Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old    bobthebuilder            04-02-2006, 9:47 AM Reply   
I just bought a new 06 catalyst. They only had the 116 in stock at the time, but i was given a great offer so i'm planning on switching it to the 112 asap. My question is, i'm a built guy and i weigh about 200. what is the defining line weight wise on sizing, and how much does 4 cm really affect the board? I had a 116 scape earlier and didn't like it but i'm not sure if it's cause it was the scape... or if it was the size. Thanks for the help lates.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-02-2006, 12:35 PM Reply   
a 116 is huge for anyone. you should definitely switch to the 112.
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-03-2006, 5:55 AM Reply   
yeah, 116 is a really long board....but you may like it. Skate sizes are primarily rider preference. It doesn't seem like 4cm would make much difference, but it can. The best thing you can do is to try and ride as many different boards as you can. Then make your decision.

I have a Catalyst 112 and it is too long for me. I am 5'9" and about 175. I ride a 40" Oak Artificial Heart now. (112cm = roughly 44 inches) I prefer a narrower stance though.

Keep us posted
Old    bobthebuilder            04-03-2006, 1:30 PM Reply   
I'm a wakeboarder normally, but find wakeskating really helps with learning to edge properly and use the board more effectively. It's also cheaper to ride (no weighing down the boat needed) i like a wider stance but worry that with my weight being an issue, i wouldn't want to go below 112. It's still super cold here so i'll have to wait maybe a month till i can ride consistantly. Thanks for the help guys. I'll give you feedback when i can.