Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 20, 2005

Old    260searay            09-08-2005, 3:03 AM Reply   
Does anyone else think the lf team has pretty hard landings, or is this just normal. Landing in the flats seems kind of rough to me, but at the same time i just started doing it so i cant compare to other boards.
Old     (hypo303)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-08-2005, 4:12 AM Reply   
I feel that the landings on the team are very soft compared to other boards i have riden...
do you have good bindings.....
Old     (gatorhator)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-08-2005, 6:59 AM Reply   
Ya I recently switched to a Team for the reason that landing out in the flats was so soft.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-08-2005, 7:14 AM Reply   
How are you a gatorhator if you are going to UF?
Old     (cubanismo)      Join Date: Jan 2005       09-08-2005, 8:39 AM Reply   
Not to hijack this thread, but how do you like the Team? I've been trying to decide between the Team and the Absolute but haven't had a chance to demo. I've always preferred taking everything out into the flats alla Lyman-style. Whatever 411 y'all can provide is much appreciated.
Old     (dave27)      Join Date: May 2005       09-08-2005, 8:57 AM Reply   
I love the soft landings on the team 134. I rode a Marius for a while and think the team is just as soft if not softer. I am 5'7" 145lbs so maybe your weight to size ratio is different. I have ridin' the Absolute and think that board is in a different class. I would never talk about these two boards in the same sentence. I don't like three stage rocker boards. To slow in the water for me. Love the team 134. Best board I have ridin' in years.
Old     (mvda)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-08-2005, 11:52 AM Reply   
I think the Team is a great board. It's fast, consistent, and provides great lift if you edge through the wake. The Team has nice and soft landings as long as you land on edge... like you should. If you land flat, in the flats, you will be punished, regardless of the board you ride. On another note, my buddy just switched off of his Absolute after riding my Team 139.
Old     (dave27)      Join Date: May 2005       09-08-2005, 3:13 PM Reply   
I switched to the team after watching Matt Vda ride it. It's ok to ride a tight board and a continious rocker board. Just cause the pros mostly ride loose, 3 stage boards, doesn't mean you have to. Ride what feels good to you.
Old    260searay            09-08-2005, 3:26 PM Reply   
Yeah i have 05 Sphynx bindings. I guess maybe I need to land more on edge because sometimes it feels like my knees are going to come out my shoulders. I raced motocross for 9 years so I dont think it is because i am just a sissy haha.
Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-09-2005, 7:25 AM Reply   
wow that water in your profile is freakin blue