Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (masongardner)      Join Date: Jan 2014       07-22-2014, 1:29 PM Reply   
http://denver.craigslist.org/boa/4559710152.html

Just wanted to get some opinions on this boat from everyone price wise. Premier surf boat, which is pretty much all we would be doing with it. We are a family of 5, with 3 small to mid size kids and occasionally take out a couple other, so I think there is plenty of seating. Good? Bad? Opinions please and thank you!!!
Old     (stingreye)      Join Date: Oct 2012       07-22-2014, 3:34 PM Reply   
Looks nice and really well cared for! When I was shopping for an Avy, Tige 22V, or Tige 24V I was told that C4 seating (wrap around) was preferable to walk thru (that boat) on the avy and if you are setting up goofy it will be harder because less ballast space. Lastly, I also heard sideswipe is loud and many don't like it (that boat has it). I am not sure you can add an FAE to a sideswipe boat but I LOVE MY FAE so that would be a bummer if you can't add an FAE.

So if surfing (in particular goofy side) is what you want and if it was me, I would hold out for a C4 seating without sideswipe. I have to believe you can find one around the same price with those options. I would rather own older and have the C4 without sideswipe at the same price than a newer one with.

Just my personal opinions on it. I bet you would be really happy with the boat but those are the things that jumped out at me.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-22-2014, 6:19 PM Reply   
I don't know this boat well but, it looks like that walk through would make a great fat sack holder. Just a thought...
Old     (masongardner)      Join Date: Jan 2014       07-22-2014, 7:50 PM Reply   
I think most people use the walk through for a sac if they ride goofy. I'm not worried about that because we all ride regular. I've never head the sidewipe but wonder just how loud it is. Fae I wouldn't think wouldn't be an issue since you throw the exhaust to the opposite side your riding right?
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-23-2014, 1:01 PM Reply   
I use my walk thru to hold all the surf boards, since we only weigh down the port side
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       07-23-2014, 2:37 PM Reply   
I definitely agree with Stingreye about holding off. You cannot add FAE to a sideswipe boat. It was designed for surfing to get the exhaust away from the rider, which it does. But it does stick an unwatermuffled exhaust pipe on the other side of the boat which can be pretty loud. You could probably custom redo the exhaust and punch holes in the transom to make it traditional to do an FAE (or just make it quieter in general)
They do not sale the sideswipe versions in the US anymore due to EPA restrictions.
They do sale models with and without it, it was an option not standard, as was the seating vs the walkthrough.
Personally I would rather have a hard plumbed sack in a locker than throwing a sack on the walkthrough everytime. If I were to get an Avalanche it would definitely be one without sideswipe and without a walkthrough.

It will surf the same, but those are the reasons why I would pass on this one unless it was a steal.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-23-2014, 2:49 PM Reply   
http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...-24VE-for-Sale

Great deal on a 24ve
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       07-23-2014, 2:57 PM Reply   
too high for an 06 Cent. Must sell OBO means you can get it for less.
Old     (masongardner)      Join Date: Jan 2014       07-23-2014, 4:10 PM Reply   
That tige is pretty. Too much for me. Shoot, I was trying to stay around 25 or so
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       07-23-2014, 4:14 PM Reply   
You should just lowball they guy. The walk thru & the side exhaust is hurting his resale, bad. It will also hurt yours if you want to upgrade in a few years. For 34k you could a lot better. I am thinking about selling my 02 wakesetter, it is loaded with every conceivable upgrade you can do to that year boat. I would be right around that price because of it. Plus it has about 3k worth of stereo

Last edited by racer808; 07-23-2014 at 4:17 PM.
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-23-2014, 9:53 PM Reply   
If you're goin g surf, for sub 30..Avy may be your best option, I agree with the guys here, you can find a better Avy for less.
Old     (fence_sence)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-24-2014, 8:03 AM Reply   
I'd find a Tige. All the boats from them in that era surf great. 22-24v/ve.

The one Duffy posted is so nice. I wish I was in the market because I would have bought that thing immediately.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-24-2014, 8:21 AM Reply   
Yeah that boat is crazy nice. Here is a cheaper boat.

https://hartford.craigslist.org/boa/4581385099.html

Look for an older sanger v230, Tige 21v, 22v, 23v or 24v. Centurion avalanche c4. All can be found on the cheaper side if you wait a while. All produce great waves.
Old     (fence_sence)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-24-2014, 8:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by duffymahoney View Post
Yeah that boat is crazy nice.
Good guy too. He's been a long time tigeowners.com member. Somebody is gonna get a great deal on a really nice boat.
Old     (crosenhahn)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-24-2014, 10:44 AM Reply   
Jason, I know your in the springs... actually the boat you bought (Aztec) is a buddy of mine and I used to ride that boat all the time. Anyways, this may be an option for you... http://denver.craigslist.org/boa/4556463353.html ... I know they surf pretty well because of the deep v hull.

Hope to see you out sometime!
Old     (masongardner)      Join Date: Jan 2014       07-24-2014, 4:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by crosenhahn View Post
Jason, I know your in the springs... actually the boat you bought (Aztec) is a buddy of mine and I used to ride that boat all the time. Anyways, this may be an option for you... http://denver.craigslist.org/boa/4556463353.html ... I know they surf pretty well because of the deep v hull.

Hope to see you out sometime!
Did you? Sheldon? That's a good dude. I've got all winter to figure something out lol. I love the aztek, but I hate filling bags and not having a lot of seating. Have you ridden Sheldons axis?
Old     (crosenhahn)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-25-2014, 7:22 AM Reply   
Yeah, the Aztec throws a decent wake for a dd. Yeah, his new Axis is insane...such a nice boat and the wake is just so consistent and huge. Axis, is definitely the boat I'll be looking at when the time comes. He built a surfgate (Sheldongate) for both sides and the boat makes a great surf wave.
Old     (masongardner)      Join Date: Jan 2014       07-25-2014, 9:24 AM Reply   
nice. I build a surfgate for the aztex also,the thread is on here. we surf it all the time. haha! here is a great deal for someone looking for a surf boat, just too far for me to travel

http://batonrouge.craigslist.org/boa/4583225083.html