Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (surfer_ryan223)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-06-2006, 6:42 PM Reply   
Hey I have the trick boardz surfskate, but I cant stay with the wake. I have a pretty decient wake( 04 supra gravity games ed.)Also have a lot of weight put in it. I can surf with bigger boards, but for some reason I cant stay with it on my surfskate. Anybody have any suggestion or experience with this problem?
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-06-2006, 7:59 PM Reply   
try more weight forward, put more of your weight on your front foot
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-06-2006, 11:03 PM Reply   
How much do you weigh?
Old    surfdad            04-07-2006, 6:15 AM Reply   
I second markj, you're not 240 lbs trying to ride that thing are you? :-) The surfskate does require a BIG wake to ride effectively. As Entrust points out moving your weight forward helps, and also moving your weight TOWARDS the wake will help. I also found, that depending upon the boat, that speeding up the boat helped me ride the surfskate better - normally when I am having trouble staying with the pocket I slow the boat down, but I found in certain situations speeding up the boat allowed the surfskate to plane better. I hold on to the rope and have the driver adjust the speed until I can feel that board plane.

One last thing I tried and you might find it helpful. I swapped the rear fin out for a deeper surfdog fin off and old wakeboard. The surfskate was hard for me to "pump". When I threw in the deeper fin I was able to pump the board - using a side to side motion. That helped a ton.

Larry Mann of Trick Boardz offers some of the best customer service in the business, he wants all his customers to be happy...if you're still having troublee give him a buzz and he'll help you out.
Old     (surfer_ryan223)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-08-2006, 10:39 AM Reply   
thanks a lot guys I will try out those tips. I weigh 150 so i dont think weight is an issue. How much does putting some weight in the bow on the side you are surfing help?
Old     (surfer_ryan223)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-08-2006, 7:16 PM Reply   
Hey do any of yall have pics of you surfing with the surfskate, so I can see the wake yall use???
Old     (niap101)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-13-2006, 7:52 AM Reply   
Ryan
Try riding in the "sweet spot" right behind the swim platform and stay in this area. The board will typically accelerate quickly when riding in this area so you have to be quick with the front to rear weight shift. Once you are comfortable in the sweet spot, you can begin increasing the area on the wave that you ride. For me at least, the more experience I get, the bigger the sweet spot. By the end of last season, I was recovering from stalls at the very back of the wave that I would not have been able to do at the beginning of the season.
There are videos on our website www.trickboardz.com. but they are the same as the DVD we sent you (we did send one, correct?). Trick Boardz in general and Surf Skate in particular like a crisp wave. If your wave is foamy, you will have difficulty.
Hope this helps. Please contact me directly if I can offer any more help.
Larry
Old     (surfer_ryan223)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-13-2006, 1:01 PM Reply   
I will try that and yes i did get the video.
Old     (surfer_ryan223)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-17-2006, 10:52 AM Reply   
I went out this weekend and your advice helped a lot.Thanks for the help I can now start to feel the rope gain slack. Now all it is is just practice to ride longer with out the rope.