Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Tsg137)      Join Date: Jul 2011       02-01-2013, 4:51 PM Reply   
Planning on going to the GR boat show. From the link below I see that MB and Nautique will both be there. Does any one have any info on which models will be there? I'm interested in looking at a F24 and a G25. I have no plans on buying(happy w/ current boat), for some reason these two models have peaked my interest.

http://showspan.com/GRB/FloorPlan.aspx
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       02-01-2013, 5:05 PM Reply   
I know for the Show here there is no listing of what exact products the dealers have. You would probably have to call the dealers and ask them specifically which models they will have at the show.
Old     (ian_ashton)      Join Date: Jul 2008       02-02-2013, 3:26 AM Reply   
The last several years GR has had;
-MasterCraft (Action)
-Malibu/Axis (Not sure the dealer, but they only had a few boats)
-Supra/Moomba (Premier)
-Nautique (Also not sure what dealer, I think they had boats)

I don't remember seeing MB, but that doesn't mean much, as I don't remember most things! lol
Old     (edgeski1)      Join Date: Jan 2013 Location: Portage, Mi       02-02-2013, 9:25 AM Reply   
We will be there, tucked into the back room. We're bringing a 21 tomcat, a 23 widebody, and a 24 tomcat

see you there!
Old     (Tsg137)      Join Date: Jul 2011       02-02-2013, 5:33 PM Reply   
Thanks!
Old     (zoodsmak)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-04-2013, 5:29 AM Reply   
Should be a good show. No wakeboarding/ kicker show this year but it was time for a change.. Besides, there is a shark show!! ha ha.

Rusty Malinoski will be attending Friday and Saturday thanks to Hyperlite. Hope to see everybody there!
Old     (edgeski1)      Join Date: Jan 2013 Location: Portage, Mi       02-11-2013, 8:46 AM Reply   
Getting moved in! See you this week
Old     (Tsg137)      Join Date: Jul 2011       02-13-2013, 5:36 PM Reply   
When I originally posted the link remember seeing Nautique on the list. Now when I check back it is not on the list...
Old     (azeus17)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-14-2013, 11:47 AM Reply   
I was there yesterday and there were no Nautique dealers. Every other towboat possible, but not Nautique.
Old     (Tsg137)      Join Date: Jul 2011       02-17-2013, 5:53 PM Reply   
I ended up skipping the GR show to go to the Detroit show to see a G. I didn't get to see a G25 but a G23 was there. The G23 is MASSIVE. Curious to know how tough it will be to wipe the seats down when done riding. The F24 is AWESOME!!! I was really impressed with this boat overall. IMO the MB tomcat has the best looking picklefork bow. On a side note... the Tige Convex VX is impressive. MC was not at the show.
Old     (Michigantim22)      Join Date: Nov 2011       02-17-2013, 6:32 PM Reply   
I was at the Detroit show as well. Yes, I feel like a loser for not taking any pictures. Sorry. Spent all of my time at Malibu, MB and Nautique. All of the dealers were absolutely fantastic and are all great people. Skiers Pier for Malibu, Aqua Sports Marine for MB and Silver Spray or Nautique. Some observations:
-G23 was gorgeous and massive. It made the Super Air 21 and 23 look like toys.The BU's were gorgeous, decked out in their flake and the MB's are awesome as well, not just for their price, but overall. Overall, seems somewhat insane what these boats are going for. Walked through a couple of decked out 30 foot cruisers that were less than the G23! Biggest surprise was the pontoon segment. Some of the tri-toons were in the 100k range. In fairness though, they seemed as spacious and luxurious as a 2,000 square foot hotel suite. Definitely taking the "party barge" to the next level.
Old     (OldDad)      Join Date: Feb 2011       02-18-2013, 5:16 AM Reply   
I was down there yesterday and agree. My daughter spied the 31' two level pontoon with a sit down bar and immediately said "We have to have that!!!". $118k for a pontoon???? Good luck honey. Marry well.

The G23 is massive. Caught a peak when we dropped our 210 off for winterization. Looked like a dingy sitting next to that beast. Beautiful boat but overkill for my needs. The Malibu's looked good (they always do) and I'm still shocked that Mastercraft doesn't show up. Traffic was pretty good.

We were hoping to check out some SUP boards but only Skiers Pier and Silver Spray brought any. Kind of a bummer. I'm not a big fan of the MB's but then again, I'm 49 years old ;-)
Old     (edgeski1)      Join Date: Jan 2013 Location: Portage, Mi       02-18-2013, 10:41 AM Reply   

What a great show. We we're tucked into the nose bleed section, but still saw a ton of people Friday night until Sunday. It was cool to see a great deal of inboard brands represented. Overall, like the rest of the country, MB was incredibly well received. We're super pumped for 2013

Last edited by edgeski1; 02-18-2013 at 10:42 AM. Reason: i cant spel
Old     (OldDad)      Join Date: Feb 2011       02-18-2013, 11:19 AM Reply   
Good luck with the brand. I like the ones you brought to the show. The ones in Detroit were not as nice looking in my opinion. They certainly have a lot of different looks available.
Old     (zoodsmak)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-19-2013, 12:42 PM Reply   
Yes the Grand Rapids Show was very good this year. A lot of people out looking for boats for the summer. We had everyone from the shop working the show including a group from the Fenton/Detroit location.

Sorry to disappoint in Detroit If you want to see the new MasterCrafts you can find them at both the Fenton In-House Show and the Spring Boating Expo in March.

We also had Erik Ruck and Rusty Malinoski signing posters and helping out in the pro shop here in Grand Rapids and I have a lot of respect for both of these guys. They were both great ambassadors for wakeboarding and created lots of smiles over the weekend. If you have the opportunity to get to a clinic with either of them I'd recommend them both!

Here are pictures of the AWS booth in GR