Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (phil06140)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-21-2005, 8:18 PM Reply   
has anyone ever done this before i have been thinking about trying one off the d-up lately... tips...
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-02-2005, 1:05 AM Reply   
well the only tantrum mobe i know is the moby dick (tantrum with a bs 3). if you can do a tantrum to fs 3 let us know as apparently no one has done one (there's not even a name for it).

and i would think you'd be better off trying the moby dick w2w, that is assuming you can already do a tantrum-to-blind...
Old     (doogles)      Join Date: May 2004       03-02-2006, 11:48 AM Reply   
A Tantrum with frontside 3 is acutally just a front mobe...aka....HS front flip with a frontside 3. If you think about it or picture it, as soon as you initiate the three your going to be going into a front-flip position. Of course you could do a big laid out tantrum and then try to initiate a very late 360, but good luck getting that back hand back on the handle in time to initiate a solid 3.... If you're going to try Moby Dicks, work on a handle pass tantrum to blind, where you hold on to the handle with both hands behind your back as you are flipping. The double up does help some on this cause it gives you more time and less line tension when you're pulling the handle into your back....
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-02-2006, 3:00 PM Reply   
well given that a front to fakie and a tantrum to fakie aren't the same trick, i'd have to disagree with this.

however you're right, it would have to be tantrum, then fs 3, just like the tantrum to fakie is a 180 after the tantrum rotation.

im sure it's possible to do (tantrum --> fs3). not easy, but definitely possible. but as i mentioned in another thread, might not be very pretty.
Old     (wakeskateal)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-04-2006, 7:28 PM Reply   
thats a moby ****