Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 23, 2009

Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-21-2009, 9:54 AM Reply   
I know its still cold but some of us have had some obnoxiously good weather.

I'm bored as all hell at work and was surfing around.

Has anyone tried any of the new boots yet?

In particular, I have been thinking of making the switch to Ronix this year and want to know what you think of the new technology. I also hear that LF is going to have the baseless technology too.

If anyone has seen/ridden the 09 stuff, please chime in.

This is the only link I have been able to find that really explains the Ronix technology.http://connection.wakeside.com/2009/01/14/2009-ronix-boots-tech/

(Message edited by cavlxenvy on January 21, 2009)
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-21-2009, 10:11 AM Reply   
LF already has the baseless tech out from last year. i cant speak for the ronix stuff as i only tried one of their boots on a few years ago but i just got a new set of Byerly Boas and a set of Marek bindings from hyperlite yesterday and they are both baseless. makes them super light. the cool thing about the new hyperlite bindings is that every model has a different footbed so there is a damn good chance you will find one that fits your feet perfectly
Old     (jcas)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-21-2009, 10:15 AM Reply   
I got a pair of One's from wakeside.com. The bindings are sick. The lightest bindings I've ever owned and super comfy. Not to mention they sent out my bindings the same day I ordered them and only charged me 5 bucks for 3 day shipping.
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-21-2009, 10:18 AM Reply   
Nice Callen. We might ride Super Bowl weekend if you are game.

I had a feeling that Hyp went baseless too.

J Cas: have you tested out the boots yet?
Old     (chrism4668)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-21-2009, 10:22 AM Reply   
The ronix feetbelt is that attached the the laces like and option 2 strap idea or is it total contained?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-21-2009, 10:22 AM Reply   
I've used the 09 CWB Answers. They are pretty similar to last years boot and still one of the most comfortable I've used. If you like a boot that contacts and supports your whole foot then they are worth a look.
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-21-2009, 10:42 AM Reply   
Chris, I think they are attached to the lower laces from what I can tell on that link.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       01-21-2009, 10:47 AM Reply   
I also just got my Mareks and Byerly Boas.

The Byerly Boas are sooo comfy! The Mareks are great if you are looking for awesome ankle support I recommend the Mareks I don't need that much support... yet.. So i think I am gonna roll with the byerly boa's.
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       01-21-2009, 11:24 AM Reply   
I rode the murrays last sunday....very comfy. Every year they get nicer and nicer! I havent broken them in yet, but i think they are gonna be winners...but im still waiting to try the new audios...
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-21-2009, 11:26 AM Reply   
Mareks and Boas? I think I need your job.
Old     (jcas)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-21-2009, 12:01 PM Reply   
Envy, I rode my bindings last week. I demo'd the Mareks, and wasn't as big of a fan as I thought I'd be. I have had some issues with boa's in the past, so I didn't even want to look at those. I did like the Vantage's but I wanted a closed toe boot. So yeah, I love the One's. They're the most comfortable binding I've ever worn. I'm not saying that cause I just bought them. I did my homework first.
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-21-2009, 12:54 PM Reply   
I'm riding the 09 One Boots and have commented many times already on WW about how much I love them. Lighter than ever, ZERO heel/toe lift, and the easiest binding to get in and out of I've ever tried on. They took the old model... which was great and truly went out and fixed the problems.... A+++++
Old     (nosebleed)      Join Date: Apr 2004       01-21-2009, 1:19 PM Reply   
What kind of life are you getting out of these boots?
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-21-2009, 1:32 PM Reply   
the boa system has been completely redesigned since previous years. they are much more durrable and are similar to the snowboard boas. the other thing about the byerly boas that are cool is they have a standard 2 lace system in the front that tightens your boots. the boa in the rear is there to adjust forward lean to were you want it. it makes your bindings completely customized to your foot.
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-21-2009, 1:51 PM Reply   
from my experience, the problem with the boa has always been the person that tightened it too much or the person that slides off the platform and catches the boa dial on the platform.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       01-21-2009, 2:01 PM Reply   
If you slide off the platform and catch the boa with these new bindings, you should probably rethink wakeboarding.

I do love being able to adjust my forward lean. Have only put them on in my living room and bounced around to see if my knee is ready to ride. I think I am a go for the next winter session anybody want to bring me out on.

Callen you guys riding anytime soon?
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-21-2009, 2:28 PM Reply   
im down to ride whenever. just waiting for someone to invite me out. no boat in my driveway unfortunately. i was out twice last week. the rain has started though so maybe when the rain stops next week
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       01-21-2009, 2:45 PM Reply   
Word! If you go out on a weekend hit me up, I am ready to start taking some turn to see how the leg holds up!
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-21-2009, 2:51 PM Reply   
Sorry for the negativity, but looking at new wake bindings makes me want to stick to wakeskating. $400 for high end boots that look like snowboard boots and are also twice the price of high end snowboard boots? I just don't get it???
Old     (101wake)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-21-2009, 2:58 PM Reply   
Stick to wakeskating then.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-21-2009, 4:07 PM Reply   
schoolrider our boots are the boots and bindings combined,snowboard boots alone might cost less but when you purchase the bindings as well they are almost a wash in price..

Now boat prices ,thats another story :-)
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-21-2009, 4:28 PM Reply   
09 Ronix ones look great, super lite
09 LF Vantage - look really good
09 Murray looks way better than 08
09 SS d3 - looks just a little better than d2 = great boot
09 CWB look like they've been made a lot better
Old     (tcwake)      Join Date: Dec 2008       01-21-2009, 8:02 PM Reply   
I really like the ronix reliks this year.. they feel like a new pair of nike jordans.. they are super light and flexible.. anybody else rode them yet?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-22-2009, 8:50 AM Reply   
One difference I have noticed just looking at pictures is that even though the other brand boots are "baseless" your foot is still significantly raised off the board. I am not sure but I think the Ronix bindings have a much thinner base to get your feet closer to the board. I have played with the Ronix boots on a board in the living room and there is little to no heel/toe lift.

(Message edited by polarbill on January 22, 2009)
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-22-2009, 8:53 AM Reply   
You need cushion in wake as you land on a flat surface. The "foot closer to the board" deal is a stupid argument. LF has the innovation here as they have added an insole that absorbs the impact.
I guess if you are still learning single wake jumps then the Ronix boots will be fine.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-22-2009, 9:05 AM Reply   
Is it stupid? It isn't like there is less padding then previous bindings. They just eliminate the hard plastic that in previous years was between the board and the cushioned foot bed. You should have better response and control being closer to the board.
Old     (kellen)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-22-2009, 9:30 AM Reply   
Yesterday I sat down at norcal and tried on a few dif boots.
hyperlite. Murray garbage this year.byerly bad ass super good heal hold.
Meric nice glove feel wrap good heal cup..

Ronix one super light single wrap inside super good heal cup.

Of course CWB always comes through with great heal hold and comfort.

Everything else felt like my heal was loose. If you like interrior heal lift its all you.
Old     (bcnumber1)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-24-2009, 7:58 AM Reply   
has anyone demo'd the byerly pros? How is the heel hold?
Old     (dhv142)      Join Date: Oct 2008       01-24-2009, 9:53 AM Reply   
ive rode the 09 one boots, they are super light, flexible and give you all the support you need, and with the new baseless technology, there even better, i highly recommend you try these boots, and the whole ronix line if u get a chance, definitely worth it