Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through September 24, 2004

Old     (gymboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-07-2004, 5:18 PM Reply   
Well I finally took the plunge and have sealed the deal on a 2004 SAN. My question is what to do with the stereo. Right now I want to replace the factory speakers as well as the subwoofer. Eventually I want to replace the deck as well because I cant use my sony XM receiver with the clarion head unit.
I will also be adding tower speakers too. I alreday have them b-530's and b-50's. Also can you recomend some amps. Im hoping to power the boat interior speakers with one amp(6 channel) and then a subwoofer and tower speakers with another amp (5 channel). Im hoping to only spend and 1k on all of this.
Old    tclagggym            08-07-2004, 10:07 PM Reply   
Hey Rod,
Did you buy your boat from Ron's Marine ?
And what is the meaning with gymboarder ?
I 'm only asking you these things because, I bought my boat at Ron's and I own a Gym.
I have the 2 front kicker speakers running off the deck,the other 4 kickers on the 300.4 amp.Exit that 10inch sub and put like a 15 or 12 sub with 600 or more to it. The tower speakers you have your going to need at least 300 to 600.
There are lots of amp options, but for the money Kicker amps on ebay are a cheap way to go. Mine sounds great, for what I spent.

Old     (gymboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-07-2004, 10:48 PM Reply   
Tim,
Yes I did, well almost, buy it from Ron. He is out of town for 10 day so I cant sign the paper work or pick it up unitl he gets back. Ron is a great guy plus I really trust him and he spent a lot of time with me going over the boat. He made me a hell of a deal on his 2004 demo boat. Only 20 hours on it and nautique still considers it new so I get all warranty coverage. Gymboarder is because I like to board as well as work out. Thanks for the info on the stereo system. Im definately going to tackel this project over our cold winter.
How does your boat handel the chop. Im comming from an avalanche that could plow through almost anything. I know my wake is going to be 10 times better but im concerned about rough water.
Old    tclagggym            08-08-2004, 10:29 PM Reply   
Oh you haven't drove it yet. What chop? It drives like a Benz. Not to dog your Avalanche, but you will notice a big difference in handling and performance. When you see Ron next tell him Tim from Visalia said Hi, and maybe I will see you at Pine Flat next year, since it's pretty low now.
Good luck.
Old     (osuwaterski)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-09-2004, 8:20 AM Reply   
Rod,
I'm running the same setup that Tim described in my 2002 Team. Front speakers are running off Clarion xmd1 deck and interiors are running off the 300.1 kicker impulse (which is kicker's lower end series). If you trash that 10" marine sub (highly recommended)you can use your 300.1 to power your 4 interiors (now you can run the interiors at 4ohms for cleaner sound). I put a kicker comp vr 12" sub in a sealed box under the passenger seat, although you will loose some storage space. I'm running a kicker 400.1 mono amp to my 12" kicker sub and that's all the bass I was looking for. The options are unlimited, but I was looking to keep the cost down on my system. Good luck!

Lance

(Message edited by osuwaterski on August 09, 2004)