Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old    akman            10-19-2008, 8:03 PM Reply   
Just spent 3 awesome days on the lower Colorado River with a great group of friends and riders. Weather was perfect 100* daytime temps and water in the low 70's.
We had great conditions and the riders JD. Webb, Kyle Alberts and Dean Smith threw down some mad tricks behind the mighty wakesetter. Dave had the boat slammed big time with over 5500 lbs of ballast. We had to run to the bow to get the nose to come down to get her up to speed, once we did the wake was MACKING, it was the biggest wake I have personally ever seen.
It was nice to sit in the boat and take pictures as well as be in the chase boat filming. I will say when I had to get behind the wheel and get in real close for pictures and filming it was a little hairy. I know one instance where JD said "man your getting close" as I cruised by after a fall.
JD, Kyle and Dean thru down mad tricks all day long and were a lot of fun to hang with along with the film crew Ronny, Spencer and of course Dave Cervanka the man behind the video. From what I saw this weekend this will be an extremely fun video with lots of great riding and behind the scenes action.
Line of the weekend "Those are tacos? They look like potato chips you better bring my 6 more" (Spencer)
2nd line of the weekend, me talking to Dean while downing a few beers "dude that's a big watch" Dean:"It's an arm clock"
You should have seen this thing it took up his whole arm!
Dave Cervanka telling me to get in close so I can really get some good footage...after JD crosses the bow cutting into the wake. He calmly turns to me and says "That's a little too close, if they hit the boat cutting in your just a tad too close"
Carnage of the weekend goes to Kyle, he was riding a Honda 200 and going over a few hits while Ronny took pictures and he went over the front handle bars, hit his face and shoulder and jumped up like it was nothing.

I have to also say I have a lot of respect for these 3 young riders after the evening session they jumped in the boats and wiped them down from bow to stern and did it with a smile on their face, laughing and joking the whole time. Seeing them freeride was awesome, it was great to see them just go out and have fun with no stress of a contest and riding for points.

Here are a few pictures from my 3 days of hanging with the whole crew. My son got to have a nice weekend on the boat, jet ski, dirt bike and hang with some celebrities.

Slammed...
Upload
Rigging my boat
Upload
DPC camera
Upload
JD
Upload
JD
Upload
Wakeworld Wakesetter
Upload
Kyle
Upload
JD
Upload
Dean
Upload
Kyle
Upload
JD
Upload
Dean
Upload
Kyle
Upload
Dean
Upload
End of the day sunset
Upload
My son getting a ride on the dirt bike with his dad
Upload
Jet ski ride with his mom
Upload
Turned my back on him for a second....
Upload
Hanging with the boys...
Upload
Old     (bp22)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-19-2008, 8:24 PM Reply   
I am really proud of you Aki...that was a big step for you letting them rig your SAN up! HAHA!!!
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-20-2008, 7:58 AM Reply   
This video is going to be insane. Lot's of cool, different angles, and in HD!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-20-2008, 8:04 AM Reply   
That looks familiar!

Upload
Upload
Old    akman            10-20-2008, 6:52 PM Reply   
A few more of Dean going big

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (fbroen)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-22-2008, 7:38 AM Reply   
HD through production, or also including final discs in BluRay?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-22-2008, 10:05 AM Reply   
Nice: Dam Dave's boat was slammed how long did it take to get out'a the hole?. No wonder why he need/gets a new one every other year. LOL J/K

JD's a Pimp. His new board looks cool. You guys got some great picks and had some great weather. Thanks for sharing the pick's. People back where the weather is not as warm right now must be hating it. We are enjoying some awesome weater in Cali right now. Viva West Coast
Old     (madison_boarder)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-22-2008, 10:34 AM Reply   
"A few more of Dean going big" -- isn't that redundant? He ALWAYS goes big.

I hope some of these guys are reading this-- I'm proud of being involved in a sport where the very best participants are also its greatest ambassadors! Keep up the great work everyone, you make me proud to be a wakeboarder!
Old     (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-22-2008, 4:14 PM Reply   
That WW 'Bu wake is perfect, looking forward to the outcome.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       10-22-2008, 4:29 PM Reply   
We loaded it up to the point that we had to have a few bodies run to the front of the boat to get it on plane. It would take a little less than a minute I'd say.

Yes, it is going to be available in Bluray.

Finally got home last night and I'm EXHAUSTED!! It's tough keeping up with these young bucks!
Old     (fbroen)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-24-2008, 7:09 PM Reply   
Sweet -- stoked to see a HD wake movie!
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       10-24-2008, 7:49 PM Reply   
Did you "dunk" the bow at all? Boat looks good slammed.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       10-25-2008, 1:40 PM Reply   
damn that all looks incredible. Dave any chance I can get a wakeworld vinyl like that or 2? My boat is mostly white and think it'd look dope!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       10-28-2008, 1:07 PM Reply   
I actually did get a couple of extras made since I assumed I would screw one up when applying it to the side of the boat, but everything went smoothly. They are a little pricey, but I'll sell them to you for $30 plus shipping. I have two in black and four in white.

Ewing, the bow was dumped many times!!
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-29-2008, 10:37 PM Reply   
That's some pretty good photoshopping guys.. Who would be crazy enough to strap such a contraption to the bow of a boat...?

Ronnie and I would like to throw a HUGE thanks to everyone that helped to make this trip a HUGE success! We got awesome conditions, the support crew was great, the riders had a blast (both on the water and off!), we built a ridiculous slider, and best of all we didn't sink William's boat! ;-p

If you want to see wakeboarding exactly the same way we see it while filming these guys, then HD is the only way to go! For those who were lucky enough to get a sneak peek of the video at Surf Expo... you know what I'm talking about.

Thanks again for all the support and keep checking back for more news when the website/teaser launches! whooop whooop is it Spring yet?