Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 26, 2006

Old    r3612            12-18-2006, 12:59 PM Reply   
Check this out...I have oficially seen it all....Now bass boat's offered with towers>>>>>>>>>WHATS NEXT....

FRom the description " WakeBoard Tower as shown comes off easily for serious fishing." HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-Stratos-290-WakeBoard-Fish-N-Ski-New-W-Tower_W0QQitemZ130059041311QQihZ003QQcategoryZ6368 6QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       12-18-2006, 1:27 PM Reply   
Probably fishermen with kids that like to wakeboard that cannot afford 2 boats.

I spent alot of time behind a 17 ft. fish and ski boat. It was not great but we had more fun behind that boat than anything.

I think that I/o and outboards putting towers on their boats is saying alot for our sport.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-18-2006, 1:51 PM Reply   
I think it is saying a lot for our sport, but not necessarily helping it out all that much. It's an accessory to those boats, an upcharge they can get easily. Yes it will grow some more wakeboarders which is great, but they will also be the ones out there doing donuts while trying to pull someone up, messing up everyone's water. I think it's great from a safety issue moving the rope away from the engine, and will allow those little boats to pull a little better with someone cutting. This is not as sad as the pontoons I've seen with towers. Those seem to be on there strictly for speakers. You know thats what a tower is really for. I learned and used a ski/fish I/O until we could afford a ski boat, so I can only hope many more kids become passionate about the sport cause their Grandad paid a little extra on his boat. I hope you didn't mean to sound as bad as you came off KJ.
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       12-18-2006, 4:22 PM Reply   
Makes me proud that wakeboarding can effect a sport like fishin. What I think is cool that pic looks like its at a boat show. Did we change the market or what?
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-18-2006, 5:19 PM Reply   
I'm gonna say it... I actually like the looks of that boat. You may not get much of a wake out of it, but daaaaaamn, you'll get there in a hurry.
Old     (jonb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       12-18-2006, 7:07 PM Reply   
And I thought that all fisherman hated us?
Old    r3612            12-19-2006, 8:35 AM Reply   
WEll.....

Just think people are getting taken for a ride....too me there is really no purpose for a tower on that boat. The salesmen are going to tell people that this will be a great wakeboard boat for wakeboarding.....

Am I saying people won't have fun behind this boat....Heck no! You can have fun behind anything. I"m sure a ton of people have fun behind millions of different boats. There are just much much better options especially on a boat like that with a 30k price tag fr wakeboarding. I just think alot of new peple to the sport are going to get taken and hosed. See it all the time on the I/O side. Salesmen telling newbies that this is the boat the pros are all gonna want by 2010. We had an I/O dealer telling people this last year at the boat show.....was rediculous. I agree that the sport is taking off..and this is def true test to that....so it is cool.......just think alot of people are going to get burned thinking it's actually a decent wakeboat.....Just odd to me
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       12-19-2006, 8:45 AM Reply   
Informed buyers are not going to get hosed. Anyone who buys a 30k boat without doing enough research to know the difference between an outboard fishing boat and a v-drive wake boat are not informed buyers.

This is however a perfect boat for a fisherman who has kids who want to do watersports.

Kind of like a I/O with a tower and a fatsac or 2 is a perfect boat for someone who just likes to be out on the water hanging out but will strap on a board every now and then.

(Message edited by jon4pres on December 19, 2006)
Old     (dfwharvey)      Join Date: Mar 2006       12-19-2006, 9:01 AM Reply   
This boat will flop. Imagine trying to cast out with that tower in the way. Poles will get caught and tangled up in the tower. The fisherman who really wants to fish would not buy this even if he has kids who want to wakeboard. The thought of that outboard prop spinning anywhere near my legs or feet makes me cringe.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       12-19-2006, 11:27 AM Reply   
Well, people have grown up skiing, tubing and doing other water sports behind outboards and I/Os, so that isn't really a factor. I can't see the pic because ebay is blocked at work, but I as with any tower, all you need are some pole holders and you are good to go. It could be the cadillac of trolling!
Old     (karkid)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-19-2006, 4:50 PM Reply   
Its nice having a place to get boards off the floor regardless of what type of boat it is.
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       12-19-2006, 8:26 PM Reply   
Got the Go Boating magazine in the mail today.

An ad for a bass boat had an image of a wakeboarder way up in the air.

There were several ads for pontoon boats with towers.

Even the cartoon on the back page showed a tower on the boat.

There is a 30'+ go fast boat on our lake that has a tower on it.

It's amazing how 4-5 years ago towers were such a specialty and so quickly have become main stream in nearly all boat segments.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-20-2006, 6:46 AM Reply   
And to think the CC Tower Nazis get $60.00 for everyone of them. Now thats some B.S.
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       12-20-2006, 7:10 AM Reply   
Don't even get that topic started
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       12-20-2006, 7:22 AM Reply   
As much as I am sure Monster Tower and other manufacturs hate it. You have to admit that the CC nazis made and amazing business decision to be able to patent the tower.
Old     (froese)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-20-2006, 11:25 AM Reply   
Man, I've paid MY dues, but I did all the work on my old boat...didn't even know about wakeboarding when I bought this one 6-7 years back. Then I got addicted.

http://www.2froeses.com/boat/

Be sure to check out the riding pics of my buddy...didn't grab any of the inverts he did.

The great thing - I sold it for more than I bought my '85 Ski Nautique 2001 for! The guy who bought it got a great family boat and will use it well, and I got something to feed my addiction!

You should get a good laugh or two out of the pics...
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       12-20-2006, 1:13 PM Reply   
Maybe they just wanna have Fun..
You should really see the Bubba test
http://www.toughboats.com/index.cfm?page=5&subpage=RecommendATest

Of course, they didn't put the tower on yet
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-20-2006, 5:23 PM Reply   
CC really gets $60 on every tower made? Wow, they could shut down their plant and still make a good amount of money. Think of all the towers that have been made and are going to be made, assuming they still have a few years left on the patent.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-21-2006, 5:51 AM Reply   
60 bucks a tower and they still cant make a decent one for themselves.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-21-2006, 8:24 AM Reply   
Well, Nautique is producing crappy looking towers so that the other manufacturers will produce more better looking towers. This way CC will make more money by not doing anything. And they are already gauranteed a few boat sales since Danny Harf rides for them.
Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-22-2006, 2:54 AM Reply   
Nice Billy.. Like the Nautique tower 1000x times more then any Mastercraft Bling Bling tower. And they are more sturdy! But hands down, MC makes the best swivel board racks!
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-22-2006, 10:03 AM Reply   
Tommy the new tower CC has looks like the hand rail in a Handicap crapper to me. Your tower was the last good looking one CC made. IMO

(Message edited by woreout on December 22, 2006)
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-22-2006, 11:43 AM Reply   
"60 bucks a tower and they still cant make a decent one for themselves"

So true. CC is an odd company. Great build quality and strange innovation.