Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (consigliereg8r)      Join Date: Aug 2009       06-28-2010, 7:20 PM Reply   
Just tried wakesurfing last weekend. What a blast? I have a 220 SAN, which side would be best? Should I only have the ballast filed on the side I am riding on?
Old     (consigliereg8r)      Join Date: Aug 2009       06-30-2010, 6:32 AM Reply   
bump
Old     (consigliereg8r)      Join Date: Aug 2009       07-12-2010, 6:15 PM Reply   
Still need help--Last weekend I surfed port side with port side tank filled and no water in the belly or starboard. The only place the wake was good was RIGHT up against the swim platform. Further back it was all wash. Am I doing something wrong
Old     (rlsv211)      Join Date: Oct 2009       07-12-2010, 9:11 PM Reply   
You will need more weight. Go buy a couple of 750 pound sacks and put them on top of your tanks or buy 1100 pound sacks and take out your tanks. You will be amazed how some weight makes a difference. You may also need weight in the bow. I have a 211 and we use 1100 pound bag in the locker behind the driver. It probably fills to 800-900 pounds. I have taken the tanks out. We put 200 in the bow on the side we surf and it works pretty good. We also fill up the belly tank but not sure if that helps. The starboard side is the bad side on my boat (driver side). It is a 2007 and is a left hand rotation. On the other side I use a 750 pound bag in the locker and 400 pounds on top. it is a good wave. what year is your boat. Before 2007 left hand rotation and port is the good side. Before that the other side is the good side.