Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 05, 2008

Old     (load)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-27-2008, 12:28 PM Reply   
Just curious if anyone has any feedback from the mandatory inspections that took place on I-5 this past weekend? I am heading up to Trinity and Britton at the end of June and want to be prepared. Thanks!
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-27-2008, 1:00 PM Reply   
Ditto. I am going to Shasta on Thursday.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-27-2008, 2:00 PM Reply   
Doug, I have heard a horror story from someone who was inspected at Lake anderson being sent away with less than 1/2 a cup of water in the bilge. Just an FYI for how bad it could be.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-27-2008, 2:03 PM Reply   
I'd like to know also. Heading to Whiskeytown on 4th of July weekend.
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-27-2008, 2:15 PM Reply   
Please explain - leaving for Shasta June 2nd.
Old     (migitty)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-27-2008, 2:35 PM Reply   
I went through the mussel inspection at the CHP Facility in Cottonwood this past Friday on my way to Shasta Lake for Memorial Day weekend. It was way more of an educational stop than an actual inspection. Took less than five minutes and they never looked in my boat. They were quite friendly. They gave me some reading materials and sent me on my way.

In regards to the lake, it’s way too low for this time of year. By Labor Day, it’s going to be ugly low.
Old     (load)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-27-2008, 3:01 PM Reply   
Thanks Matt & Matt, I have been following the Anderson saga also.

Just to be safe I plan on trying to get as much water out of the boat as I can, but it is tough. I always have some water in my bilge, and front bag, and also below the front bag.

Bond go to this site

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/news/news08/08038.html
Old     (bkoz)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-27-2008, 3:50 PM Reply   
David B, we'll be at Whiskytown over the 4th also. staying at Oak Bottom, if you see us be sure to say hi. Boat in profile and 2 90's Sanger DX's.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-28-2008, 6:10 AM Reply   
Byron,

Cool, I will be in my white/orange Tige RZ2 (my profile has my other boat that is for sale). Not sure which part we are staying in but near the dock and tent camping. As you can see, I have never been there. :-)

(Message edited by dabell on May 28, 2008)
Old     (mibu)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-29-2008, 12:22 PM Reply   
We were at the inspection in Cottonwood for 30 minutes. I think we had all of the dogs sniffing around our boat and all the officers asking us the same questions. The dogs picked up something on the tongue of the trailer and the fender.

Because we said we used the boat in the last 5 days we had to go see the dogs. The only thing we did earlier in the day was clean out the bilge with Simple Green because we had an oil leak. We have only used the boat recently in the Delta (Orwood area) and Shasta. So, we weren't in any of the lakes that had mussles.

They were all extremely nice and apologized repeatedly. The said this was a learning experience for them and the dogs as well. And that they are going to go back and do some tests with the dogs on Simple Green and test some more water from the Delta. They want to figure out what the dogs were hitting on.

My advice is don't use your boat 5 days prior and make sure everything is dry.
Old     (bryguy)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-29-2008, 2:34 PM Reply   
How are the lake levels looking at Trinity? Planning on a Shasta trip mid July, shoreline camping, but with the water levels the way they are Trinity might be a better option. Does Trinity have anything similar to Shasta's shoreline camping or are all established sights?
Old     (braap13)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-29-2008, 4:04 PM Reply   
Trinity right now is down about 55 feet. It is low, but same with every lake in CA. I would guess it would be down about 65-70 feet by mid July. And I am pretty sure only one ramp is going to be open-Minersville, which is basically just an old gravel road. I don't think you can shoreline camp, but there are boat-in campsites. The site at Ridgeville on the islands are nice.