Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (tmb)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-02-2007, 10:28 AM Reply   
How much weight are you guys using in your DD Air nautiques? My tranny just went out in my '02 and I wonder if surfing was the factor!
Old     (tmb)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-07-2007, 6:06 PM Reply   
Nobody on here rides a direct drive?
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-07-2007, 7:09 PM Reply   
I've seen a few people post about surfing behind a Direct Drive but don't know offhand if they were Nautiques. I'd try again with a different thread title like "question about surfing behind a DD" and put it in the boat section as well. I feel your pain and wish you luck in getting it figured out.
Old     (locwakeoutlawscom)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-07-2007, 7:48 PM Reply   
That's totally open for debate man.

You need to provide the following to begin.

How much weight do you wakeboard with, crew+ballast
How much weight do you surf with, crew+ballast

How many hours on the boat or engine, are you the original owner? If not, what do you know about the original owner and their use?

You cannot stick it to weighing the boat down, or surfing for that matter. There are just too many variables. If two DD SN owners speak up, an older SN2001, and then your exact model; both running ok with 3k+ in water and lead, what does that mean?
Nothing.

The question is what do you know about your boat.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-07-2007, 9:38 PM Reply   
i dont think it was from surfing... i surf in my nautie and "seems" like a lot less strain due to the low speed and the time to get there...

btw, did you service your transmission at the proper intervals ?
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-08-2007, 4:38 PM Reply   
I have a 2000 MB Sport DD. I usually run atleast 1000lbs over stock on one side in order to surf. I also find I have to do never ending circles to get the wave right.
Old     (djmann270)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-10-2007, 2:22 PM Reply   
Do not go in reverse while your boat is fully loaded. Learn to drive w/o reverse. You are putting way too much stress on the tranny. We had to same prob. with our Nautique. You will become a better driver b/c of this.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-10-2007, 3:09 PM Reply   
I put my boat in reverse all the time. Helps to swing the boat around and avoid going back over my own wake to pick up fallen wakesurfers. I don't drive it hard, just enough to swing the aft around.
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-10-2007, 7:59 PM Reply   
likewise^^^
Old     (tmb)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-12-2007, 5:02 PM Reply   
my boat is an '02. I've had it for 3 years & the boat has 230 hours (112 when purchased). We then the tranny went out we had stock tanks full, 1650lbs in fat sacs, and 4 people in the boat. My tranny is always serviced at normal intervals.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-12-2007, 6:09 PM Reply   
I'm over 400 hours on an '04. This year I re-proped from 12 inches to 10.5. I weight the boat heavily so it reaches about a 20 degree list. The transition oil pick up can get starved if the fluid level isn't really full.