AM Reply   
I liked the music it was as good i would of liked some beats that go well with wakeboarding like shanes part in relentless where the bass would hit when he would hit the wake or chad sharpes part in counterfeit this wasnt hip hop but in the beggining when he was hitting doubls ups and it would hit just as he was taking off. I dont care what type of music but I like when the video is edited to the music not just laying music over a section.

Im not saying bent felix is like that im watching it right now but there was nothing like those two sections in this video still a sick video. I think alot of wake videos unless they have some hammers like that can lull you too sleep i eat sleep and breathe wakeboarding but if its the slow sound too it i will be out. I think the music and editing can really set a section apart.T

I love the video and chad sharpes opening section was sick. I pretty much only watch that and lymans but the filming from the side is hard to judge how big they are going. I know he is flying but its hard to gain that perspective.
Old     (board4ce07)      Join Date: May 2004       11-03-2006, 11:49 AM Reply   
Dude wtf is that your dog on your profile?
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-03-2006, 12:36 PM Reply   
that...is disgusting man...
Old     (gelo_az_23_lsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-03-2006, 1:33 PM Reply   
WOW....oooouuuucchhhhh
Old    innov8actionsports.com            11-03-2006, 1:39 PM Reply   
Poor Dog, looks like he tried to attack a Porcupine and got his a$$ kicked.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-03-2006, 4:33 PM Reply   
My dog got his a$$ kicked by one once, but not like that, s#i$, that's got to hurt.
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-03-2006, 4:39 PM Reply   
stupid dog haha. it didn't know when to give up.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       11-03-2006, 5:14 PM Reply   
wow, did you have that weird geneticist from south park breed a dahg (dog) with a sea urchin?
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-03-2006, 7:51 PM Reply   
Your all just a descendent of Monkeys and Retarded Frog Fish!