Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (boardnxtx)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-09-2010, 11:07 AM Reply   
I'm interested in buying one of the LF party islands, but had a few questions on which model is the best route. There is a towable, and non-towable version, priced at $400 and $300. I don't plan on pulling this thing around the lake, but I would at least like the option of tying it on to the back of the boat, and possibly pulling it around a cove with the boat in gear, but no faster than just out of idle. Does anyone have any history with either of these two?? Any pro's and con's to either of them?? Is the non-towable pretty sturdy??

Towable
http://www.boardstop.com/product_inf...d=1977&ref=118

Non-towable
http://www.bartswatersports.com/cata...0Q14/index.asp
Old     (calipackfan)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-09-2010, 12:38 PM Reply   
I got a 10' diameter one from Costco for about 75.00
Haven't got it wet yet, but it seems real durable, but I wouldn't tow it at any speed. the Liquid force ones seem expensive for what they are.
Old     (mrawdtsi)      Join Date: May 2009       05-09-2010, 3:40 PM Reply   
I bought one of these bad boys last year.... one of the best investments, when you have a boatful on a 110+ degree day

non-towable

Seats 8, 16 cup holders (most important part) and it came with a inflatable floating cooler. lol!

I think i paid around $400
Old     (xaggie)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-09-2010, 5:49 PM Reply   
How long does that take to inflate/deflate?
Old     (mofreestyle)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-09-2010, 6:14 PM Reply   
Pick one of these up for like $150 at Sam's.

http://www.amazon.com/Sofina-Inflata.../dp/B003ASXVA0
Old     (worththewake)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-09-2010, 7:28 PM Reply   
I got the towable one but I inflate it on the water once we get to where we are going....if you try to pull it out there it just fills with water. I love it though!
Old     (boardnxtx)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-09-2010, 8:09 PM Reply   
Agreed on the price of the island, but having a hard time finding other options for a similar sized float. I want something of the same size, but the options are limited.

Mark, I saw that at Sam's as well, but when I went back to buy it, it was no longer on the floor. Not worth the price in the link to me tho. Guess I'll keep looking.

If anyone finds any other similar sized floats, post em up!
Old     (mrawdtsi)      Join Date: May 2009       05-10-2010, 7:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaggie View Post
How long does that take to inflate/deflate?
Matt,

My island takes about 10 minutes to inflate/deflate with my 12v air pump. not bad at all. But when its wet, folding it back up and yanking it into the boat is a pain, as it weighs well over 100lbs.
Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-10-2010, 10:29 AM Reply   
I am on my second fiesta island....My first one got a rip in the floor and was non fixable....My second one got a small hole in it as well but it is patched up...It really doesnt take too long to air up but deflating it is a bitch....it really needs a big release valve to let the air out...I agree with whoever said that its a bitch to load cause it is HEAVY....I refer to it as a drunk tank...it helps get my drunk friends off my boat when were tied up at party cove....
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-10-2010, 11:14 AM Reply   
I'd recommend the towable one simply because you get the durable outer skin that helps prevent punctures. Our wakeboard club had one and we'd take it on houseboat trips and tournaments, it was pretty durable and was awesome with a full cooler and 10-14 people just chilling out.
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-10-2010, 11:32 AM Reply   
This one has some good reviews and is only $70

http://www.amazon.com/Intex-58285-Pa...=cm_cr_pr_pb_i
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-10-2010, 11:35 AM Reply   
Here is another one.

http://www.amazon.com/Gladiator-Empe...ref=pd_sbs_t_2

Here is a Liquid Force party Island for $229

http://www.amazon.com/Liquid-Force-I...f=pd_sbs_sg_24

Last edited by pnichols; 05-10-2010 at 11:39 AM.
Old     (brian_b)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-10-2010, 11:48 AM Reply   
I have this, purchaed from Sam's two years ago (hard use), still going strong. Blow it up quick with a coleman 12v pump you can get cheap at walmart:
Attached Images

Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-10-2010, 1:01 PM Reply   
Liquid Force party Island for $170

http://www.amazon.com/Liquid-Force-P...f=pd_sbs_sg_53
Old     (boardnxtx)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-10-2010, 1:55 PM Reply   
Paul,

Those are the smaller party islands, not the 144" diameter one I am searching for. The others are good options, I'll have to check them out.

Keep posting as you find them. I'm sure a lot of people would be interested in these.
Old     (brian_b)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-10-2010, 5:42 PM Reply   
My blue "Caribbean Island" above I believe is last years model of the one with the slide that mofree suggests above. Everyone loves it.
Old     (phenom_1819)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-10-2010, 6:18 PM Reply   
As somebody who has the non-towable version, I would higly recommend not spending what LF want's for it... the towable version may be better though I've heard there are lots of problems with the nylon cover tearing (that is just what I've heard, take it FWIW).

Buy the cheap-o Costco/brand-x version.
Old     (uofamox)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-10-2010, 7:33 PM Reply   
I have the same as Brian above and absolutely love it. Its the first one i have ever owned that made it thru one full season.

I also recommend a couple of flabongos...great lake beer bong
Attached Images

Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-11-2010, 7:14 AM Reply   
Chance, I was looking for the same thing, I hear the LF towable party island is where its at. The problem i ran into was that they are backordered until July or Aug. Thats too long for me to wait. Need to have ladys on board ASAP! Hit me up if you find one for a descent price or a place that has them in stock.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-11-2010, 7:25 AM Reply   
I think the liquid force one would be great. You can use it to relax on or you can tow it and bounce people around
Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-11-2010, 11:28 AM Reply   
Damn Mox your crew hang at the Hard Rock every Sunday with all the rehab cups?
Old     (uofamox)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-11-2010, 8:09 PM Reply   
Eric,
Everyone (except me...driver) drinks hard alcohol all day. Only beer consumned is by me about 3 and the rest for the beer bong (Lola and Trixie...yes the girls named the flabongos). I have a rule about only one camera that everyone has to take at least 25 pictures throughout the day. It is a great timetable from sober to wasted with lots of candid shots. I play the slideshow on my TVs on the way home....sometimes i feel like i have eight teenagers in the car at the end of the day.

This sunday will be our first Sunday Funday this year....between the rain and multiple weddings i have been to i havent really even got out on the lake yet this year.
Old    ScottRobinson            05-11-2010, 8:13 PM Reply   
Your crew has some hotties in it, which makes the day that much better.
Old     (jame04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-12-2010, 10:24 AM Reply   
I got this that I want to get rid of, make an offer

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/prod...ID=1015&r=view
Old     (jame04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-12-2010, 10:33 AM Reply   
also, I'm looking for a 12v inflator. any reccomendations?
Old     (jame04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-14-2010, 8:13 AM Reply   
^^^ so does anyone know of a good 12 v inflator? I see one at overtons but seems kind of cheap. I also own one of those convertors but not sure how good it will work.
Old     (mrawdtsi)      Join Date: May 2009       05-14-2010, 8:21 AM Reply   
i picked one of these up last year. Fills my party island in 10 mins, and deflates it in around 8....

Features

* Volume is 410 liters/min.
* Maximum pressure is 2.5 psi.
* It draws 28 amps / 340 watts.

$49.99 @ Sports Chalet
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       05-14-2010, 12:34 PM Reply   
I had one of the original party islands and it was super durable. There is no way a Costco special will put up with the abuse me and my kids inflicted on that thing. I actually got tired of deflating it, so I just left it out in the son and that still didn't phase it. It would still be going strong, but it got buried in rubble when my brick garage collapsed in the earthquake. It actually looked like I could air it up again after they dug it out, but a bottle of motor oil had been smashed on top of it, so, unfortunately, it had to be tossed. I sure miss my Party Island!!
Old     (bradlayinlow)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-14-2010, 12:55 PM Reply   
ive been looking at getting one of these. im glad someone posted this. i still like the liquid force and the caribbean island ones
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       05-14-2010, 10:36 PM Reply   
They are great for an artificial beach or island tied to a dock and even better dragging it behind the boat. Not only can you knock out all your tubers in one ride, but it's a pretty damn fun ride. My kids figured out how to get it to fold in half when they're getting whipped. Now they ask me to "do the taco!"
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-15-2010, 11:46 AM Reply   
How big are the islands when they are folded up?? any pics??
Old     (rwb_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-24-2010, 9:13 AM Reply   
Brian/Mox- I like the island. I did a quick seach and tried to find it with each site taking me to Amazon and the item is not available. Does you or anyone else know where to find this one?
Old     (volzalum)      Join Date: May 2009       05-24-2010, 9:45 AM Reply   
Rahn, Here are a bunch to pick from.

http://search.overtons.com/?Ns=p_ima...Ne=1000&N=2052

It looks like the LF towable is backordered, but the non-towable is available from boardstop. -Dax
Old     (boardnxtx)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-24-2010, 7:05 PM Reply   
Ended up getting myself a Sevylor Party Dock Island from Wal-Mart for $89.99. Pretty good deal if you ask me. I'll be testing it out this weekend, but I'm sure it'll do the trick for that price. No thanks on the LF party islands for $400...pffffttttt