Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 26, 2006

Old     (overwaters)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-17-2006, 11:08 AM Reply   
how hard and expensive is it to carpet my boat, the old carpet is torn up and matted down and i want some nice new soft carpet in it?
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       10-17-2006, 2:28 PM Reply   
getting up the old glue can be a pain. other than that, should be something you can tackle. i think its 3 or 4 bucks per foot x12. So, 3 bucks would get you a 1'x12' piece, if that didn't make sense

but, its like anything else. you can spend a ridiculous amount or next to nothing depending on what you buy

(Message edited by denverd1 on October 17, 2006)
Old     (boatguy)      Join Date: Mar 2006       10-19-2006, 7:10 AM Reply   
It isn't as cut and dry as nacho explained as depending on your boat model the carpet may go under the deck in spots where the deck would have to be unscrewed from the floor and shimmed up to allow the carpet to go under, or cut a seam in it at those points. The carpet from the manufacture also comes in 8' wide rolls not 12' and it's usually 10-12 bucks a yard (3'x3'). hope this helps, I do 3-4 of these a year and it really isn't that bad if you plan ahead and think about these obsticles up front.
Old     (paublo)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-19-2006, 7:18 AM Reply   
Where do you find high quality boat carpet? I've looked at a lot of places and on-line and the heaviest rubber back boat carpet I've found is around 20 oz., but the carpet on new boats is listed as 30 to 40 oz. The the rolls are 6 ft wide which will force a seam. Any experience?
Old     (boatguy)      Join Date: Mar 2006       10-20-2006, 5:20 AM Reply   
Try R&R textiles they are a giant warehouse that supplies most of the carpet to the marine industry. The carry any weight you would want and any color also. Contact me if you want there #.