Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-17-2011, 6:38 PM Reply   
Ok guys. I shot a quick vid on my iPhone of me using some boat bling hot sauce to clean some nasty funk on the transom area of my a22. Some people wanted to see a demo of this stuff - here you go. Please keep in mind that I'm using my iPhone, the sun is at my back so there is all kinds of glare on my black gelcoat, and the grime on the back of my boat had hardened because I pulled the boat the day before but didn't have time to clean it before putting it up.

I know some people are going to say that 409, or dish soap, or some stuff they make themselves in their meth lab would do a better job blah blah blah. I can tell you that this stuff is the best product I've ever used for, not only getting water spots off of my boat, but getting rid of the stubborn water line residue/sludge while not burning my hands off.

While I think the video does a great job demonstrating how well this stuff works, please keep in mind I have a black boat and I purposefully shot this vid showing the nastiest area of the boat under the swim platform (which I removed). Anywho, here's the vid:

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=VfZOsQfxWLk

One last thing, I typically keep my boat in pristine condition. I never leave it in the water overnight (I always put it on the trailer, wipe it down completely and park it next to my house), but a friend of mine was in town for a few weeks and wanted to ride a bunch so I just left the boat in the water at a friends dock for a few weeks in order to allow us to ride after work. Don't crucify me for the funk build up, I'm waxing the hull tomorrow with the quickie sauce to make everything look showroom again!
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-17-2011, 7:32 PM Reply   
Nice video and review, your son had me laughing.

Do they make interior products? I use Babes seat soap and I love that stuff. Smells good too.
Old     (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-17-2011, 8:31 PM Reply   
I leave my boat in the water for weeks at a time as well at my dock which is about 3' deep stagnant water. Car wash soap and sponge has never let me down when addressing lake scum. I dont know if id waste a bottle of hot sauce to clean up the bottom side of my hull. Im a pretty anal car detailer and own products from Swissvax, Zaino, Menzerna, Chemical Guys,, blah blah blah so i can definitely respect the Hot Sauce.
Old     (tre)      Join Date: Jul 2002 Location: WI       08-17-2011, 10:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarond0083 View Post
Nice video and review, your son had me laughing.

Do they make interior products? I use Babes seat soap and I love that stuff. Smells good too.
They do. They are also great. They have a cleaner and a protectant.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-17-2011, 10:34 PM Reply   
Yup, I'll be happy to post up another vid showing how the interior sauces work.

Aaron, Hahaha I've got 2 little girls, no boys. I'm severely outnumbered.
Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-17-2011, 10:37 PM Reply   
In just tried the sauce based on reviews from an earlier thread. The hot worked awesome. I was skeptical about the vinyl and conditioner but after the second application I'm sold. Thanks from ww
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-17-2011, 10:41 PM Reply   
Oh, and I guess the other thing to point out is that I typically use the hot sauce right when I've pulled the boat out at the ramp (out of the way of course) as part of my post use wipe down. Its not like I have a hose available to me at the ramp to soap up the boat to get the scum line off. Even if I did, I'd end up having to use the sauce anyway to get rid of all the water spots. It's just super convenient to have a bottle of the hotsauce on the boat available to use at any time. And a bottle really goes a looooong way.
Old     (stxr_racer)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-17-2011, 11:25 PM Reply   
Link not working for me?
Old     (Fourspeednup)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-17-2011, 11:29 PM Reply   
Great post and thanks for the demo vid!

FYI here's a better link, not sure why the 1st doesn't work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfZOsQfxWLk
Old     (stxr_racer)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-18-2011, 3:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourspeednup View Post
Great post and thanks for the demo vid!

FYI here's a better link, not sure why the 1st doesn't work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfZOsQfxWLk
Yip that worked, thanks! Nice vid btw
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-18-2011, 6:14 AM Reply   
you're sponsored by them too now?

awesome!
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-18-2011, 6:50 AM Reply   
Nope. I ordered set of sauces, loved them. That being said, if the guys at boat bling want to send me some free stuff, I'll take it! Haha! It's just a great product and I thought id share.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-18-2011, 6:58 AM Reply   
What I really hope is that a local dealer will take the time to look at all of the positive things that are posted on line and will pick up these sauces so I can just get them locally.