Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-16-2013, 8:46 AM Reply   
I'm happy to say I'm a malibu owner again!
Life started for me with a 88 Malibu Skier that I purchased leaving High school. It was a great boat with a skylon tower and a ballast system made from Orchard Supply =) Which is how I discovered Wakeworld!

After the Malibu Skier I purchased in my opinion the most bang for your buck boat for a college kid, a Sanger V210. I loved the Sanger and the wake was always good. I had that boat for about 4 years and put just about 400 hours on it. I sold the Sanger to help buy a house, and by coincidence I met my wife the day I sold my Sanger. Well fast forward three years later and now I have a home and a beautiful wife and this Saturday we are boat owners again. I've been looking for a LSV and went and viewed a few of them and found that most boat owners have a different view of how to take care of a boat then I do. That all changed when I met Steve last weekend in Ukiah when he pulled out this beauty. I liked him right away as he climbed into the boat and took his shoes off =)

The details:
LSV, 4 ballast tanks
240 hours
WetSound Rev 8 tower speakers and arc audio amps
always garaged and in impeccable condition.

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-16-2013, 8:52 AM Reply   
Congrats Nate! Beautiful boat.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       12-16-2013, 9:14 AM Reply   
Great boat. I've always like that years wrap-around windshield. The wake is killer too.
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-16-2013, 9:43 AM Reply   
Nice!
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-16-2013, 9:45 AM Reply   
Beauty!! Congrats!
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       12-16-2013, 9:47 AM Reply   
Gorgeous boat, good luck with it!
Old     (MCObray)      Join Date: Mar 2013       12-16-2013, 10:30 AM Reply   
Congrats on your purchase! Great looking boat. You should go naked... As in, remove the graphics .
Old     (slowwwflowww)      Join Date: Mar 2011       12-16-2013, 10:52 AM Reply   
That is probably my favorite color and boat .Just looks so friggin good.On and off the water!!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       12-16-2013, 11:04 AM Reply   
Congrats on the new ride and back to the Malibu family... GREAT boat and GREAT wake!
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-16-2013, 11:22 AM Reply   
I'm thinking about removing the graphics as well and just having the Malibu in the back. Thanks for the compliments the wife and I are so stoked and cant wait for summer!
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       12-16-2013, 3:09 PM Reply   
fantastic rig.. agree on the graphics - naked + chrome Bu logo..

Congrats!
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       12-16-2013, 3:27 PM Reply   
Great boat, love the color!!
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       12-16-2013, 4:42 PM Reply   
Congrats man. I just bought a Malibu this week also. Very nice boat u got there
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-18-2013, 7:43 AM Reply   
So the graphics are coming off, we are going to roll naked and see if we like it and maybe update it with the 2014 logos.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       12-18-2013, 9:28 AM Reply   
First off congratulations to Nate and Jaime, I know you guys will be very happy with this boat and I am looking forward to being part of your crew! I might even show up with a bundle of micro-fiber rags and a couple bottles of Slick-Mist first time out so we can take care of this baby right!

Great colors, glad I even had a small part of pushing Nate to choose this boat based a variety of reasons including colors. I have never been a fan of any of the flame or tribal graphics that most of the boat builders used in the early 2000-2010 decade. Most have gone away from these graphic shapes and now it dates your boat as being an older boat. While I like the look of a naked boat, they can also look a little stripped down. This boat has a gelcoat pattern that is used on boats in current production so I would choose one of the later model "Wakesetter" letter graphic and make the boat look like a brand new boat. My $0.02
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       12-18-2013, 10:28 AM Reply   
My choice: http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...-LSV-102129817
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       12-18-2013, 10:34 AM Reply   
Beautiful. I love those boats without the graphics!! Sooooo clean. I also like how the tower shape matches the windshield shape.