Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 12, 2008

Old     (azwakekid)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-04-2007, 8:39 AM Reply   
well the subwoofer in my boat was layed to rest yesterday. and so i went down to the local audio store and looked at some new options for my boat. i didnt want to change boxes cause i already have a box built that fits perfect under the dash of my vlx. so the guy was tryin to sell me this tc3000 10inch woofer. he says it will out perform anything these days. does anyone have anything to say about this company good or bad. feedback would be great thanks
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-04-2007, 8:53 AM Reply   
I've seen some crazy videos online of the devastation that TC sounds subs do to cars (warping roofs, breaking windows etc...) but these were the largest subs they make with a TON of power. Just based off what I have read is that they are a great sub for volume but not for creating music. I do not have the most reliable feedback because I have not heard them in person or have any feedback on any of the other subs they make. I'm guessing it is the Epic series because they do not list a TC3000. Based off the specs it should play nice and deep but is not very efficient.

What sub are you replacing (any likes or dislikes)?

What size enclosure and ported, sealed, bandpass?

What amp are you using?

What style of music do you listen to?

What highs and tower speakers are you running with how much power?

^^^^These are all things the local audio store should have asked. Let me know and I'll give my suggestion.
Old     (azwakekid)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-04-2007, 11:46 AM Reply   
well i am replacing a 10w7. i built a sealed box to jl specs. and i had it on a 1000/1 and i got the nvs addictions running on a orion amp that is probally 300 watts rms and jl interior speakers. i listen to all kinds of music but at the lake mostly rap music. what do you think?
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-04-2007, 5:54 PM Reply   
I'm running two TC-3000 12's in my boat, but they are under powered in my opinion. I am looking for an amp in the off season to feed them more.

From a structural side, they are built very well and have a lifetime warranty. They are definitley heavy I think each sub weighs 49 pounds If I remember right.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       11-05-2007, 6:49 AM Reply   
I have the 10 tc-3000. Good sub, very comparable to the w-6, but much cheaper. I replaced mine under warranty after blowing it ( bad ported box). I'll proabbly sell it once I get it back.
Old     (azwakekid)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-05-2007, 4:28 PM Reply   
adam do you mine me asking what you payed for it?
Old     (superair)      Join Date: May 2000       11-05-2007, 7:13 PM Reply   
the revo and axis look like cool subs if you have enough power to run them.
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-05-2007, 7:48 PM Reply   
Rodney- you weren't happy with the W7?
Old     (azwakekid)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-06-2007, 2:29 PM Reply   
oh i definatly am. just checking out my other options. plus the jl dealers in my part of town are not very friendly nor really smart. well at least i dont think so.
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-06-2007, 9:45 PM Reply   
Rodney. In this application I will leave it up to the rest of the posters on this site to make a recommendation. I can suggest a few subs but they would all take a different air space than the 10w7 (some more and some less) and need a new enclosure built. If it comes to that let me know and I will kick in a little more help. I think that you have a great existing setup and I'm curious what you decide and how it ends up. Sorry to hear about your local JL dealers. I would love to help you but I'm a ways away.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       11-07-2007, 5:54 AM Reply   
rodney I think I paid around $170 for it, I bought it on sale from TC sounds. I think they are now asking around double that???
Old     (superair)      Join Date: May 2000       11-07-2007, 6:19 AM Reply   
I emailed TC about the prices and this is what I got back. I'm thinking about running 4 revo 10's or 4 axis 12's.

Revo 10” $269
Axis 12” $749
I would personally recommend the Axis 12’s
Those would ROCK that boat!!
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-07-2007, 8:09 AM Reply   
thilo is a great guy and knows his stuff..

he is one of the founders of the high excursion sub (he has done the engineering for them with jl and sunfire just to name a few)
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       11-07-2007, 8:47 AM Reply   
you can use a sub that needs a smaller box, just fill the extra space in the box with something dense (and secure it so it doesn't rattle)
Old     (azwakekid)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-07-2007, 1:55 PM Reply   
ah looks like im just going to have the sub rebuilt. took it to a shop today. they said it would be back in a couple of weeks.
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-07-2007, 6:58 PM Reply   
JL's repair is nice because they only reuse the magnet and frame structure. Since you have much more power than you need, have you ever considered putting a second 10W7 in the boat? You would get much more use out of the 1000/1.
Old     (azwakekid)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-08-2007, 3:06 PM Reply   
i ive been thinking about it. just dont know where to put a second one. cause if i put it in the passanger compartment i wont even hear it... so i dont know
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-08-2007, 8:08 PM Reply   
You would be surprise how much sound can make it out of the area behind the spotters seat. Think of your boat as a sedan and the passenger compartment as your trunk. Is your existing enclosure ported or sealed? I only suggest a second one because of the amount of power you have. If you had a 500/1 I wouldn't make the suggestion.