Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old     (indyboy)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-17-2004, 2:50 PM Reply   
My buddy just told me the other day that he saw a commercial for some car. Some guy is doin flips n stuff then he sees the car and gets distracted and lands on his face or somethin..then in the end he grinds off the car. He said he thought it was on fox during simpsons, anyone see it? If so who was the rider? just wondering
Old     (mike_d)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-17-2004, 3:06 PM Reply   
The commercial is for Saturn. It was filmed on Elsinore behind Brian Francis' Mastercraft X Star. Brian is the rider. Just California Skier MasterCraft Boats promoting the sport of Wakeboarding again.
Old    xtremebordgurl            09-17-2004, 3:33 PM Reply   
yea! I saw that on the other night too, during Friends, I didn't even notice till a friend was like, "bess look! wakeboarding!" I only saw the tail end of the commmercial. Pretty sweet to see the sport getting more publicity.
Old    scorched_ice7            09-17-2004, 9:09 PM Reply   
I seen this yesterday right before Survivioron CBS. I thought it was sweet, first time I ever saw wakeboarding on "normal" tv not satalite or on the x-games.
Old    coffindancer            09-18-2004, 9:05 AM Reply   
durring huricane france a few weeks ago the weather channel showed a guy wakeboarding down the flooded street being pulled by a truck. It was so funny. Did anyone else see that clip?
Old    wakeboarder408            09-23-2004, 6:19 PM Reply   
Christopher, I saw that clip too. It was a young kid getting pull on a boogie board. It was hella funny. Oh yeah, i saw the Saturn commercial too. They also have one with a guy skateboarding on a half pipe then he eats it when he sees the Saturn pull up.
Old    indywakechica            09-23-2004, 6:47 PM Reply   
I saw that commercial too. Had to pick my jaw off the floor seeing wakeboarding on yeah 'regular' tv.
Old    jojomantor            09-23-2004, 9:35 PM Reply   
ya that was sooo sik
Old     (columbiatch)      Join Date: Oct 2002       09-23-2004, 10:51 PM Reply   
I saw it too, I thought the jump was kind of weak but maybe I'm wrong. The grab had some nice style to it though.
Old    big_rob            09-27-2004, 8:06 PM Reply   
I saw a program on the Discovery channel last week and there was a guy who built a sports car that your could drive on the highway or straight into the lake down the ramp. They showed the guy driving the car around the lake with somebody wakeboarding behind it doing an invert.
Old    wakeboarder408            09-28-2004, 7:57 PM Reply   
Big Rob, i didnt see the show but i think i know who you're talking about. My boss told me about him. He has a some pics of the car on his screensaver at work. It's a red sports car that looks like a corvette, if im not mistaken, and he told me it cost like over $100k.
Old    big_rob            09-30-2004, 1:29 PM Reply   
That's the one. It was nice.