Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2007

Old    bryan_giles            03-08-2007, 8:08 PM Reply   
Does anyone know anything about these wake towers. They are very reasonably priced! Are they a solid tower and how are they to set up, and take down. I do not want a weak/cheap tower. I hope they are good. I like the looks and price. I just want to know about strenght.
Old    malibu73            03-09-2007, 8:06 AM Reply   
try bigairpylon.com
Old     (halo)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-09-2007, 11:16 PM Reply   
There pro tower is the same tower that Wakside,Boss Wake, Costco and Lightning accessories sells. Wakeside sells it for $999.00. Its got to be a good tower.
Old     (jjmtahoe)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-10-2007, 11:22 PM Reply   
Strait from china. I heard they are getting ready to release a titan remake though. I would wait for that one.
Old    bryan_giles            03-11-2007, 9:38 AM Reply   
Thanks for the info! So China = Crap or China = OK. Who is releasing a titan remake and when?
Old     (halo)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-11-2007, 10:26 AM Reply   
If it were crap why would Wakeside, Boss and Lightning be selling it? What i think is that Banana Sugar pushes Lost Pro Accessories so hard that he is probably the owner or works for them witch is kind of funny because i know for a fact that he purchases from Diywake just look at his product it is the same thing only he powder coats it.
Old     (jjmtahoe)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-11-2007, 12:53 PM Reply   
I never said it was crap first off. Second I have had great service with them and like to push companies that are good to me. As you can see I said to wait for the remake of the titan one. I am glad you think I am bad mouthing you. Wow I must work for that company since I said to wait for them to release that tower. Bravo
Old     (halo)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-11-2007, 8:42 PM Reply   
I never said that you said it was crap i was just answering Bryan's question on weather it was China = Crap or China = OK. Also your first words in your posting were strait from china it doesn't take a genius to figure out that you were insinuating that it was crap. Not everything that comes from china is bad it all depends on how well you control the manufacturing of your product. Just to prove a point and i think you will agree Fusion makes some awesome accessories well guess what they are made in china. Monster tower is another company that makes there stuff in china. The only difference between them and diywake is that they are gouging the customer diywake is not.
Old     (jjmtahoe)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-11-2007, 11:15 PM Reply   
I agree with you, and thanks for clarifying. Sorry if I came off on that wrong. Pretty much everyone is going to China since it is a lot cheaper on pricing. I think once DIYwake gets into all kinds of different options, they will put a lot of companies out of business. But it is survival of the fittest out there.
Old     (hunter1)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-12-2007, 9:51 PM Reply   
I don't understand all the Hype you guys give to DIY.The company is owned by Raul , who use to be a small partner of Boss Wake. He is working out of his garage. All the products are all knock offs of Boss Wake.
Old     (halo)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-12-2007, 11:22 PM Reply   
Thanks Hunter,
We all know that your tom the owner of Lightning Accessories the one that Raul Taught how to make towers and how to purchase over seas then got screwed by you. Your just pissed because he is doing something that you do not have the balls to do and that is to sell directly to the public at a considerable discount. Your to afraid that all your precious dealers will drop you and so what if he works out of his garage that just means that he can give the public even better prices. Why don't you sell your product as cheap as he does if you get it over seas like he does? I will tell you why it's called greed and as far as him being part owner of boss well that just tells me that he knows something about quality.
Old     (hunter1)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-13-2007, 10:48 PM Reply   
Gabe, firts off. I hired raul to work with my tower guys. then let him go , because he is a snake. That why he was fired from Boss Wake. I do have balls that why i have made the push to become a big company unlike others.(Costco, Dmp, 250+ Dealerships worldwide. Dealer support is where you get the most exposure. I am not hating, but you must be close in some way with raul.Second, we still manufacture here in the US also. Sorry if i hurt your feelings.
Old     (halo)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-14-2007, 12:12 AM Reply   
Hunter,

If you lie to your customers like you lie in this forum its no surprise that you have gotten as far as you have. First off you did not fire Raul he left after you reneged on the contract you made with him. You didn't pay him one penny of the money you said you'd pay him and second he was not fired from boss he sold his shares to rio. You know what hunter? you need to stop being a little weasel and be a man tell the truth. Don't you remember how you got started in the business well it was by copying bosses product but i guess you just forgot to mention that. You must have thought that by placing a lightning bolt in the middle it made it ok and i also heard that you did the same thing with loud liquids product. So hunter if i were you i would call it quits here before you really piss me off and i tell your customers what you pay for the product that you try to sell them.

(Message edited by Halo on March 14, 2007)

(Message edited by Halo on March 14, 2007)
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-14-2007, 12:27 AM Reply   
All I know is that I want to run out and buy a tower from one of the fine company's represented in this thread!

No offense, but y'all should probably stop "helping" these companies.
Old     (halo)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-14-2007, 1:00 AM Reply   
Sorry but i am just sick and tired of people like tom and companies like Lightning that get by telling lies and that try to control the industry by keeping prices high when all Diywake has done is open up the sport to so many more people that can not afford or just can't see paying the ridiculous prices companies like Fusion or wakeside are asking for there product.
Old     (spencerwakeside)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-14-2007, 10:38 AM Reply   
First off Wakeside is a retailer all other brands you are speaking of are manufacturers. So basically when you say wakeside's "ridiculous prices" you mean the manufacturers ridiculous prices. We sell at the suggested MAP pricing which is usually below the ridiculous MSRP. This is the same for both Wakeboard and Boat Accessory companies.

Wakeside sold the Boss product and when it went away we needed another solution. Wakeside now sells the Element Tower at $999 which I don't think is too much to ask. When companies maintain customer service, Correct Craft Royalty Fees, and product insurance the price goes up a little. It is not as bad as you have been making it out to be. I would assume Raul is well aware of the legal implications if the tower is to fail and cause bodily harm or worse. Every consumer should ask those questions before they buy.

As for Fusion, they make a quality product that cannot be duplicated for a lot less money. Companies have tried to copy but have come up short. They put a large amount of time and capital into R&D that they would like to get back by selling their product at a price that the market will bare. Turns out they are in this business to make money. If you want something cheap by all means don't pay the "ridiculous prices". You think this is over the top take a look at other industries.

We are in the process of getting an upgraded Element tower with new mounts to set it apart from others that look similar. The mounts will be an improvement and look like the new Skylon Tower mounts.

Cheer up Gabe or you will not be the only one that is pissed off, and have a good day.
Old     (caffeineguy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       03-14-2007, 10:54 AM Reply   
FIGHT THE POWER
And what about Slinkies?? I can't stand it when companies price them way over the MSRP. I understand that they need to pay for product insurance in case anyone gets hurt using the product, Cheap, knock-off Slinkies from China have killed dozens of innocent children. But when you have to pay 25, 30, even 35 cents over the suggested 4.99, it really puts a hurt on the U.S. economy......(I'm bored at work)
Old     (zorro)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-14-2007, 11:35 AM Reply   
Hello Spencer,
I substantially agree with you but for Fusion products. I really had a bad experience with their products. They should clearly say that they are definitely not for salt water use. The first two pair of racks I bought bacame so pitted after only three months that a professional polisher had a really hard work to bring them back to half their original shine.
The second pair of racks Fusion sent me (in substitution of the first pair and for this I must admit they have a great customer service) was chromed and after one year the chrome plating is now peeling off here and there. The same happened to the Fusion light bar.
I know that most of the people use their boats in fresh water only but it is not serious to sell products that do not resist at least a minimum of time to salt water. I forgot to tell that all this happened although I spent a lot of time polishing the racks to try to prevent them from being pitted.
Old     (spencerwakeside)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-14-2007, 1:24 PM Reply   
Luca,
No matter how much time you spend with the upkeep of Chrome products on your boat chances are they are just a ticking time bomb. This is most of the time only if you are in or within a winds reach of salt water. If it happens in fresh water it is probably bad chrome and should be covered under a warranty. I do not recommend putting anything chrome from any vendor on wakeboard boats that might be in a compromised geographical location. It looks great for a while but then it will self destruct. I have talked to many vendors about the chrome. The best thing to use is Stainless Steal, polished and powder coated products. Sorry for the expensive mistake. I try to always caution customers when they purchase chrome racks and speakers. I am glad Fusion was able to take care of you.
Old     (zorro)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-14-2007, 2:44 PM Reply   
Spencer,
What I do not understand is why Fusion did not warn me about salt water use since they had been informed that I was going to use their products in that environment. I have other racks of other brands that still look great after months of use. It is simply a matter of informing people.
Old     (spencerwakeside)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-14-2007, 7:42 PM Reply   
You are correct. It is about having a sales person that will give you a straight up answer based on your location. If you bought them and straight up told the sales person that you will be using them in salt water it was probably someone that didn't know.