Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       02-21-2013, 3:36 PM Reply   
After my dad passed away a few years ago I sold my house and moved into his since it was paid for. I went into the attic and found this hiding in a dark corner. I think I bought it in 1990. I might be fun to try it out again.

Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-21-2013, 3:55 PM Reply   
pretty sweet! Loving the Dimples on the bottom! classic.
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-21-2013, 4:29 PM Reply   
That was the first board i ever owned. Still have it in the garage. I remember buying it at Oshmans back in the day. We still break it out for some beginners because it is so stable.
Old     (BamaLurker)      Join Date: Dec 2011       02-21-2013, 6:00 PM Reply   
Thruster fin setup??? Classic!!! Nice
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-21-2013, 9:07 PM Reply   
They're not dimples, they're phasers!
Old     (jfergus7)      Join Date: Jul 2011       02-21-2013, 9:58 PM Reply   
I remember that board. Think my cousin had one and it was the first one I ever rode.
Old     (jtiblier123)      Join Date: Jan 2011       02-22-2013, 2:51 AM Reply   
I will buy that board from you. Seriously. How much?
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       02-22-2013, 6:24 AM Reply   
I Have the Twin Tip version of that board- the old bindings are gone, but it's the same dimpled bottom, XP with HUGE fins! YOu want it James, make me an offer and I'll send it along. I can get a picture up later today- it's in the rafters of the garage right now.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       02-24-2013, 10:58 PM Reply   
Woah, debbie downer stepping in here. I don't think this was purchased in1990 because the first compression molded board was shown at a trade show in 1991 or something. So for the interested parties, be informed that while it's old, it's not rare. I'm guessing that board is from somewhere around 1994. It's hard to keep those years straight after all of this time.

But i do love to see people with an interest in those old boards.
Old     (onecrazyredhead)      Join Date: Aug 2011       02-25-2013, 2:29 AM Reply   
There is a guy on craigslist in laurel md trying to sell the same board blue though for 175.00 i would never pay that much for a board that old maybe 50.00 if i was feeling generous.maybe thats why he has not sold it yet think he been posting it for over a year now.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-25-2013, 6:55 AM Reply   
My dad had the blue one with eyes on the bottom. We bought it for him father's day 1993. I rode it a few times and thought it was lame. 2 years later I got a Neptune Impala (pretty much a modern wakeboard). It is amazing how fast all of the tech in the sport changed in just a few years.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-25-2013, 8:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeworld View Post
They're not dimples, they're phasers!
Phasers Ha!!!...your going old school there. Perhaps we need a thread on old versus new lingo.