Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (Tigro)      Join Date: Sep 2012       09-19-2012, 5:30 AM Reply   
Hey guys, I recently purchased an 06 Pro V and cannot dial in the wake. I have tried all sorts of weight arrangements but just can't get the wake steep enough to give me enough push on a skim board. I have even weighed it down to the point that I couldn't get it faster than 9 mph!!! I can ride wireless on a foam longboard (Ronix). An adjustable wakeplate is on the way and am praying that I didn't spend the $$$ for nothing.

I have seen pics of some sick wakes behind the Pro V's, but can't get mine to do it!!! Any ideas?
Old     (wake26)      Join Date: Mar 2009       09-19-2012, 6:45 AM Reply   
I have a 2008 team v this is how I set mine up. Stock ballast on surf side, 540 sac in rear locker 540 sac on the floor along seats wakeplate all the way up, speed 10.5. this set up has given me a real good wake. sometimes I will put a 540# sac in the walkway to the bow if I don't have to many people in the boat. everybody in my group rides skim style boards. Let me know if you need anything else.
Old     (Tigro)      Join Date: Sep 2012       09-19-2012, 8:58 AM Reply   
Jarod - so you don't fill the non surf side internal too? The team v has a little more internal ballast but the same hull right? When you weigh it down, how close is the rub rail to the water? I can't get it close!!!

I think the lack of wake plate might be my problem. It has a fixed plate which I am sure is preventing the back from digging in enough.

Anyone else have a setup that works well? Thanks!
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-19-2012, 3:06 PM Reply   
Don’t put any ballast on the non surf side, a plate is not going to get your boat to list. You need to get the rubrail in the water. Set it up like Jarod does and you should be ok. Can you list what current set up your using now? that would help a lot for some advice. I would like to see the back of your boat to see how deep the V is. Sometimes if its a bit flatter in the back then lets say a Enzo or a Supreme226, it can be tough to figure out the exact weight distribution you need. But don’t get discouraged, it can be done, you might have to spend some $$, but it will be worth it.
Old     (wake26)      Join Date: Mar 2009       09-20-2012, 7:03 AM Reply   
I don't put any ballast on the non surf side. The sacs along the seat and in the front of the boat legthen the pocket but the sac in the locker is a must that is where I see the biggest defference in the wake. Are you surfing goofy side or regular? The team V is the same hull mine just holds a little more ballast. with this setup the rubrail in at the back of the boat sits at water level. I think the wake plate has alot to do with the wake there is a big difference if my wake plate is level or all the way up. My wake plate always goes back to level everytime the boat gets shut off and my wife always forgets to raise it when I surf and when I tell her to raise it there is a big change in the wake. hope this helps.
Old     (Tigro)      Join Date: Sep 2012       09-20-2012, 7:59 AM Reply   
I am surfing regular. The only time I have gotten the rail down to water level, the boat couldn't get up to speed. I was able to get it that low by putting all the extra ballast in the back left as well as a 250 lb buddy sitting on the corner. Also had another 600ish lbs of passengers in the boat. Maybe I need a different prop? Is yours stock Jarod?

I have a 450lb sack (rectangular) that is in the locker and another 500lb sack (long oval) that is designed to be in I/O middle ski lockers. I can put it on the floor or bow. Maybe I need to buy a long skinny sack to go under the port bench so the weight is distributed closer to the port side.

Sounds like the wake plate may fix my woes though.
Old     (wake26)      Join Date: Mar 2009       09-20-2012, 2:34 PM Reply   
I am running a 13 1/8 x 14.25 prop and we ride a 5200 feet. try the 500lb in the back locker the 400lb along the side seat on the floor mabey even a little bit to the front stock ballast on surf side and most of the people on surf side maybe one or two up front. this should give you a good wave. my own opion the wake plate will make a huge difference I use mine all the time to help get on plane. Also if you are having troubles getting up to speed with the wake plate level it will only get worse if you have a wake plate that goes futher up might need to look at a dirrerent prop maybe.
Old     (Giddyup)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-20-2012, 4:48 PM Reply   
i agree, im running a proV2 a shorter hull that the proV, i weight the back locker full, i think 500lb surf side ballest full other side half or empty, depending on the amount of people in the boat, i notice i also need some wieght up front, real helps out the pocket, we surf goofy, it seems much harder to get the wake on goofy with this boat that reg, check your prop, i was stock 13 x 17.5 im at 1700ft im going to a 13x16 for next year, i tried a smaller prop this summer, wow big difference in the wake. a prop changes the boats wake as well as the speed significantly post some pic, the guys on hear have been a great help
good luck
Old     (Tigro)      Join Date: Sep 2012       09-21-2012, 6:10 AM Reply   
Here are some pics that may help out.

As you can see, the wake has no shape!!!
Old     (wake26)      Join Date: Mar 2009       09-21-2012, 6:45 AM Reply   
What speed are you going? looks like you need to speed it up a little need to be around 10.5-11mph.
Old     (wake26)      Join Date: Mar 2009       09-21-2012, 6:51 AM Reply   
Mark

Goofy side we use the same weight set up as regular but it seems that we need to speed the boat up a little bit around 11.5mph. It takes a 20-30 sec for the wave to clean up but once it does it is a great goofy wave.
Old     (Tigro)      Join Date: Sep 2012       09-21-2012, 7:18 AM Reply   
That's at about 10. Wake is cleaner when faster, but doesn't have enough push. Just got the wake plate and should get to try it out a week from Sunday. Thinking its gonna do the trick!
Old     (wake26)      Join Date: Mar 2009       09-21-2012, 7:39 AM Reply   
I found a pic with the set up that I run.
Attached Images

Old     (Tigro)      Join Date: Sep 2012       09-21-2012, 8:40 AM Reply   
Holy crap!!!! That is awesome!